Looking for a Chauffeur / Driver for one day | FerrariChat

Looking for a Chauffeur / Driver for one day

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by warrenn, Jun 4, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. warrenn

warrenn Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2004
    LA for now,NJ really
    Hey Socal,
    My dad is visiting our beautiful state and he has a few places to visit and a few people to see and so I'm looking for a chauffeur who is friendly and knowledgable about the roads and freeways to drive him around for one day. I volunteered but he said he wouldn't be able to enjoy himself if he knew that I had to give up a day to drive him around with my busy schedule. Really not a big deal but my dad is stubborn.

Anyways I'll be supplying the car (the arnage not the diablo) so just need the driver. Of course clean driving record is a must!

Thanks in advance.

2. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Buy a driving cap, show up and surprise him when it's you driving. I wouldn't necessarily want some guy driving my car anyway. The father/son bonding will be priceless. What's he going to remember, some guy driving or your thoughtfulness of thinking he's special enough to spend the day with? Go for it :)

3. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    This reminds me of when a good friend of mine bought a used limo for $3K and we used to take turns driving each other around. So fun.

I agree though - find the time to take your dad around. Life is short. Don't be too busy to spend time with him. Work will still be there when he is gone.

Out of curiosity - where is he planning on going? A small part of me thinks it would be a kick to play chauffeur for a day.

4. AJUFC

AJUFC Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2005
    Brea OC, Cali
    i have a great driver his name is Eric he has Limos and SUVs and drives my vehicles privately... very professional, pleasant and trustworthy.... and VERY reasonably priced.

eric 949 302 8712

5. warrenn

warrenn Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2004
    LA for now,NJ really
    This suggestion is hysterical, if I showed up in a driving cap my dad would likely smack me across my head. He'd be like, "is this why I paid all this money for college? so you can be cheap and not hire a driver for me?" hahahahaha!! I totally agree with you though, I TRIED to offer to drive him around but he doesn't want to feel rushed, even though I TOLD HIM it was no big deal. Every dad is different right, mine is well.. he needs a driver.

6. jck

jck Karting

Sep 22, 2006
    Santa Monica, CA
    Full Name:
    James Kim
    Your might want to give THE PRIVATE CHAUFFEUR a try. Their number is (800)348-3312. Their rates are very good (I belive $25/hr plus $5/hr gratuity) and drivers seem professional. Their website is www.yourdriver.com

I have no affiliation w/them, but have used them in the past to my satisfaction.

Good luck,

James

7. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    charlie_ludden

8. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    When does your dad need to be driven around? The more I think about this the more interesting it sounds. I'd do it for free. Good thing my parents didn't pay for my college otherwise they'd be saying "WTF we spent that much money so you could chauffeur someone around for free?" :)

9. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    um, why do all of you people buy your own 750Li , A8 L, Rolls or a Maybach ?

The whole purpose is to be the passenger in the back and not the one driving the car.

If you dont get what I mean show at Mastros in Beverly hills in shorts, sporting a wife beater shirt and some flipflops.

10. AJUFC

AJUFC Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2005
    Brea OC, Cali
    that would be Kevin Fenderline ;)

11. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    LOLOLOLOL.

12. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I don't really understand what you are saying - but for the record I asked "WHEN" he needs to be driven around, not "WHY."

13. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Thank you for the worldly insight! ;)

14. Racer98

Racer98 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 7, 2005
    Encino.
    Full Name:
    K-Fence.
    um, why do all of you people buy your own 750Li , A8 L, Rolls or a Maybach ?

The whole purpose is to be the passenger in the back and not the one driving the car.

If you dont get what I mean show at Mastros in Beverly hills in shorts, sporting a wife beater shirt and some flipflops.

15. warrenn

warrenn Formula Junior

Mar 12, 2004
    LA for now,NJ really
    How much would it be to get kevin f- to drive my dad around?

16. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Thank you again for the worldly insight!

17. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I wouldn't do that to my dad!

18. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  19. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Nice! Hit enter and get a rapid fire triple response!

20. AJUFC

AJUFC Formula Junior

Sep 11, 2005
    Brea OC, Cali
    2 illegitimate children. :D

21. paulvv

paulvv Rookie

Feb 20, 2006
    I have to agree with "SrfCity" and "MCHAS".....

Life is way too short...and time is the most valuable thing we have...

Pick your dad up.......time to assert yourself......."Dad, I decide how I spend my time now".....

Paul (wish I had made more time for my dad when he was still here...)

59 PF coupe inside plug
    60 PF coupe outside plug

and many more projects....

22. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

OK, gotcha. Any hookers good behind the wheel?(if you know what I mean ;) ) He'd appreciate the entrepreneurial spirit and creativity, no?