Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour 2007 | FerrariChat

Hot Rod Magazine Power Tour 2007

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Dadspeed, Jun 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dadspeed

Dadspeed Karting

May 3, 2005
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Hi,

I worked for the promotion company who put on this years HRPT and was wondering if anyone was able to go to the show and what you thought about it. Also I was wondering if anyone saw the cars, we traveled between Cleveland, Kalamazoo, Racine (WI), Springfield (IL), Evansville (IN), Memphis, and Little Rock between last Saturday (6/2) through this past Saturday(6/9). There was a Ferrari Testarossa that tagged along the whole way and was also wondering if he was on here. Let me know and Thanks. If anyone wants to see pictures go to Hot Rod Magazine's website or pick up next month's issue.

2. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Here's my comment straight from Little Rock. Apparently the tour stopped/ended in Little Rock on Friday and Saturday. A friend of mine called me wanting to know if I knew when the tour was open at the Arkansas State Fairgrounds, the final stop. I looked through the local newspaper/magazine and it said the opening time for the public was 4PM on Friday. But for some incredibly odd, bizarre, idiotic reason, the tour was NOT open to the public on Saturday.

What's up with that insanity??? Like 99% of every car buff in central Arkansas, I would have gone out there on Saturday. But if Saturday was a "closed door" session for tour members only,.....forget it.

If the above is true, you sure missed the boat for nearly all of the car guys that I know,...which is a bunch.

What are you guys smoking that would cause you to NOT allow the general public to tour the car show/displays on the very day that 99% of people have the day off,...Saturday.

Sincerely,

Horsefly in Little Rock who slept late on Saturday because I could not have gotten into the show even if I had wasted my time driving across town.

3. Systo

Systo Karting

Feb 15, 2007
    Plano
    Full Name:
    A.J.
    The tour apparently ran through my area (stop off in Gays, Illinois at the two-story out house) and I wish I would've known about it rolling through as do a lot of my friends in nearby Mattoon and Charleston.

Even if it wasn't an official stop, some announcement would've been nice. Maybe I was just oblivious to any that were put out.

4. Dadspeed

Dadspeed Karting

May 3, 2005
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    on Saturday it was only a ceremony for the "Long Haulers" who drove every stop between Cleveland and Little ROck. At 4pm there was a cruise that went along the water downtown. It is open and free to the public at every stop. It was open all day Friday between 12 and 7 pm. It is like that every year. There is usually a cruise at the end of the tour on the second day of the end. At the end there is always two days at the last stop, one for the show and one for the ceremony. Next year we are starting in Little ROck and ending in Madison, WI, so I hope you will find the time to come next year. It will most likely start on a saturday and go for 7 or 8 days driving through the midwest again. I am sorry for the confusion about the Saturday but that would be the fault of the newspaper for not clarifying what was happening on Saturday.