Pirelli PZero Corsa | FerrariChat

Pirelli PZero Corsa

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Carbonrider, Jul 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Carbonrider

Carbonrider Karting

Aug 9, 2005
    Harpenden, Herts
    Full Name:
    The Mad Professor
    My 575, being of the GTC flavour, requires PZero Corsa tyres - 255/35/19 and 305/30/19.

I have been trying to source these for the last 3 or 4 month's but there are no front tyres anywhere in Europe apparently. In fact, from various discussions in the UK, something seem to be wrong with Pirelli in general.

I am looking for a US dealer that will have these in stock and will be willing to ship them across the pond... and suggestion will be welcomed

2. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Perhaps you can try Michelin etc? There are quite a few other semi-slicks out there that are as good.

3. Carbonrider

Carbonrider Karting

Aug 9, 2005
    Harpenden, Herts
    Full Name:
    The Mad Professor
    Michelin is an option but they do not do the exact front size - they have 265/35/19 if memory serves.

What other semi slicks there are out there? The only other thing I found in 19" is the Toyo R888 but they only cone at 235/35 and 295/30

In fact, If the saga with Pirelli continues i might go down to 18" where there is a good selection of trackday tyres...

4. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Whatever you find that works, immediately buy a second set. For you may never be able to again until the second production run sets up and that can be years...

5. dsd

dsd F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    Its getting hard to find matching sets for 19" 575's in the US (any brand).

So 2 sets may be a good idea.

Best,
    dsd

6. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Try these guys...http://www.tirerack.com/

7. Harmonyautosport

Harmonyautosport Formula Junior

Apr 28, 2006
    New York
    I just spoke to Pirelli and even though they are still active part numbers they do no have any in stock. There is a heavy back order on the corsa tires.

Pirelli does make the nero in your sizes, or you can try a michelin PS2.

8. Johnny Prezemullo

Apr 24, 2006
    I will pick up a set of the Pirellis you are loooking for on Monday at Modena after I found the set on my 575 with production faults.
    I am pretty confident that the Ferrari dealer I will get the tyres from will find you a set as well.

So far there was no problem to get the tyres exchanged if the old ones were worn out however it is not acceptable that outside of the "Ferrari home" in Italy they are so hard to get even in Switzerland and Germany.

9. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    I am the miracle worker here. I can get you the tires within a few weeks but the cost is not cheap. Most of the cost is just shipping. We just shipped tires to England for $335 each tire and lost money.

Front tires are $499/ea and rears are $675/ea plus $375/ea for shipping. Definately not cheap but if you need them we can get them.

10. Carbonrider

Carbonrider Karting

Aug 9, 2005
    Harpenden, Herts
    Full Name:
    The Mad Professor
    I only need the front tyres... are you saying that two front + shipment is (499+375)*2 = $1,748? That's £860 in olde money at the currently very favourable exchange rates

If this is the case I need to think it carefully; even in the expensive UK two front tyres would have been about £500.

11. basher

basher Karting

Jan 19, 2004
    Full Name:
    Fraser B
    I used Jason to get me tyres for mine as i am sick adn tired of waiting for Pirelli to pull their finger out of their arse..... yes it was expensive but so is the opurtunity cost of having a car sit around for 4 months with no tyres

Personally I recommend him highly

12. Carbonrider

Carbonrider Karting

Aug 9, 2005
    Harpenden, Herts
    Full Name:
    The Mad Professor
    hahaha... I guessed you were then end client following our mutual rant on CS

My situation is that I have similarly given up on Pirelli. I have now put Toyo R888 as a temporary measure – they are good tyres but sizes at 19” are very limited so I am running 10mm less on the rear and 20mm less in the front then the standard width

But it means I have some breating space waiting for Pirelli. Not allot – I will be in Donington later this month and might end up needing new tyres again :)

I have to say that I am even considering buying 18” wheels instead of the 19”. This is gives me whole lots more section – I can then put 335/30/18 rear and 285/30/18 front and use either R888 or my favourite Kumho v70 (k9a or k6a compound). The rear might float slightly more due to the higher sidewalls but grip is going to be immense

Problem is – I cannot find 18” wheels with 10.5 and 12.5” width :(

13. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    I know it is expensive and if there is anybody making any money on these at this price it sure isn't me. I just want to be able to get the word out that I can get things that are hard to find. Let me know if I can help you out. Thanks.

14. Carbonrider

Carbonrider Karting

Aug 9, 2005
    Harpenden, Herts
    Full Name:
    The Mad Professor
    Don't get me wrong Jason; I was not insinuating you are making lots of money. In fact , your prices are very reasonable but the shipping what tips the scale. However tyres are consumable and something I need once if not twice a year. And I am not sure I can rely on miracle workers for something like that even if you never run out of miracles.

As I was able to source a set of Toyo R888, albeit at slight wrong size, I have breathing space to think my options carefully i.e. stay with 19" and remain dependent on Pirelli's whims or go down to 18" where there is a good selection of sticky rubber to choose from

15. Exotica Motorsports

Nov 1, 2003
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Jason Godsil
    I completely understand. I was shocked at what Basher's shipping was. My supplier lost a few hundred in order to give me a few bucks to do the deal all because of how rediculous the shipping was. When you figure out what you want to do let me know. I could get you great wheels from IForged in 18" but shipping is going to be the issue again. If you want to take a look at them, go to www.IForged.com and pick out a style you like. I will photoshop them on your car so you can see what they look like and give you a deal on a set. Just a thought.

16. Carbonrider

Carbonrider Karting

Aug 9, 2005
    Harpenden, Herts
    Full Name:
    The Mad Professor
    Just checked again Michelin Pilot Sport Cup. They do come in 265/30/19 (not 265/35 which would have been too big) which is almost within tolerance (2.9 smaller radius) and exact same size rears albeit with N0 (Porsche) designation. Speaking to the GT3 guys on a Porsche forums it seems that the N0 means tested by Porsche and not much else.

The general consensus is that the Cup will have more dry grip, are worse then the Corsa in standing water and have slightly less stiff side walls so I should expect marginal improvement in comfort and similar reduction in steering precision.

Will be interesting to try albeit at cost