Richest People Of The Middle East | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Richest People Of The Middle East

Discussion in 'Middle East' started by GothamDreamBoards, Sep 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I would love to wake up in the morning and just...buy a space-ship. Maybe convert it into a monster truck... Ah, life is such a bore... zzzzzz....

Regards

2. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    I've been to Israel (Tel-Aviv) several times and am there now. The most exotic car I've seen was today and it was a new 2007 Porsche 911 Turbo. Other than that...nothing.

3. CMY

CMY F1 World Champ

Oct 15, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Funny that the largest ships are owned by the Americans though.

4. LittleBro

LittleBro Formula 3

Jul 7, 2004
    Herts, UK
    Full Name:
    Woody
    Surely that mantle would go to the Russians???

I too noticed the 500 Enzo's (probably right considering the other Enzo related threads :))....and an F40 for $200k! Sounds too low to me.

Good vid though.

5. reuven

reuven Karting

Apr 22, 2007
    Israel
    I am not so far away from them; I am looking desperately for petrol in our soil but up to now without success...

6. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    This is a sweet video.

I say whatever if has allot of money, time, and imagination why not build cool things. I think about of stuff that I would build all I need is money.

7. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Flown over his place.... will try to find the pics

8. sketchsk85

sketchsk85 Formula Junior

Aug 1, 2005
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    cool vid.
    though it didnt look like the first guy was wearing a seat belt in his Ford GT on the track.
    all while he was talking about being thrown around by G-Forces.

-Thomas

9. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I use to live like those guys but I found it too flashy...... Yea right!

10. Dilancer

Dilancer F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Dilan B.
    Great video, just dled it from Racingflix.com Amazing collection. Can't wait to take a trip there.

11. eklover

eklover Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2006
    From AK, now in CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Is this why my gas is $3.60 a gallon?

12. Moca

Moca Formula 3

Feb 3, 2007
    Hungary, Szombathely
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Amazing Video! Thanks to share ... I'll move to Dubai in the future :eek:

13. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    I have just viewed the video.

I have been numerous times to Dubai and have some business interests developing there, from my experience and collegues based there i'd say its all very well living this lifestyle but.....

...... you have to bare in mind that this influx of wealth, generation and infrastructure is:

1. Financed by the west (british and US architects and designers,)
    2. 'Built' (in the literal sense) by the indians, just go to one of the many large developments in and around the marina and you see hoards of indians (mainly from kerela) working long hours, shifted around in buses, fed once or twice a day and living in appalling conditions (as one of them told me 10 in a small room). Some of them also told me that they have seen many colleagues commit suicide as $150 dollars a month doesn't get you very far - YOU DONT HEAR THIS REPORTED MUCH WHEN YOU READ ABOUT DUBAI?!

3. Paid for by the emirates oil
    4. Generally the arabs are bloody useless and pretty thick, most of them like to be 'flash harrys' wearing a nice watch and driving a 4x4, but are unable to put food on the table.

14. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    I applaud the UAE for investing the oil revenues into other departments. At least the citizens are benefitting. Dubai looks cool, though it isn't for everyone.

The emirates has been getting a lot of attention in regards to it's human rights issues. Hopefully it put pressure on the government.

Is it just the government that are the investors, entreprenuers, and drivers of the new vision. Where do the large pool citizens get such wealth? Do they receive a portion of the profits each year?

15. Sanj-

Sanj- Karting

Jul 1, 2007
    Vancouver
    its not just dubai.....its happening everywhere. i would go as far as saying it is hapenning in the US as well.

16. Shamile

Shamile F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2002
    Lakeland FL
    Full Name:
    Shamile

Hey y'all,

What a terrible thing to say.

"Financed by the west"? ...I don't think so. The arabs have the money, the west ( and anyone else ) is there to provide the services.

Built by Indians...yes, just like any other country. In America, we have the illegal mexicans working for nothing in the hot sun picking vegs. and fruit so "we" can go and buy what we want when we want.

Most are just born with nothing. I applaude them for picking themselves up, working hard and putting up with " crap " so even if their lives won't be better, perhaps their childrens lives will be. That is also the story of America. Each wave of immigrants start at the bottom of the ladder and generation by generation, work their way up to greater sucess.......just have to work !

