What's the highest speed you have ever been in your Ferrari? | Page 24 | FerrariChat

What's the highest speed you have ever been in your Ferrari?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mesoscale, Feb 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    Be careful out there......

Former Viper owner snakebitten
    Car goes to DARE after driver does 127 mph in 35 zone

June 19, 2007
    By JANET LUNDQUIST The Herald News

PLAINFIELD -- A Naperville man learned a hard lesson about speeding when his prized sports car was seized by authorities who clocked him traveling 127 mph in a 35 mph zone.

The lead-footed motorist's dangerous stunt came to light recently when Plainfield police unveiled their new DARE car - a 2000 Dodge Viper.

http://www.suburbanchicagonews.com/napervillesun/news/433482,6_1_NA19_DARE_S1.article

2. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.

Well at least cops can now drive a viper.. since they couldn't afford one on their salary..

pathetic.. ticket the guy or arrest him, but take his car? and the values are way off, a 2000 viper is at least 45-55k market value depending on condition..

3. Crallscars

Crallscars F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2006
    Bainbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Crall
    According to the story is was a low milage Viper, and in near perfect condition, should have been worth top dollar. I work for the media, our news people today don't care about correct facts, just that they get to break the story first.

When was the last time you saw a correction on the front page or at the beginning of a news cast?

4. MamoVaka

MamoVaka Formula 3

Jul 31, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Pano S.
    right a 2000 with only 17k miles is worth 50k at least..

****ers stole this guys rare expensive car..

sure he was speeding but come on, that is straight up theft.. you don't sold one wrong with another..

What you should do is ticket or JAIL time.. not take someone's expensive property.

5. zorzos

zorzos Karting

Aug 6, 2004
    Greece
    208 ( 333 km ) in my murcie

6. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa
    was in friends 360 modena had it showing 199mph on clock 6th gear rev limiter bouncing ..... flat out wouldnt go any faster. So realistically thats 185-190 ???

170mph my 348 spider
    180mph in my 355 spider
    165mph so far in 360 spider

7. Crallscars

Crallscars F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2006
    Bainbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Crall
    199, it's probably fast enough to get a real big ticket in Virginia. Has anyone else seen the new revenue making ticket prices there? they went into effect July 1. I hear there at 3 pages of them

VA asses you an additional $1055 to the ticket when you are caught driving 20 over the limit, and you pay a $ amount to the state annually until the points are off your record. Not to worry though, they will take payments on the fines.

8. spiderscott

spiderscott Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2004
    Ratarossa HQ UK
    Full Name:
    Ratarossa
    Actually if we had got caught here in the UK doing that kind of speed it would have been the fastest clocked by police and would have done some jail time along with a lengthly ban and hefty fine.

9. Crallscars

Crallscars F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2006
    Bainbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Crall
    Handled very much the same here in the states

10. ferraritechbrian

Jul 5, 2007
    boss took me on a little spin. 157 f50 during a ferrari challenge event

11. Crallscars

Crallscars F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2006
    Bainbridge, GA
    Full Name:
    Douglas Crall
    I like your boss, he need any more help?

12. FastFashion

FastFashion Rookie

Jul 5, 2007
    New York
    Full Name:
    Joey
    I've hit about 147 in my 325ci.

After I get the supercharger installed I'm hoping to get it around 150-160.