AT&T WilliamsF1?? | FerrariChat

AT&T WilliamsF1??

Discussion in 'F1' started by Seth, Jun 5, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    since when has AT&T sponsered williams F1 and also why??? is AT&T even know outside the US?? hadnt noticed until yesterday. anyone have anymore insight on this and what the advantages would be to AT&T? or am i dead wrong and AT&T is known, ive been asking a lot of people over here in the UK and only 1 person knows about it because of the iPhone...

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Doesn't make any sense.

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well let me fill you in....(first wife was OLD AT&T)

The McCaws Ferrari collection came from the money they made selling the wireless to AT&T (note capitol letters)

The SBC, which was split off from the othe Bells by the Feds, grew large enough to gobble up the old AT&T, now making it at&t (note new small letters)

So it's a roll up of equipment (formerly AT&T), cellular systems (old McCaw), and long distance services (former Southwestern Bell Communications)......

Only spinoff Avaya is still out there......

So obviously this HUGE honkin' company has international ambitions ......if I was Vodaphone I'd watch my back! LOL!

And no, I cannot help you with customer service issues........my account with HER is closed......;)

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It's 'small letters" at&t isn't it?????

BIG letters AT&T is gone........merged...rolled up.....rolled over.......management was clueless anyway, paid themselves millions to run the company into the ground.......

5. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Well, their commercials end with a song that goes "all around the world." So I guess they are world wide. :)

6. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Frankly, I would rather they put that sponsorship money to better use...like improving their $%@#$ customer service.

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    See?? I TOLD you that would be the next comment!!! LOL!

I never got good service from HER either......well, two kids to show, but other than THAT......

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1,000

Why is it that of all the companies I talk to over the phone, the phone company is the one that is the hardest to hear? I'm thinking they're doing this on purpose so the customers don't bother calling anymore.

9. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, think about it, if you are calling you are ALREADY a customer!

This is all about MARKETING, getting NEW customers to put on 'hold' endlessly......

You guy s just don't get it.......LOL!

10. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Because you are calling a LONG way, the Call Centers are in India......

11. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Sounds like a good way to turn new customers into former customers...

12. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    at&t just bought the rights to sponsor LeBron James' jock for the NBA Finals. They figure brand recognition will get them farther than good customer service. AT&T got to be the largest communicatioin company by providing the best product now the are trying to ride the name back to the bank. Sounds like TOYOTA over the last 7 or 8 years. Very average product living off of great rep.

Damn I want an iPhone.

13. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well, you know it takes a long time for lost customers to show up in Market Share statistics, always in retrospect......

They simply track NEW numbers, see?

Just called the Ex to see about INdy F1 tickets for EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

She said she was in a conference call and would get back to me on that.....ROTFLMAO!

Don't hold your breath.......

14. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    AT&T had both product (Avaya business systems) and services (long distance)........

15. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    When the stock price tanked they were ripe for a takeover, SBC came along and "saved' them , whatever that looks like.......gobbled them alive more like it......big fish over little fish....

16. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Forget the free tickets. What you really want is a Paddock pass from AT&T for the Williams pit (which of course works for any team). Time to call the flower shop?

17. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    They'd LOVE IT when I showed up in full Ferrari F1 Crew gear, eh????? LOL!

I hear ya, maybe I should catch up on the Child Support, that's the only kind of greenery SHE was ever interested in........even before the split!

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It's at&t..........AT&T is GONE! ROTFLMAO!

You should have seen the sculpture out front of Headquarters, what a bunch of bozos......

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I had once the opportunity to get Williams paddock credentials and with it some shirts etc. While wearing that I went over to visit the Jaguar team (Lauda gave a speech). Eventually some 6 feet tall suits friendly but firmly asked me to leave. :)

20. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Later, they asked Lauda the same thing! LOL!

21. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    haha quite intersting, being from SA where the new headquarters is now seems like every person you meet is at&t related... thought there had to be some one "higher up" who likes F1 and knows enough to fully sponser a team,

tex think your ex- can work on an intership (anything) at williams F1! ha! and some tickets too while your at it lol

22. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Oh I get it..... in the "end".

23. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    AT&T is a customer of mine...and its technically called The New AT&T... and when they merged with Bell South thats when the got really global... ( cingular too ) .... Bell South owns a bunch of Deutche Telekom... and I think a part or Orange and part of Yellopages.... so yea... big honkin company... and with thier economic challenges I doubt if they are getting anyone tickets ... the CEO of The New ATT was just replaced on Sunday...by a finance guy.... ??? anywho hope that helps.

Tom

24. cochise

cochise Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Dempsey Chavis
    ex AT&T (capitol letters) here as well . They are in for about $40 mill this year with Williams. Not sure how long the deal is for .

25. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    are you serious?? i had no clue they paid out that much?? there name is on the back wing too, damn