F430 sound changed | FerrariChat

F430 sound changed

Discussion in '360/430' started by chris430, Jul 13, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chris430

chris430 Karting

Oct 30, 2005
    Dear Chatmates

I have just picked up the car from my dealer, I had the pipes changed because of a Ferrari campaign, and first revision done, cost aprox 1800€, also installed Macarbon carbon airboxes, look great.
    I drived it for 2 hours and I realise the engine sound has chaged, sound more like air and not so metalic and precise as before (but temperatures and bar are all ok), dealer say because pipes are new, also feel the car more vibrating (maybe because also installed racing seats).
    I stoped and start again and engine does not change sound as before, dealer say it is because of the temperature, we are at 35 degreesC.
    Is the dealer right? is that normal?
    Thanks for your comments.

Regards

2. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    I didn't know a F430 campaign existed to change exhaust pipes, only exhaust brackets.

3. chris430

chris430 Karting

Oct 30, 2005
    Campaign exists for Chasis 1450--. Year 2006

4. jir591

jir591 Karting

Aug 17, 2005
    Weston, Florida
    I had the campaign done and they changed the brackets and the pipes. I didn't notice any difference in the sound.

5. anna

anna Guest

Oct 10, 2006
    Total BS. I had it done too (on the old car-2005). No difference!!

6. The Ape

The Ape Formula 3

Feb 28, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ape
    The brackets can't be changed on their own. I have had them replaced on one side already. The other side just went bad this week. I asked them if they can just get brackets without changing tips etc. They said Ferrari is working on a fix but that at this time the whole thing has to be swapped.

7. maybach

maybach Rookie

Apr 10, 2005
    Hong Kong/New York
    I had the entire set up brackets and tips replaced on Friday before taking delivery of my car and have been driving all weekend and the rattle has returned! Not sure what to do? Its not quite as bad as it was before it was replaced but I suspect it will get there. Im loving the car so much at the moment that Im not even considering sending it to the dealer yet.

8. chris430

chris430 Karting

Oct 30, 2005
    I have parked the car in the garage since friday, I will use it tomorrow and make another test.
    Do new carbon airbox may influence?
    thanks for your comments.