Our fallen soldiers | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Our fallen soldiers

Discussion in 'Canada' started by ferrarilover, Sep 3, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

Should our Canadian soldiers be fighting the battles of others?

1. Yes, they are helping the peace initiative.

2. No, but we should maintain a presence there.

3. Thats up to the soldiers and the Canadian military if they want to fight or not over there.

4. We need to pull out all our troops ASAP!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    After the 40th solider was killed this weekend, I have a feeling the "taliban" or "alkida" is not going to be happy killing 2 or 3 soldiers at a time. They realise now that all they have to do is kill maybe 50 or 100 soliders at one time and the Canadian public will go ape**** on the govenment to get them out of there.

IMHO there will never be democracy in Afghanistan.

2. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    I voted to let them stay. The decision has been taken to send them there. I don't like *****ing out. If 5 years ago people didn't realize our soldiers would get killed at war, they need a reality check. Now should they reconsider their strategy? Perhaps, as I'm not convinced the current situation has made much progress since the Talibans were taken down from power (although I'll admit I'm not super informed on the subject). But pull out? No way, there is a time to take responsibility for your decisions. This is it.

This being said, I'm glad there are no Canadians in Iraq. And despise the americans who were so eager to go to Iraq and are raising hell to get their soldiers out of there now that they've seen a coupe bodies.

3. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
  4. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    +1000!!!!!!!!!!!! We can not thank them enough for the sacrifices they make... Its because of them we have the freedom where people like Starboy444 can be jackass.

5. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas

6. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    well put - although likely time to redo the Peacekeeping name.

Thank you to all who are in harms way, words alone can never be enough.

7. Burnout

Burnout Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Who needs a specific day to think about it. Each day we enjoy in our way of life can be attributed to what members of our armed forces, past and present have done and continue to do for us.

8. Ferrariguy2

Ferrariguy2 F1 Rookie

Apr 5, 2004
    Naples, Florida
    Full Name:
    Chief
    So... according to you, the Candians serving during WW2 were protecting our wonderful Country (thousands of miles away), BUT, as you say the current men and women in our armed forces:

"If it wasn't for you guys, thousands of innocent ....Afgani's,.....would still be alive."

Are murder's of civilians??

Intersting perspective you have there.

9. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Its sad, but true. Americans have lost almost 4000 soldiers since 2001, and what have they accomplished? Zero.

10. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I think zero is not correct. They have to have taken out a few bad people in that basket over there. Unfortunately, the collatoral damage has not only been the highlight but the most focus. Not sure there why there has been no attention to the hundreds of free(er) press, and freedom. We always see the people complaining in the interviews of "death to the west" why dont they show the women that have been liberated and attending school? Why dont they show the new construction, new water supplies being built?....the left here always feel necessary to make it worse instead of helping. I say to all the critics , pick up a shovel and help, and the people that complain in the middle east to grow up and help as well, once its done then we can all debate about what was wrong.

11. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Bad news sells more $ than good news....

I am anti-war, and my previous posts were just my .02$

12. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    tru dat !

13. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Starboy, don't bother replying on this thread again. But, save your anti-war rhetoric for another time and place, namely, Politics & Religion subforum. Inappropriate, disrespectul and absurd to express these sentiments when a sentiment of respect was intended purpose of this thread. Methinks you need to get into another line of work.

Thank you to the volunteers of today and to all who preceded them, while putting themselves in harm's way.

14. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Alright....lets get off Starboys case...lets move on.
    Thank you !

15. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    If you read my last posts, I AM thanking and supportive of our troops, I have friends in Afghanistan right now.....so I know first hand what it is like for a 31 year old man to be away from his wife and child for 5 months....its not easy for them and I am glad they are trying to change things for the better in those countries.

Like I said, my views are my opinion, and if it means getting flamed for them, than so be it. I will not get into "another line of work" because I wouldn't be able to express my views to the ignorant and slim minded bodies like you!

Anyways, I'm done here, I won't read anymore of this thread, so write what you want knowing its in vain....

16. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I was going to stay out of this.....but with all due respect Big Red.......human trash like this must be kicked in the balls when they rear their ugly heads with crap like this.....regardless of where they are speaking.

Well said Wax.

You cannot be anti-war and support the troops. That is a huge contradiction of terms........the biggest left wing phallacy of all time.

Don't leave the thread.......do us all a favor and leave the country........Eurabia and a lifetime of dhimmitude awaits you.......even better.....go to A-Stan....but just buy a one way ticket....because your anti-war views amongst those who wish to subjigate and kill us will get you a free ticket back......on FEDEX. Your head will come first and the rest of you later.

17. Forza-Italia

Forza-Italia Formula Junior

Dec 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Sorry Rick,....but both KDS and Wax are right....he's speaking at both ends of his mouth....that don't make sense.

18. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    On post #6 in this thread i had asked to keep this thread clean, i knew this would happen. Hence, im surprised Vasco hasnt merged this thread yet with a Bikini thread or something ;)

19. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I am PC, so lets not forget that it was the Liberals who got us into this mess in the first place.

Every PM and every President involved in this war is getting flamed. George Bush especially. And that was another reason as to why Paul Martin was voted out of office.

20. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    No , i think 90% of it had to do with accountabilty with the Liberals and that whole scandal...i dont anyone thought of the war effort here, if anything we didnt send a single troop to Iraq....it only was a small mission in Af. But wwe all know how thats turning out a few years later.

21. Biobanker

Biobanker Karting

Apr 4, 2006
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Starboy444, there is a big difference between supporting the troops and supporting the govt's decision for them to be there. You need to think before you say dumb stuff.

The troops are there for you and I and because the government sent them.

If you have an issue with the cause, take it up with the government. Addressing the troops in the manner you have is asinine.

22. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I only support our mission in Iraq and Afghanistan in a peace-keeping role.

I don't support insurgency or military aggression in regards to a Middle Eastern political reorganization.

And thats my final answer....LOL

Wrong...the troops are there for the Iraqi and Afghani People.

Why are we trying to help people who don't want to be helped? And getting killed for it?

The government just wants us to believe that we are fighting for democracy and peace in the Middle East, but we are actually just jumping on the English and USA war-wagon.

23. Dohhunter

Dohhunter Karting

Nov 1, 2005
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The English and USA war-wagons are there for the very same reason, amongst a few others.

You contradict yourself in a 360 rotation of gibberish, but it IS your opinion.

You make no sense, that is my opinion.

God bless the troops, the role they are doing, and the people they are helping.

THAT is support. Not "God bless our troops what the **** are they doing there".

24. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    wow - we sure disagree.

. I believe the traditional peace-keeping role doesn't exist anymore. The Taliban wants to revert Afghanistan to 15th century tribal society and don't want Peace - just victory, obviously at any cost. The Afghan govt asked for help to protect the schools, women, children, and their society. We're there at the Afghan Govt's request - and because our Govt (including our PC Govt) has asked our troops to stay and extend their fight, and are supporting our troops with more tanks and equipment. Canadian troops are one of the few countries willing to put themselves in harms way. How could you support PeaceKeeping in Afghanistan - that's an oxymoron. Should we just ask the Taliban to stop blowing up schools and killing intellectuals? "oh, please, we're Canadian's and want Peace..."?

. Last I checked, our troops are not in Iraq - a completely different scenario.

. Calling out KDS as an armchair Warrior is more than a little off the mark - he's one of the few in Canada who was willing to go on a battle field in a Canadian Uniform and stand up for his beliefs. and he fought for the freedom for you and others to call him a Terrorist, if that's your belief, and like wise.

I echo the earlier statement: supporting our troops is very different from supporting the politicians.

25. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I guess you're not intelligent enough to understand my statement.

Try and read it once more, (maybe read it out loud, that should help!) and you'll get it, its pretty clear.

Please read carefully (I've edited it to make it easier for you to understand):
    I only support our mission in Iraq and Afghanistan in a peace-keeping role (a passive, friendly mission).

I don't support insurgency or military aggression (an armed attack, using force) in regards to a Middle Eastern political reorganization.

And thats my final answer....LOL