# 4 ...plain racist. that statement applies to many in many countries. Where are fake rolexs, gucci, LV sold the most? ...not Dubai I assume

Shamile

Freeze...Miami Vice !

17. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    these guys really like cars!

18. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    Its because Corporate America (aka Big Oil aka G. Dubeyew and Friends) won't build more refineries to process oil into gasoline. It aint the first time they shafted the Fox watching masses and blamed it on foreigners.

S

19. Sanj-

Sanj- Karting

Jul 1, 2007
    Vancouver

very well said. racism is inexcusable, should be banned for it.

20. arezzo

arezzo Formula Junior

Jul 29, 2003
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    SH
    Jealous Playerhater? :) Play the Game Yo, if you can't or don't know how then sit on the bench and watch, Uppaah :->

S

21. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    1. Accountancy 101. Financing and designing are two different things. I think you mean Designed by the west, paid for by the east.
    2. Indian labourors. Yes unfair. But no more unfair than than those chinese workers whose goods the US buys buy the Trillions.
    3. And what is wrong with that? God you make it sound like its a crime!
    4. Sounds just like LA. actually no. LA was much more flash on a saturday night.

22. David512

David512 Formula 3

Dec 15, 2003
    Northern California
    I agree.

Not just Arabs and/or Muslims, though.

IMO, governments, religious institutions, and corporations believe that they must--at all costs--keep the masses ignorant and therefore controllable. It's astonishing and infuriating. They all seem to be terrified of the masses finding out what is really happening. Examples are far too numerous to mention. IMO, both major political parties in the US and the other mentioned institutions are desperate to keep the tax-payers focused on a tiny part of the whole picture and also inundate people with heavy emotionalism, mostly fear and anger. We don't need this crap. IMO, when we the people have the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, then we the people will have the wisdom to make the right decisions--like fire 90% of the people in Washington.

Unfortunately, extremely biased versions of the meaning of current events are financed by vested interests. It would help if individuals made it their personal responsibility to find out what's going on and to get to know others of our species.

To that end, I have stayed in touch with some Muslim colleagues from my former employer, both the Iranians and Arabs, and will be going to Ifthaar at my former employer's campus next week, where the executives have recognized the importance of establishing better bridges with the Muslims at the company, which is a large company whose name is known to everyone here but which I will not post. The CEO will not be there, but severals senior VPs will be there.

One thing that people outside America should understand is that the average American gets very incomplete and diluted news. And, sorry to say, Americans are famous around the world for a lack of understanding of (and interest in) other countries and even America's own history. For Americans to get a better and truer picture, they need to search news sources outside the American news sources. Better yet, travel around the world and hang out with the locals instead of one's own kind. I've done it, and it's great!

In summary, I think that if we don't want to be bamboozled into losing our country, we need to increase taking responsibility for learning what the hell is going on. Question: how is it possible to finance a $12B per month war for years on end without raising taxes? Whose credit card are these wars being charged to? These are only two of many questions that SHOULD be keeping Americans awake at night.

Anyway, I like the idea of a Rallye-for-Peace with radical cars but no religious radicals. I am so pissed off at organized religions right now that I think the rallye should last for several days and fall on the Muslim, Jewish, and Christian sabbaths (after Ramadan)--and make that gesture a bold peace offering to the Creator. Think outside the box!!

Government secrecy is killing us.

David

PS I might rejoin P&R some day. Maybe

23. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    David

Excellant post. Especially love the Rallye bit! :)

You are so right about the US media. I studied in the US for a year and felt so cut off from the outside world. The British media give a much better account of what is actually happening (epecially the BBC), while I found the US media dramatic and lacking depth. In some cases distorting the facts which to me was massivley shocking as I knew the real story but the American masses didnt.

I've also lived and travelled in the middle east and despite being miles behind the US, at least people understood the issues. The scare mongering tactics that are used in the US give the impression that Terrorism is a mass view. Thankfully it is not, and a lot of things done in my religions name are actually political.

Enjoy your Iftaar!

24. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Nice post David. :)

Good people in there, and worth MUCH more than the $15 asking price. :)