3M Clear Bra Price and Installtion Q's | FerrariChat

3M Clear Bra Price and Installtion Q's

Discussion in '360/430' started by daericks, Jun 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daericks

daericks Karting

May 11, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Dan Erickson
    Does anyone know what a fair price is for this kit (installed)? I would like the full hood, mirrors, bumper, and the rear wheel protected. Is it conceivable that I could order thes "parts" and do the installation myself or does it require tools that I am not privy to own? Seems pretty basic to me but I'd love to hear your opinions... Thanks!

2. dsunnym1

dsunnym1 Karting

Mar 7, 2007
    MIAMI,FLORIDA
    Full Name:
    SUNNY
    dont even think about doing it yourself!!!!

i would rather have someone kick me in the balls !! seriously

3. mambodave

mambodave Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Full Name:
    Dave
    should be around $500 or so

4. daericks

daericks Karting

May 11, 2007
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Dan Erickson
    $500 is not bad at all.

5. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    My 360 has it on there. It's nice. It was on the car when I purchased it, so I don't know what the cost was. I do recall seeing a photo on a recent thread showing someone using a heat gun to install it (I think). So if you do attempt it yourself, that might be something to keep in mind.

I would also think if you contacted 3M, they might have instructions. It doesn't seem like it would be all that difficult. I've tinted my own windows before (not on a Ferrari - this was years back). It's not all that difficult, but like anything, you have to go slow and take your time.

Ray

6. sezme

sezme Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2006
    NJ
    Full Name:
    sezme
    $500!?!

Wow.... Figure on at least $1000 for basic stuff from a decent installer. Double that, for a great job and coverage.

S

7. Paintshield

Paintshield Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2004
    Grantham UK
    Full Name:
    Tom Wakeford
    From A high quality installer for Full Hood Full Fenders Bumper Sills and other ancilliary parts figure on any where between $2000 to $2600 bucks to guarantee a defect free install (any less than this on a FULL Frontal install should make you nervous about the quality) prices based on high quality US installers.

Cheers

Tom

8. budman

budman Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Buddy Delaney
    I am a 360 owner and after 4 years am still very happy with the 3M film on my car. My son's company SpectreFilm in SC installs only 3M paint protection film and he is a 3M Certified installer. Email him at [email protected] and he can help you locate a certified installer in your area. It is VERY difficult to install---no way I would try to do it myself. The approx cost will be closer to $ 1500 or more for the full hood coverage option package including bumper/mirrors/wheel wells. Good Luck

9. PristineAutowerks

BANNED

Jan 30, 2005
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Christopher
    Dan im assuming you wanted full fenders in addition to the full hood. I would say your looking at $1600, which is on the low side. Do not even think of trying this yourself, full coverage kits are way harder than the already difficult partial coverage kits.

Where do you live? I can recommend a few installers.

Christopher

10. bwiele

bwiele Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2007
    West Harrison, NY
    Full Name:
    Brian
    I just had the whole front end of my 360 done. Bumpers, fenders, full hood, plus rocker panels, leading edge of side intakes. $1,700 total. I would absolutely recommend against trying to do this yourself. I don't think this is a DIY project.