new gt3 today | FerrariChat

new gt3 today

Discussion in 'Porsche' started by 95spiderman, Jun 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    just took delivery of white gt3 that i ordered year and half ago.

biggest difference from old 348 spider is power steering. that and ease of entry/exit makes car so much easier to use every day. have to watch out for low spoiler same way. ride in normal setting is comparable with much less low speed understeer. cup tires probably figure in to that though. sound is suprisingly good but not quite ferrari. build quality is from another century but then again 348 was from another century.

manual says 2000 mi under 5k rpm so will have to wait while till i can compare performance.

i will post pix after i personalize it a bit next week. also have tale to tell about how underhanded even high end car dealers can be.

2. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Congrats on the GT3. Looking forward to some pics.

3. kaisen

kaisen Karting

Nov 15, 2005
    Minneapolis
    I'd love to hear and see more. Worth the wait!

4. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Look forward to seeing and hearing more...white works very well on the GT3. It highlites all the black bits much better than on a black GT3. Tough job; that break-in period! Enjoy the 21st century.
    CH

5. Razzer92

Razzer92 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2006
    Congrats, white looks awsome on a GT3

6. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    agree completely. thats why i want to paint wheels, rear spoiler blade, and mirrors black then tint windows.

7. Adrift

Adrift Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Dallas area
    Congrats! Awesome choice. If you can even compare a 348 to a new GT3 in terms of performance, then Porsche blew it big time. This car should be in an entirely different league.

Time and progress wait for no man (or car).

8. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

It is.

9. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    it is. dont forget that im only using about 40% of cars capabilities until its broken in and i get used to it

10. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    #10 95spiderman, Jun 20, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    what do you think about black wheels, mirrors, rear wing blade with tinted windows for exterior. im pretty sure i want to do these

for interior white for the door handles instead of the silver, white for trim around air con ducts? not so sure about these.

12. Adrift

Adrift Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2004
    Dallas area
    love it, man. you have the car i want most right now, with the possible exception of an orange/black RS version.

sweet. black wheels for sure.

13. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I like the white wing and mirrors but definitely tint at ~20%. Red "Carrera" sticker with the stripe down the sides. Red wheels, or white.

For the interior, carbon fiber and white painted sounds good.

14. 250californiafan

250californiafan Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 26, 2006
    Shawnee, KS
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Sounds like that would fit in perfectly along with some carbon fiber interior parts.
    I applaud you for not loading up the car with options like nav, heated seats, and other things that do not belong in the GT3.

15. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    Beautifull GT3, congrats!

16. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Pictures look great, thanks. I like the nice subtle touches like the red faces for gauges and Guards Red seatbelts. Black CF mirrors would be nice but I am personally not a fan of black wheels. Saw a black GT3 with factory black wheels and it was too much. Also saw a white GT3 with factory white wheels and even the front spoiler lip done in white. That monochromatic look is sort of AMG 80's.
    I have seen the chrome strip above the glove box factory painted the exterior color of the car on a GT2 among others. Black wheels seem to get lost in the wheel wells. Stock looks good but thats just me. The rear deck with the GT3/RS wing attached would really have people guessing on a narrow body car! The Euro Porsche factory sport seats would be the finishing touch. Not hard to match black seats either for the interior. Miles of smiles as they say...
    CH

17. 90koenigTR

90koenigTR Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2004
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    I. P. Freely
  18. darkalley

darkalley Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2004
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Car looks great. I have seen a few around me and ever single one has huge scuffs on the front spoiler... guess that's the price of performance.

19. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    One of the better interior mods you could do is very simple and free. It's about 6'1", brown hair, brown eyes, fits perfectly in the driver's seat... you can find it in Charlotte, NC... ;)

20. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Please dont put white inserts in the interior. PLEASE. The car is perfect as is. The tint would look nice but the car is so clean and nice that it would be a shame to push it over the edge in the name of customization. Black wheels look like ass most of the time b/c they attract dirt and grime like nothing else. Carbon mirrors would look sweeeet. Kudos on a beautiful car.

21. 95spiderman

Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    everyone seems to be against more white on interior. i still like the idea but probably will pass since its not easy to match up the plastic.

have appt for monday to do wheels, mirrors, spoiler and windows.

ps i had black rims on ferrari and they were easiest to maintain! hoping for same here

22. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    I can't wait til we get a few years older and you start buying/modifying cars. You will have some great looking creations.

23. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Congrats on the gorgeous Porsche!