Is the UK under attack? | FerrariChat

Is the UK under attack?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Fan512bbi, Jun 30, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    First the three bombs in London and now an attack on an airport in Scotland, you guys in London be safe and keep your eyes open :(

2. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    What with yesterday's reports and all, you boys were already on my mind all damn day; then while on break for a moment - caught news of the Glasgow terminal being hit by 4X4. Hope those good citizens who took the perps down get their proper reward, and the perps, a taste of their own poison.

3. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I agree 100% Thomas mate.

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    3 bombs in london ? I thought itwas 2 ?

5. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    Why save the stupid **** that was on fire fighting everybody should off let him burn to death he is now costing taxpayers money to keep him alive then a court case then some do-gooder will try and get him released should burn the do-gooders also

6. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    I suppose by saving him they might be able to extract information from him.

I must admit it did seem a bit amaturist. Normally when they do terrorist plots a lot of thought goes into it. Unless it ignited by accident prior to driving into the airport.

7. Mark 308 gt4

Mark 308 gt4 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2006
    West London
    Full Name:
    Mark Taviner
    Just a little worried that all these little things are decoys for something big.
    As in using up the police resorses on small stuff, leaving them wide open!!

Mark

8. Roughneck

Roughneck Karting

Aug 2, 2005
    Isn't that what they want and believe in (as in dying doing something like this)?
    So by him been kept alive is the worst that can happen in this guys own eyes as he is a failure?

Might be talking BS but i am sure i heard thats how it works...

9. racespecferrari

racespecferrari F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2006
    Suffolk, Uk
    Full Name:
    Pete.G By The Sea
    I hate to say it but that was one of the first things that went through my mind. Especially when they said that silver Merc was seen crashing into bins before it stopped. It seemed like they wanted it to be found.

10. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    2 big sporting events in uk next weekend - wimbledon finals and british grand prix.
    both of which unfortunately would likely make tempting targets for these scum. :(

on the other hand it could simply be that due to our change of prime minister this week they simply want to remind everyone that they are still out there uncaught and obviously unobserved.

11. Mark 308 gt4

Mark 308 gt4 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2006
    West London
    Full Name:
    Mark Taviner
    on the other hand it could simply be that due to our change of prime minister this week they simply want to remind everyone that they are still out there uncaught and obviously unobserved.[/QUOTE]

If that is so, then lets just hope its the end of it.

12. domeden

domeden Rookie

Oct 31, 2005
    England
    Full Name:
    Dom Eden
    If we are truly under attack, I can't say I'm worried!! The terrorists appear pretty incompetent by any measure...just like the July 21 bombers. Couldn't get the explosives to detonate; couldn't even crash into an airport properly!! :rolleyes:

13. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Left Glasgow this morning. The airport was ok, just a change of route for entry etc. Once inside, you could smell the smoke straight away but really my domestic flight to Heathrow was without a hitch, infact it was quicker than ever to get through customs.

The delay for me was an hour for my bag to come out the other end :(

As for Saturdays events, I was floored in bed all day so didnt really see much even though its less than 10 minutes away.

These b4stards thankfully have been unsuccessful in carrying out there plans in the last week. I commend the public and forces who helped in making the matters better, especially those who got their flying kicks and hooks into the bombers in glasgow before they were taken away by the police.

Unfortunately, its only a matter of time however the UK will stand defiant as always and carry on as usual no matter what happens.

What can i say about these people apart from i hope they rot in hell.

14. KnobbySP1

KnobbySP1 Karting

Mar 12, 2004
    Leeds, England
    Full Name:
    Ian Thomason
    Gas canisters strapped with nails and bits of metal - trying to mame and kill the public.

Should keep them alive - extract information with heavy drugs and then put them in a square and put them back on fire...

15. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    That's a bit cruel.

16. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    But fair.

17. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    The UK is the most tolerant country on the planet - all are welcome on this tiny island. Why are hardline cells blowing up the very people which provides them with food & shelter ?

18. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Because the UK & US...

- have been responsible for the deaths of nearly 1 million Iraqies since 1991.
    - have invaded Afghanistan and killed countless people
    - Then there's Palenstine..........

You can understand why the Arabs are a little peeved.

I am of course in no way condoning the actions of these criminals who are placing bombs.

19. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    They are not arabs.

The individuals who have been found to be carrying out or convicted of such attacks have always been pakistanis or other countries (Islamic african origin or syrian etc etc etc) but VERY VERY RARELY iraqi or afghanistani.......how do you explain that?? I think the doc caught today was one of few (generally they are always pakis)

I think you'll find alot of these guys have been brought up, educated and worked (in the rare case, as most claim benefit) in the UK, and then they go and do something like this??

I think we need to look at where these guys are taught this and supplied with info/materials...Finsbury Park as already been closed, the police should take a closer look IMO

20. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    imho they deserve something like the snapping limb machine in saw 3.

21. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I found these articles very interesting:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/terrorism/story/0,,2117530,00.html

"Muslim Council of Britain declares 'condemnation is not enough"

http://commentisfree.guardian.co.uk/asim_siddiqui/2007/07/not_in_our_name.html

"Not in our name
    Blaming UK foreign policy is not the answer. Where are the Muslim marches in revulsion against acts of terror in Islam's name?"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/opinion/main.jhtml?xml=/opinion/2007/07/03/do0302.xml

"'Islamist' is the word for these terrorists"

Maybe there is some cause for hope. Maybe the good people are finally realizing that dealing with Islamists with a nod and a wink will get everyone killed.

22. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    I too have a hard time dealing with the 'lets get him better' brigade, he set himself on fire so let him burn. Full marks to the Scottish guy who decked him, hope he does not get charged with assault! (I'm sort of serious here as it would not be a surprise to me if some leftie do gooder actually said 'the injured man should sue the guy who decked him')

I also cannot for the life of me understand why Rushdie was knighted...for what? writing a book that really p*ssed off Muslims or divorcing a bird too good for him in the first place. What tw*t thought that one up beleiving (probably a leftie loony again) that by knighting him it would not provoke a strong reaction.

Add to that the appoinment of Blair to the middle east, just to add fuel to the flames.

What someone in the UK Goverment needs to learn is a balance.

The UK is not alone. Different subject but the underlying rational holds. Here in NZ a guy armed with a machete holds up a gun shop, he actually lunges for the owner who drops him with a pistol shot to the gut. Then the owner tends the wound whilst the cops arrive. Owner gets charged (now dropped) and the villan is claiming compensation....ye Gods what are we doing? Oh yes, the same gun shop got hit again this week, the villan actually asked to be shot!!!!!

I am sooo glad to be here!!!

23. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    #23 steve f, Jul 13, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  24. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa