Ferrari's 60th Anniversary | FerrariChat

Ferrari's 60th Anniversary

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Black355, Jun 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    #1 Black355, Jun 24, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Wednesday night, I hopped on a plane to head to Maranello for Ferrari's 60th Anniversary. Yesterday, was the big day.

A few thousand cars and customers from all over the world started arriving at Fiorano around 9:00am. I've never seen so many cars in one place... to say nothing of the fact that they were Ferraris. Anything and everything was present. It was pretty intense.

For the most part, there were TONS of vintage cars here. Tons. I don't even know what half of them were. But they were stunning. We got a close-up look at 1 of the 60th anniversary 612s as well as the F430 powered boat -- which was cool. I met a bunch of really cool collectors from around the world. Lots from the UK, the Middle East, South Africa, Australia, Japan, and even New York.

After lunch, around 2:00pm, Luca di Montezemolo and Niki Lauda hit the track in the 360 Barchetta. Welcomed everybody to the event. Then, Kimi Raikkonen and Felippe Massa rolled in with the 60th Anniversary Relay Baton (File Photo) followed by cars from Relays all around the world. Then, the concours cars did some parade laps... then there was an F1 parade with cars from all different eras from the Alfa Romeo P3 to the F2007 car.

It was pretty amazing to see all these vintage Formula1 cars in 1 place running on the track. Felippe Massa did a few laps in the Alfa Romeo P3. Even threw a few donuts. Yes, donuts in the Alfa Romeo P3. (Look it up) My favorite, though, was Nikki Lauda driving his 1975 912 T. The car he won in. First time he was in that car at Fiorano since. Really killer stuff.

Only down side was that I waited too long to hit the Ferrari Store. By the time I got there around 5p, the place was stripped bare. :-( Oh, and it was HOT as hell. It was like Africa hot. Tarzan couldn't take that kind of hot.

The ride back to Bologna was surprisingly fast. Coming back Friday night took 2 hours. Coming back Saturday took about 50 minutes. :) FNA arranged a dinner at Bitole in Bologna, which is a relatively well known spot. They were so excited to have Ferrari at the restuarant. It was an amazing night.

Thanks to Lorenzo and Allesandra from FNA for making Saturday such a killer day.

A few pics... including a few from the FNA press site. Guess which ones they are? :)

More pics on my Flicker
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. G-Gore

G-Gore Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2004
    Lyndhurst, NJ
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    Wow... Son of the... Ferrari... doing piece for FLD too?

3. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH for your album !!!

Very cool pics !!!

4. Jeff348

Jeff348 Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2005
    S.I.New York
    Full Name:
    jeff spezzano
    Wow Great pics!!!. I wouldn't have known were to look.I know this is an anniversary year but do they have something every year?You probably need an invite right.Must have been unbelievable to see all that in one place.Thanks again

5. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Just incredible. What an experiance it must have been! Thanks alot Emil for sharing the pictures!

6. jhsalah

jhsalah Formula 3

Apr 10, 2006
    Philadelphia, PA
    Full Name:
    Jawad
    Great experience. Thanks for sharing Emil.

(My uncle, a surgeon who trained in Austria, used to know Nikki Lauda... He got to drive his (Nikki's) car around the track once, decades ago...Random fact...)

Cheers,
    J.

7. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    No, they do not do this every year... and Yes, you need an invitation. :)

8. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Wholly Molly! What an incredible sea of Ferrari! That's an incredible shot of around the track! Frame it & post it in the GDC showroom!

9. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    sweet Emil. Looks like a blast! Also as an added bonus you are now probably in the Guinness book of world records for the largest fire in the history of mankind. With all those Ferrari's how could you not?!? :D

10. Dai Baracca

Dai Baracca Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2007
    NY
    Full Name:
    SB
    Those pictures are stunning!!!...Outside of the Vatican...there is no more Hallowed ground!...Every year I go back to Italy I make the pilgrimage to Maranello...not to far from our home...what a special trip you made!!!
    I ownder what the next 60 years will bring!!
    Regards
    S

11. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Great pictures. Sounds like it was a blast!! Thank you for sharing.

12. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
    Those guys in Italy sure know how to throw a party, eh?

13. tonykart125

tonykart125 Rookie

Jun 20, 2007
    Jersey
    too much fun.

14. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Killer shots Emil! Must have been an amazing, epic event! Probably put to shame our little run to DC a few months ago, and even that was stellar...

15. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    1358 cars as part of the event. Another 800 outside the gates.

Only 1 white one. :)

16. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Great shots Emil. The one with Michael and Jean Alesi is special.