Canadian Off Topic Thread | Page 159 | FerrariChat

Canadian Off Topic Thread

Discussion in 'Canada' started by stax, May 23, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

1. .

2. .

3. .

4. .

5. .

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Not sure....but definetly from mine! :D

2. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    Guys, i didnt want to start a noob thread for this, but i thought i'd ask here:

Question for a friend:

She bought a new 2006 BMW 325i last year @ a dealership and was told to come back for an oil change after 30,000 kms. Apparently the new BMW's oil change interval's are that far apart?. First time i'm hearing this, Can someone please shed some light as to whether it is true or not?.

Thanx in advance.

* i asked in the elementary questions thread, but didnt get much, sorry for the double post*

3. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I know, that still freaks me out. Most of these BMW and Benz's oil changes last alot longer than before. With the first change well into the teens! I personally think it's a good envorinmentally thinking ;)

Clyde, have her call the service advisor to be sure. Not sure why she wouldnt on a 2006. but as I said, it doesnt sound odd anymore.

4. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I know, that still freaks me out. Most of these BMW and Benz's oil changes last alot longer than before. With the first change well into the teens! I personally think it's a good envoriomentally thinking ;)

Clyde, have her call the service advisor to be sure. Not sure why she wouldnt on a 2006. but as I said, it doesnt sound odd anymore.

5. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    Its true.

My g/f bought a brand new CI and they said the same thing. First change after 20,000km. I believe BMW uses an advanced filtration system, or a special filter which makes it last longer than normal?

I believe MB uses the same technology. German engineering I suppose......

6. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    Thanx guys, she had spoken to the service advisors and thats what they told her. I usually do mine every 3-5K kms, so i thought it was very odd, and she doesnt really know auto's (hence the "its pretty and its a BMW" mentality when she bought it lol)

Thanx again.

7. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    The reality is this.

They only warranty the car up to about 80k anyways....they save buy using synth oil...my new lexus manual says the same thing. My dealer (who is a personal friend and my next door neighbor) says dont. Change it the same you would on any other car 5,000-8,000 kms while using syn. Anything over that, and you got mud in the engine by 120K.
    My 2 lire.

8. Ronald Steinhoff

Sep 17, 2002
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Ronald Steinhoff
  9. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Someone should tell them that the front page needs to be updated and get rid of the ferrari's

As for Gentry Lane it self................Stay away and dont talk to John....He's a dumbass....everything else in your experience there should be perfect ;)

Good people work there !

10. DRS

DRS Rookie

Feb 20, 2007
    For lotus, I would contact www.Weissach.com I know they are in Vancouver, but they are amazing.

11. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Hi Starboy
    You are not far from the mark, as it were. I attended Weston Collegiate in the 1960's. We had a rifle range for .22 rifle. Active rifle team and an Army Cadet corp (Queens York Rangers, 1st American). I regularly made top 50 in Canada.
    How attitudes and reality have changed.

Gerrit

12. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

You have a PM.

13. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    We're not talking about oil changes anymore I take eh Mr. G,? :D

Hey, did you ever get in contact with that dude we spoke about?

14. arshad

arshad Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Arshad
    Stealerships and Mr Lube's are a big ripoff. OF COURSE they are going to advise you to come in for an oil change every 5k like you had to do in the 70's. Engine technology as well as oil formulation has changed a great deal in the past 30 years and most cars are 12k-20k oil intervals these days. That's the manufacturers recommended interval. Dealerships tend to print off their own service schedules which don't match the manufacturers -- typically changing fluids and other maintenance at twice the recommended frequency.

When the service advisor starts giving me crap about the service interval I ask him if he's privy to some special information that the engineers who built the damn car don't have. That usually shuts them up.

15. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    My best friend runs the place along with the owner John who I also know well. You can PM me anytime! I have driven an Elise and there are also a couple of Elise owners on this site. It's an amazing car. Ron, I personally would go for the Exige! :D

Oh and Big_red...that picture is a classic. That is from back in the day when Luigi was alive and kicking selling Ferrari. I love that pic.

16. jeff3825

jeff3825 Karting

Feb 19, 2007
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I have an 06 Elise and love it. Make sure you get a good deal on one because the depreciate quite a bit the first year. I bought a red one and get a ton of looks. Very exotic looking for very little money. Handles like a dream and can keep up with most cars with much bigger engines.

17. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Yes, they are amazing. However, this is Toronto :D. Plus we also have John Scotti in Montreal.

18. gerritv

gerritv Formula 3

Jun 18, 2001
    St Catharines
    Full Name:
    Gerrit
    Hi Vasco
    I'm not on here 7/24 like some so sometimes I am a few posts outside of immediate. I am too busy being unemployed :)

Not sure if my realestate agent contacted him or not, I will find out on June 23.

Gerrit, making new fuseblocks in case I need to drive at night.
    http://dino308gt4.com

19. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    Hehehe it's all good Mr.G. Just remember to use the reply mode so when you're talking about guns to oil changes we will know what you are reffering too LOL ;) *kidding*

Hope all is well.

20. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Hey no problem man, its what I do.

21. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004
    Was that really necessary to post? Like a bad rash, you just keep coming back.

Here's a tip cool guy, just drop it. You messed up. Leave it at that.

22. Dino Martini

Dino Martini F1 Rookie

Dec 21, 2004
    Calgary Alberta
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I'm not going to leave just because you dont like me.

23. brim

brim Guest

Dec 20, 2004

24. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Ok. So i've re-read that link and i'm still clueless. Does anyone know from first hand experience? I heard all you need is 2 forms of ID?

25. starboy444

starboy444 F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2006
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Lucas
    I see you read my commentary on the last page....it was actually a funny response to the fact that we have many, many trouble neighborhoouds in Toronto. (as you may know already). Recent gun killings have turned the city upside down, as many young kids and students have been caught in the shootings and crossifre.

I was being funny (trying!) to say that target practice and a shooting range would be good summer activities for those students, maybe more bullets would hit the "target" instead of innocent people? LOL