Okay, whose car..... | FerrariChat

Okay, whose car.....

Discussion in 'New England' started by M.James, Jun 7, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    I don't know who's car it is, but I always drive by that place and wonder if it's any good. They obviously like the marque, do you think they'd give me a discount if I bring the 308? ;)

2. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    That same plaza in Southborough has a Starbucks. When I drive my 360 spider there for my non-fat grande' cappa frappa latte vanilla steamed 'chino mocha boca ratona choca with a shot of coffee, I see Tomasso and think they would do well to pick their slowest night and host an Italian car night on a weekly basis. I have not eaten there, but it looks good. I have heard it is a bit pricey though, but how can you complain when you roll up in a Ferrari.

3. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Oh, I"ve eaten there - best Ital in west-central MA from all the reviews. I visit Panzano Vino Express frequently on saturdays for their free wine-tastings when the cellar runs low (like now...hehehe). But for all I knew, I had the only black 308 in the area....

Anywho, perhaps I'll see if they'll host us for next month and let everyone know. I don't think that will be a problem at all. Its at a VERY good spot, accessible from 495.

4. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    its a great place. Five minutes from work. Great food, service and wine. In fact, I'll be there Tuesday night for a dinner meeting.
    I dont take my F-car as the parking is tight........
    Give it a try.....
    - Ron

5. billh

billh Karting

May 2, 2002
    central mass
    Full Name:
    Bill Henderson
    I have been there for lunch at the trattoria. great panninis (sp?). Also been there for the pasta at the restaurant. as mentioned abit pricey but authentic and quite tasty. I work right down the road so it is convenient.

It would be cool to have an F-car gathering some Sunday.

6. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    I was at Tomasso for lunch today and the pizza was excellent. I mentioned to the owner Tom that he might consider an Italian car night on a slower night and it might attract some good people. I mentioned this site and he indicated he will check it out and look for this thread (I will email him the link.)

There is also a starbucks in the same plaza - maybe a good weekend meeting place for lunch or dinner (aka Beverly Starbucks).

Barry C.

7. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    I would love to have another informal weekend meeting place that's a bit closer. I keep meaning to make it out to Beverly, but it's a bit of a hike for us central MA folks.

8. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    LOL....true! Anywho, I took a good friend to Tomasso's last saturday. Lo and behold, there's a brand-new red 430 Spyder parked along the side. This restaurant is like a Ferrari magnet.....

9. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    those pictures are from the rally the day before the 2005 Tutto Italiano. About 20+ cars cruised around from ktr, ending up at Tomaso for dinner. Ive eaten there a few other times and the food is great, the service good too. Ive gone to school with the owner's daughter since 2nd grade and theyre very nice and passionate about what they do. The owner drives a Z8, although he might have picked something else up in the last couple years.

10. amslb182

amslb182 Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2004
    Ct
    Full Name:
    Andrew LeGrant
    Her name isnt Lauren is it, and is that Z8 silver/redblack?

11. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    yes it is lauren. i thought the Z8 was black, but I dont know if I have ever seen theirs so I may be wrong.

12. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Funny, I was chatting with a guy (Peter B.) with a black 308 at the Ferrari Concorso this past weekend and he gave me a glass of wine. When I asked about the wine, he told me that he gets it from Tomasso in Southboro. He's from Wayland and runs a motorsports marketing company.

Small world, eh?

John

13. Patentman

Patentman Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2004
    Boston/Delray Beach
    Full Name:
    Barry W. Chapin
    Does anyone want to meet at Tomasso one day for lunch or dinner? I am trying to find a 360 with a tubi or other aftermarket exhaust so I can hear the difference from factory. I just removed a Capristo level 2 that was way loud but the factory exhust is very passive.

The owner (Tom) indicated he has a Z8.