something for my little sister's birthday | FerrariChat

something for my little sister's birthday

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Webby, Jun 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    My little sister's birthday is on Monday June 25th (she's turning 17)... she loves cars nearly as much as I do but the only exotics she has seen were Dave's cars when we went to Indianapolis and she hasn't gotten any rides. So I was hoping we could have a small get together and cruise on her birthday. I'm only looking for 3 or 4 cars, nothing huge (although I won't complain if there are more :D) and I'd like you to meet at my house to make it more of a surprise for her. My plan was to have you come over, then we could go on a cruise (I can plan the route, just make sure 2 of you have empty passenger seats :)), and then come back, eat some cake and go your separate ways, unless somebody else has a better idea. So I know Indy's a long way from here but Rick or DC333, anybody want to come over? And I know I haven't met any of the Dayton people but Rich, Robert, anybody up for it?

2. DC333

DC333 Karting
    BANNED

May 27, 2007
    Fishers
    Full Name:
    you know me......
    you could always bring her her for Sunday :)

Ill take her out and scare the hell outta her :D

3. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    That was my original plan but I can't go on Sunday and she doesn't have her license :(

4. DC333

DC333 Karting
    BANNED

May 27, 2007
    Fishers
    Full Name:
    you know me......
    Greyhound??

5. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue
    Maybe I could do a road trip up north. It'd have to be on Sunday the 24th if it happens. Although the Gallardo is pretty "PG" compared to the ride that DC333 could give her.

6. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    Being 25 days away, I could very well be available to drive up in the Spyder.

However being 25 days away, also means I might be traveling.

I will pencil it in - send me a reminder a week before and I will see if I can get up there.

Rich

7. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Thanks guys! We can move it to the 24th if that'll make it more convenient

8. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue
    Where exactly is this going to take place?

9. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    My house is in Huber Heights, which is about 15-20 minutes north of downtown Dayton ... but I would think you guys would want to meet on your own somewhere and drive over together instead of having you show up one at a time. Her favorite Lambo is the Gallardo, which is perfect and her favorite Ferrari is the 360 (well... F50 but that's not very likely to happen), so I hope Robert or John can come. She's always jealous when I show her pictures of our cruises in Indianapolis so I was hoping I could surprise her with something.

10. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue
    Webby, is one Gallardo sufficient or do would she would like two? If one will do, I'll let Rich be the primary contact - since he's closer (somehow I was still thinking Notre Dame). Plus the spyder will be more a thrill.

Rich, if your schedule changes and you can't make it I'd be happy to make the run over to Dayton.

11. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Just one car would make her really happy, but the more cars the merrier of course. Then again I'd want them all to fit onto our driveway, I don't want too many cars showing up (more than 4 would be too many).

Also, I'd be perfectly fine if she went on a ride by herself while I waited at home, but I'm not sure if my parents would want her to be alone (they were really wary about giving me permission to go down to the Dayton fchat cruises in the past, even though I never actually made it to one, and they're a lot more protective of her since she's the baby of the family). I think 2 or 3 cars would be ideal. I've also sent Robert a pm so we'll see what he says, since the 360 is one of her top 3 cars of all time

12. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue
    OK, the more the merrier. I'll plan on coming over. I need to get a closer look at Rich's spyder anyway.

13. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    I just might be able to make it. My schedule has be crazy the last few months... But I think the end of June I open up a little with less travel.

Let's keep in contact as the next few weeks pass and we can see what we got.

(Closer look - heck you need to drive the spyder ;)

14. switchcars

switchcars Formula 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I have to say....you are one very cool older brother.

15. John Custer

John Custer Karting

Apr 27, 2002
    I can make it, do you want the 360 or lambo?

16. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Awesome! Thank you! I think she would like the 360 better

17. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    sorry to clutter your thread with my post, but i really wanted to say how cool it is for you to do this. none of my family cares about cars, or my passion for them. its so nice you have something to share with someone in your family.

i hope you guys have a great, safe time.

michael

18. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Webby,
    Pretty cool idea, I think the effect on your neighbors will be as interesting as the birthday surprise.

19. John Custer

John Custer Karting

Apr 27, 2002
    Webby,

Call me at 478-0613 or send me a PM with the info.

John

20. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue
    Webby,

Send me an email with the details - address, directions, etc.

21. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE
    Webby, awesome for you to do this!!

22. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    This is coming together better than I had hoped, thanks a lot guys! I sent you both directions and a map.
    So we'll definitely do this on Sunday the 24th not on the 25th, just arrive at my house at noon, or if that's too early we can push it back a little. I'll map out a cruise route so we can drive around for a bit and stop and get some ice cream or something. I'll try to make sure there are no potholes and I'll forward it to everybody when it's ready in case you want to run through and make sure it's ok. Thanks again!

23. doltmo

doltmo Karting

Mar 27, 2006
    Carmel, IN
    Full Name:
    Rick Schue
    Any ideas on where to rendezvous before we get to Webby's house? This is a surprise party, so it would be nice if all the cars arrived at once.

24. roccapalumbo

roccapalumbo Karting

Mar 16, 2004
    ohio
    Full Name:
    robert
    I might be able to make it. To far out to tell just yet, I will have to let you know. However, I sold the 360 while market was strong. I can bring the 328 gts or the 911 turbo S.

25. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    aww I never got to see the Modena :( I would rather see the 328 but my sister does not know much about cars before the late 90s ... I think she would rather see the Turbo. I'll send you and Rich another reminder in about a week when it gets closer.