What's wrong with Kravitz? | FerrariChat

What's wrong with Kravitz?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by tifosi12, Jun 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    While in Indy for the USGP I picked up a local newspaper (Sunday morning) in which there was an article from a guy named Kravitz. He seems to totally hate F1, Bernie and think the best thing that could happen to Indy was to loose F1 for good.

It was interesting since another article in the business section points out that economic sense basically dictates an agreement between Tony and Bernie. $ 150 million are coming into the city and it would be a real loss not to have F1 anymore.

So anybody knows what's eating Kravitz? Did Bernie not let him into his F1 sandbox and he is holding a grunge? Just curious.

2. Dadspeed

Dadspeed Karting

May 3, 2005
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    Nick
    Bob Kravitz is a ****ing dick... Fair weather sports writer. Hated the Pacer's until they started doing well, didn't say a good thing about the Colts until they started winning a lot, didn't like Bob Knight from IU the list goes on and on, I just don't read what he writes because it is all stupid

3. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thank you. That pretty much confirms my thoughts when I read his column. I'm stunned that an Indy newspaper lets one of their own write such a hate tirade against such a tremendous cash cow as F1 is.

Of course Bernie's posturing is annoying, but it is just that: Posturing before the negotiations. Kravitz argued like every F1 fan in town basically pisses on the town and takes a dump in everybody's living room.

4. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Kravits needs to leave the motorsports writing to Curt Calvin, our local writer who is also an Autoweek contributor. Dadspeed has him pegged. Please accept my appology for the fond welcome you recd from BK. I'm one Hoosier (like most) who was glad you all came to town.

5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks, that's very kind.

My wife and I had (as always) a great time in your great city and easily spent a grant over the weekend. At no point did we not feel welcome and then it is odd to read in the local newspaper that somebody thinks we better should all just leave. If he hates Bernie, I can understand that. But don't send all of F1 and its fans packing.

Anyhow, here's hoping to Bernie and George finding another agreement and us coming back in 08!

6. ferrarilou

ferrarilou Formula Junior

Apr 13, 2004
    US
    Full Name:
    Lou Menditto
    I've been making the journey from NC to Indy an annual event. My daughter and I really enjoy coming over to watch the USGP. The raceway as well as the town seem to do a great job of hosting the event. Thanks for having us.