348 bent valves | FerrariChat

348 bent valves

Discussion in '348/355' started by naag123, Jul 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. naag123

naag123 Rookie

Aug 8, 2005
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Alex
    So, recently I had my baby serviced and within a month or so, while driving 30mph the car decressed in power and eventually stalled. It certainly sounded like no compression when I attempted to try it again but by then it was too late. I had it brought in to my mechanic and after dropping the engine, we found that the ring on one of the cam gears came off and found its way to the bottom of the timing cover. Then I guess it jumped timing. From what I am learning this has happened before to others. Anyway, I need some valves, etc. any thoughts, ideas, sympathy?

al

2. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap
    Sorry about the bad luck mate, never heard of that before but you never know, anythings possible. Did any of your piston skirts crack? or haven't you removed the heads yet?

Thanks for the heads up, when I service my engine I'll have a good look at my cam ;)

3. nunojcmaia

nunojcmaia Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2004
    porto - portugal
    Full Name:
    nuno maia
    Sorry about that! The same hapens to a friend of mine.

Have you changed the cambelts?
    your mechanic has experience in Ferrari repair?

4. naag123

naag123 Rookie

Aug 8, 2005
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Alex
    no didnt get them off yet. I will keep you posted. Perhaps i will post few pics

5. naag123

naag123 Rookie

Aug 8, 2005
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Alex
    yes, that is why I originally had the engine out, did the service and all. As far as the mechanic, yes, very experienced with Frerrari's. He said when he called for the gear, they said they had 36 on hand. When he asked why so many, they said they have been known to fail (so he says)