Slow Window Lift Solution Mondial and... | FerrariChat

Slow Window Lift Solution Mondial and...

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by mario308, Jun 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mario308

mario308 Karting

May 15, 2001
    UK
    Hi, Does anyone have the circuit diagram from mike tarrant's (Miketarrant) excellent article on Mondial slow windows I've found the thread from the old ferrarichat but the diagram is gone... Thread date was August 11, 2001.

It showed some extra relays fitted to the window motor wiring to speed up the slow windows by getting enough volts/amps to the motors.

Old thread = http://70.85.40.84/~ferrari/discus/messages/256120/2175.html

Cheers,

Mario.

2. stevegtsi

stevegtsi Formula Junior

Feb 21, 2004
    someone once suggested using silicone spray in the felt channels. my 308 driver window would never work correctly-it is as smooth as glass now after a dose of silicone. try that first, in my opinion. steve

3. dakharris

dakharris Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2001
    Sleepy Hollow
    Full Name:
    Cavaliere Senzatesta
    I remember that diagram, but do not have it, either. I stongly suggest that cleaning off the caked on dried out grease from the pulleys and channels will have a huge impact on your window mechanisms.

4. Artvonne

Artvonne F1 Veteran

Oct 29, 2004
    NWA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You should have a wiring diagram in the back of your owners manual. Regardless, its very simple. But after having my door apart, I found the greatest issue isnt so much the grease in the gears (the motor is really geared down low) but the dried up pulley grease, bad switch contacts, and the ground connection.

Two of my cable pulleys didnt even turn because of dried up grease, the cable simply slid right over them. I am not sure on the Mondial, but the 308 uses the rusty door hinges for the ground connection. The thing is, it ALL needs attention. Once your in there, just do everything.

5. mario308

mario308 Karting

May 15, 2001
    UK
    I've had the grease replaced about 2-3 years ago and they work fairly slowly but I know the relay / wiring trick would be a bonus just thought one of you guys would have a copy of the document.

Cheers,

Mario.

6. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Dittos on silicone spray on the window channels and felts!

7. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    You can buy the relays & wiring already put together nicely from www.ferrariwindows.com -- he's an FChatter...