Paging AndyMo, Paging AndyMo... | FerrariChat

Paging AndyMo, Paging AndyMo...

Discussion in 'Florida' started by DiMisa1977, Jul 9, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DiMisa1977

DiMisa1977 Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2005
    #1 DiMisa1977, Jul 9, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Andy, have a question for you regarding the paint you used on your OEM wheels. Is it flat black paint, or did you powder coat the wheels?

I am painting mine and I have been told a flat black paint is not durable enough and a powder coat would be better...

Please shed some Andy Light on me, thanks...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Maranello Racing Cars

Maranello Racing Cars Formula Junior

Jul 13, 2006
    Miami, FL
    Full Name:
    Wil
    #2 Maranello Racing Cars, Jul 9, 2007
  3. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    I think Andy's wheels are painted. And, they do look awesome!!! The black wheels make his silver calipers jump out a bit more, especially when he's driving.

JP, the flat black really looks racing-car tough........... Before you jump, perhaps Andy would be willing to let you put them on your car to see how you like it.

I thought that powder coating an aluminum wheel isn't such a good idea since they need to heat the wheel quite a bit in order to get the powder coating on, and such heat isn't good for the aluminum wheel.

4. M Roadster

M Roadster Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2006
    Deerfield Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Michael
    To avoid over heating your wheels on a powder coating you can do a electrostatic fluid bed coating. They don't even need to preheat anything to do this.

If they can do a convection or infrared curing oven to cure it then you would be in great shape!

Avoid anodizing wheels.

my $1.33

:)

.m

5. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.

Do you realize that your $1.33 was your 133rd post :) coincident or ....aliens :D

6. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    JP I painted a lot of wheels and if it was done properly you should not have any problems with the paint.
    I would not necessarily put Magnesium wheels under heat conditions like powder coating. Alloy should not be a huge issue though.
    If you are thinking of doing the stocks wheels like Andy has them, go and paint them. Luc can help you for sure. He just did Bill's 360 Challenge rims.
    If you need his number email me [email protected]

If you do flat black do them in satin finish not flat-flat black. You want to be able to wipe them down easily.

7. DiMisa1977

Apr 11, 2005
    Thanks for the good advice guys Turbax in Miami who fred refered me to does pick upvand drop off from Miami which i love I kay speak with him first

8. ILuv4Res

ILuv4Res F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 8, 2002
    Full Name:
    Fred
    If you really want flat black, you could just stop cleaning them.............

9. BT

BT F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 21, 2005
    FL / GA
    Full Name:
    Bill Tracy
    Would you recommend switching to a vintage 1987 BMW compound brake pad also? I think the new Ford Expedition brakes also use that uniform, heavy coating compound.
    :D
    BT

10. DiMisa1977

Apr 11, 2005
    they are at paint shop now, gonna go with a flat black most likely a satin finish.

will post pics when complete

11. DiMisa1977

Apr 11, 2005
    still paging mr. andy les, mr. andy les, please report to the customer service counter. thank you/

12. DiMisa1977

Apr 11, 2005
    andy since you couldn't email me, call me, text me, reply to my post, tell robert, smoke signal me, etc. I have opted to post pics so you can see the end result. :)

13. DiMisa1977

Apr 11, 2005
    #13 DiMisa1977, Jul 19, 2007
  14. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Real Estate market must be slow. You sold the "spinners" and simply painted the stock wheels.....damn....:)

They look good. Hope Bill posts his new 360Challenge wheels that he had painted by Luc in Ferrari dark gray. Saw them yesterday and they looked AWESOME!

15. DiMisa1977

Apr 11, 2005
    marty: you sound like robert, verbatim with all that slow real estate market bullsheeet! :)

really, i just get bored easy...plus the car was a little darty with the 355's in the back. it always rode nice on stocks, even lowered. :) new look, black is back. just ask andy...or yeay, he doesn't respond!

16. Stephanie

Stephanie F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2006
    The Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Stephanie
    They look great... any pics of them on the car?

17. Cavallino Motors

Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Andy works.....he is not in real estate :)