Get together at Rodney's place in Milwaukee - PICTURES | FerrariChat

Get together at Rodney's place in Milwaukee - PICTURES

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Mera, Feb 27, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    Looking to set a date for my get together in the Milwaukee area this summer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking for any suggestions on a date. The dates available seem to be August 5th or August 26th and Sept. 16th. I vote for August 26th or Sept 16th. August 12 is Road America, August 19th is Pebble Beach and Sept 2nd is Labor Day weekend. Sept. 16th is getting more into the rainy season again. I would like to have it on August 26th. Any objections?

Original topic:

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=137935

I have talked to the FOC and they're on board.

<parts deleted>

-----------------------------------

I will supply food and soft drinks, water etc.

I would like to nail down the date so it can be posted in the FOC and other places.

Rodney Dickman
    1990 348 TS

2. Jeff328

Jeff328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2006
    WI
    August 26th is the Masterpiece Concours D’Elegance at the Milwaukee Lakefront. http://www.milwaukeemasterpiece.com/index.htm

It looks like August 5th has no other events scheduled for that day.

September 16 looks like there will be a street rod show that I will attend with my '67 Pontiac GTO.

In any case, I would come to your house on either the 5th or the 26th, with Sept. 16th a distant 3rd possibility.

3. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    <parts deleted>

It looks like August 26 is the day. Looks like I may have a large gathering!

Rodney Dickman

4. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Sounds like Sat Aug 25'th might be a better day based on the info at: http://www.milwaukeemasterpiece.com/index.htm. It states August 26th is the Masterpiece Concours D’Elegance at the Milwaukee Lakefront, but Sat Aug 25'th there is a car show dedicated to European based cars and open to clubs. Might I suggest that day and maybe end the day at your place?

For anyone who wishes to see the Concours on Sunday can either stay over night at a local hotel or drive back up on Sunday.

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    FOC Midwest will make this a drive event. As we get closer we will set a gathering point and then head North to Rodney for the BBQ.

We wanted to do a drive to Wisconsin and Rodney just gave us the perfect "excuse". Looking forward to this one!

6. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    But what will be the date? Aug 25 or the 26'th? Stay tuned!

7. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    The date has been set. It is Sunday August 26th. I have a friend making a basic web page. I'll post this wep page URL once it is ready. Let's all pray for no rain that day. Food will be served along with soft drinks and bottled water. I hope to make this an annual event. If it turns out well I will do it every year at the end of August or sometime in September. I am looking at having around 20-30 Ferraris and maybe 6-8 NSX's. Would be nice to see a few others show up with something interesting like a Lambo or Saleen or something. There is a Saleen locally here and also a new Ford GT. If I see them this summer at some car shows I'll try to get them to attend also. I do not want 200 cars here. This show will be just for Ferraris, a few NSX's and maybe a few other cars like Lambos etc.

Show will be on Sunday. I will need Saturday to get ready. :)

Rodney Dickman
    1990 348 TS

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Merely out of curiosity: What's the deal with the NSX? Not that I have an issue with them, just wondering. First time I see an invitation for Ferraris + NSX. :)

PS: Back in the eighties, when Ferraris were more worth than gold, I remember Honda publishing a glossy magazine in Europe to some of its customers. It was all glitzy and glamorous and talked about the life style of the high rollers. Yachts, jets, jewelry, watches, you get the picture. Lots of F1, Monaco and one feartured car: The NSX. And nowhere in the mag would you even find the name Honda nor Acura. It was very strange and obviously targeted at placing that car in its niche.

9. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    I've always wanted an NSX. A targa top of course. My friend had one and I refused to go for a ride in it as I knew if I did I would have to have one. Once I ride in a car I like I tend to go out and buy one. Wanted a Ferrari more. I like NSX's. I think they are an excellent car. In my opinion nothing beats owning a Ferrari. But I do like the NSX's. So I choose to invite a few. I may even own one someday. I'm sure every NSX owner that shows up would like to own a Ferrari. Have never wished for a Porshe. You can see I have not invited any. :)

Rodney Dickman
    1990 348 TS

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  11. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    They are a great car. I was lucky to race a Friend's at Lagona Seca a few years back and a great car, but no sound. Way to quit. Can't have that, need sound.

12. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hmm. And to think I was going to drive up in my GT3.

13. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman

A GT3 is more than welcome. I am afraid of inviting the Porsche crowd. I might get a few hundred Porsches here if I do. Some top level Porsches would be OK. Sorry I spelled Porsche wrong in my last post.

Rodney Dickman
    1990 348 TS

14. Michael B

Michael B F1 Rookie
    Owner

Apr 28, 2004
    US of A
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Hey-hey. Now your talking. Good show.

15. 04GCAR

04GCAR Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    Madison
    I can leave the porsche home as well as the Lotus Exige S, just have to being the G spyder if it's here

16. bill365

bill365 F1 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Chicago area
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Remember - Aug 29-Sep 2. 2007 FCA at Watkins Glen

17. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
    I have a web page now for this get together.

http://www.lonestarfieros.org/exotic-car/exotic-car.html

In time this URL will change and I will post that. It is just a simple web page. I will be adding a few new pictures and a better picture of the front of my house once the leaves fill in some and the grass is greener. I have not determined the start/finish times but will do so soon. Any suggestions or changes to this web page are appreciated. I hope to make this an annual event. :)

Rodney Dickman
    1990 348 TS

18. ZMC

ZMC Guest

Mar 20, 2007
    Milwaukee,WI
    Full Name:
    Billy Z
    Hey i have been reading up on your party info.

I have a shop in milwaukee...actually call it a Auto Salon. I specialize in OEM Plus product. I am a authorized Dealer for Novitec Rosso.

I am in the market for a 360 challenger or a F430.

I currently have a tricked out Z3 M Coupe tons of aftermarket stuff only 1200 imported in the US.

Can I Come....I was thinking of hosting a party at my shop what are your thoughts.

19. Mera

Mera Formula Junior

Aug 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Rodney Dickman
  20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It will take us a while to get to your place so I'd say after 11am. Also I wouldn't extend it too long into the afternoon as people live busy lives. So I'd say "official time" as 11am to 2pm with of course everybody able to hang on longer if they feel like it. Just my $ 0.02.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #21 tifosi12, Jul 10, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    While Dave is working on the details for the drive (yes this will also be a drive event), I can give you guys and gals a sneak preview of the trophies you're playing for. Yup, that is real crystal glass and to get an idea of how big they are, I threw in a pic of a 1/18 model.

Remember although this is a FOC Midwest event, it is open to any Ferrari owner, regardless of membership. The judging will be done by the participants. I will hand out the ballots (one per participating car) and tabulate them in presence of a witness. This will be truly a people's choice award, not a judge's decision or otherwise.

This is a free event, no registration fee, but we do ask you to indicate your interest on here so Rodney gets an idea for how many people he'll have to organize the lunch. Which btw is also free! So what have you got to loose? A drive with Ferrari brethren, a concourse with nice trophies and lunch in a beautiful setting and neither membership nor registration fee required. Could it get any better than that?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    And that reminds me; I still have to get up to Rodney's so he can install the windowspeederuppers.

Weather just hasn't been cooperating with me!

23. jeffwh

jeffwh Karting

Oct 6, 2006
    White
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    I need to get them installed as well....

The crystal looks great. Now all we need is good weather. Is the plan to meet somewhere and drive up together?

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Thanks. Yes, we'll meet North of Chicago (details from Dave to follow) and drive up there together. On the way home, it is everybody for themselves.

25. Gerry328

Gerry328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 25, 2006
    Home
    Full Name:
    Gerry
    That sounds like fun, I'll look forward to the 26th.