Kubica crash photos. | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Kubica crash photos.

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by wetpet, Jun 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SED

SED Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Stockholm
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    #26 SED, Jun 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. cochise

cochise Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Lake Mary, Florida
    Full Name:
    Dempsey Chavis
    Incredible pics from everyone ! If I was there I'm sure I would not have had the presence of mind to let the lens tell the story! The last pic shoes his feet being exposed, absolutely amazing he suffered only minor injuries after such a horric impact. Good job guys, thanks for sharing.

3. DutchDude

DutchDude Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Ruud
    He seems to be holding something in his right hand. Any ideas what this could be?

4. 1FAFP90

1FAFP90 Karting

Dec 13, 2006
    The car sheared off just forward of his feet. I thought the shear point was supposed to be more forward than that. He is one lucky person. He should thank the car's safety designers.

Nice images. I agree the pics should be watermarked.

5. dapper

dapper Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Bristol, UK
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Looks like a remote device of some kind, you can also make out a coiled cable leading toward the item being held in his hand.

Agree with the bull about F1 having some sort of right to control paying publics video. It may be true but its horse@@it. Ecclescake strikes again!

6. kirill

kirill Formula Junior

Jul 8, 2004
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Kirill
    Looks like handle broke of steering wheel

7. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    yup....it's part of the steering wheel...

8. RGigante

RGigante F1 Rookie
    Owner Project Master

Nov 1, 2006
    Portugal
    It seems to be the missing piece of the steering wheel, if you look closely ...

9. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Do these cars have G meters in them, and if so has it been published how many g's the initial wall hit created? It must have been an extremely high number.

10. TopElement

TopElement Formula 3

May 14, 2005
    OC & Vegas
    Full Name:
    A Montoya

Yes, the right side of the steering wheel broke off with the electrical connection.

11. TopElement

TopElement Formula 3

May 14, 2005
    OC & Vegas
    Full Name:
    A Montoya
    Yes, the break off point is supposed to be the wing/tub connection. But with unforseen accidents like this, the car can fail wherever the impact occurs. Considering the impact into the concrete barrier was nearly head on, it's amazing only a small corner of the survival cell was damaged.

12. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    They do, sometimes the TV directors show the in-car view and display a G graphic. The measurements are sureley recorded by the cars datarecording and telemetry system, the question is if they worked during the crash and/or the devices in question have been destroyed

13. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    I'm glad that this kid is ok.

14. dsevo

dsevo Formula Junior

May 7, 2007
    Flower Mound, TX
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    Makes sense. I would just be curious to see what kind of abuse the body can take.

15. mswiek

mswiek Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2004
    The steering wheel stayed in the car throughout the crash. After Kubica was removed from the car, one of the track attendants handed it to another one and was giving the recipient specific instructions as to where to take it. Obviously going back to the BMW folks. The steering wheel was treated very carefully and in a special manner. From where I was sitting the steering wheel looked to be intact when it was handed to the attendant. I was about 75 feet away and looking thorugh 12x binoculars at the whole episode.

16. ferraridude615

ferraridude615 F1 Veteran

May 4, 2006
    Texas
    Great pics of a horrible crash. I thought the car broke apart too easily, all the wheels came bouncing off (which was the reason for Senna's death), his legs were almost ripped off, and his neck was shaken like chocolate milk. Lucky to be alive after that one.

17. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    well, carbonfibre is designed to go apart, to shatter during a crash. so that it doesn't carry any force of the crash to the driver, instead, it shatters and go to pieces.

anyways, i agree with u on the legs part.

18. TopElement

TopElement Formula 3

May 14, 2005
    OC & Vegas
    Full Name:
    A Montoya
    Did you see the crash? There was no chance in the world the car was going to stay together. The car performed as it should. Wheels come off easily, as do wings.

19. nocturne1

nocturne1 Formula 3

Sep 8, 2004
    Foothill Ranch, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay