360 F1 clutch upgrade availability? | FerrariChat

360 F1 clutch upgrade availability?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Tifoso Ferrari, Jun 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifoso Ferrari

Tifoso Ferrari Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2005
    Upper Volta
    Full Name:
    Gianni Cagate
    The clutch on my 2003 - 360 with F1 is going to need replacing in the near future.

Are there any aftermarket clutch upgrades that should be considered? Or should I just stick with OEM?

Thanks!

2. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I was wondering just the other day if perhaps they have a ceramic clutch available out there. Or something that might last longer.

Ray

3. yellow 355

yellow 355 Formula Junior

Mar 25, 2005
    ocean city,nj
    Full Name:
    Ben Murphy
    There should be a kevlar option out there. I think the dealers will be mum on this one with the money made on these things......Clutchs are all just different size discs and materal....I want to research this further.....BEN

4. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I was thinking maybe the challenge cars have something. Does anyone know who makes the gearbox for Ferrari these days? I don't know if it's made in house or not.

ZF might be able to supply some sort of higher performance racing type clutch disc. I dropped them a note asking if they provide any sort of higher performance clutch disc. If I hear anything back, I'll let you know. I do know that most people I have spoken with say that the factor disc is plenty strong. However, I do like the idea of having something in there that will stand up to the abuse better.

I posted a question in the racing section. Perhaps someone there might know.

Ray

5. Ducati

Ducati Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Tilton Engineering in Buelton Ca. supplies many of the racing clutches. I had a 5" carbon fiber clutch years ago in a Formula Atlantic car. We did standing starts and the clutch never failed. It is certainly worth a call. If they make one for the 360 or challenge cars it would be an excellent price and last almost forever.

6. budman

budman Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    Columbia, SC
    Full Name:
    Buddy Delaney
    When I needed a new clutch for my 360 F1 last year I considered a Kevlar clutch kit from International Motorsports in Ca. but the Head Tech at Ferrari of Atlanta talked me out of it by saying it would last longer if it was a track only car but would not give the same feel in normal driving . I had them install the factory unit and am happy with the result but would have liked to hear comments from someone with a different clutch. Good Luck

7. Mark from Ork

Mark from Ork Formula Junior

May 29, 2007
    Miami Biatch
    No, it just wouldn't provide the normal profit as them selling you the factory unit.

8. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Great, thanks for the information. Do you have any info about the clutch/price from the one Int'l Motorsports was talking about?

Ray

9. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Okay, thanks. I'll check with them. Tilton makes good stuff.

Ray

10. duskybird

duskybird F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 20, 2007
    29 Electoral Votes
    Full Name:
    Bill B.
    Did anybody ever find a suitable replacement?