Detail Recommendation - San Jose | FerrariChat

Detail Recommendation - San Jose

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by amarzano, Jun 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amarzano

amarzano Karting

Aug 23, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Well, it's that time. The Car needs a cleaning bad.. :) I spoke to Bob Willis and he sounded like a great solution - BUT can anyone recommend some place in San Jose or better yet that is Mobile to detail the car?

I am planning a trip out to Bob's - but I can see the day where I will be looking to have the car detailed and not have the time to make the trip out to Gilroy..

Thanks!

Alex

2. AutoConcierge

AutoConcierge Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    Yes it is commitment to come to our location but........... when you want it right, the alternatives can be a scary thought. Who do you want working on your 200,000 $ exotic ? .

3. PogueMoHone

PogueMoHone Formula Junior

Oct 3, 2004
    You might want to try Thorpe auto detailing in Campbell. They do very good work, have been around a long time, have the advantage of being local, and give you a loaner car (Camry) too.

4. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Have you tried Diamond Car Care?

5. Copperhead Viper

Mar 21, 2007
    San Jose,CA
    Full Name:
    Mike

I used to work down the street from Thorpe and sent alot of cars there. They do very good work. Prices are reasonable for the amount of time and work they put in.

6. F430SilverArrow

F430SilverArrow Formula Junior

Dec 3, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Robert Spiteri
    A&J Detailing on Park & Coleman. The BEST

7. ferrari_jjc

ferrari_jjc Formula Junior

Dec 27, 2004
    I can't agree more. When you want it done right, you'd be hard pressed to find it done any better than Bob and his guys. I've seen work done at Thorpe, and although decent, it doesn't stand up to the quality you'd get with Bob.

8. kimoSabe

kimoSabe Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    No CA
    Full Name:
    Ray C.
    They're good but definatly not "THE BEST".

9. jordanair45

jordanair45 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2006
    I'm a fan of AJ's. I take my car there every time. But then again, its not a Ferrari!

10. F430SilverArrow

Dec 3, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Robert Spiteri
    All a personal choice. I took my 996TT there every year for 4 years, my F430 there once and I will take my S65 there. At the end of the day I would never drive to Gilroy to get a car detailed regardless of how good anyone is. By the time I got the car back to Almaden I would have to wash it. Plus my wife would shoot me if I said..."Hey honey will you follow me to Gilroy so I can get MY car detailed for 8 hours and then BTW can you drive me back there at 5:00 p.m. again so I can pick-up MY car". "But wait...you don't understand sweetie...this guy is real GOOD"...Right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now if I lived in Gilroy no problem. Bob is the best. But time is precious too.

11. azzurribaggio

azzurribaggio Formula Junior

So in the end where did you decide to bring your ride? I've got two BMWs which need some fine scratches taken off the paint......

12. amarzano

amarzano Karting

Aug 23, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Alex
    So - after all the recommendations - I ended up taking my car to Dave at Thorpe. I can't tell you if they are the "best" or not - but I can tell you that they were very through and did a great job.

What did I like?

- Dave worked with MY schedule. I ended up droping the car off on a Saturday morning..
    - Thorpe offers a loaner. They have 2 late model Camry's that he can lend you - so that eliminated the "honey - can I get a ride??..." (funny - I live in Almaden as well...)
    - Dave is just a nice guy. I ended up spending 45 mins just talking to him about his business and life in general.

So - Thorpe has my 2 thumbs up.. Price wise he seemed on par with the others and offers a discount for "program subscribers". When I dropped off my F430 - he was just finishing up another F430 - (by the way - I saw the Carbon diffuser on that car - BEAUTIFUL!!)

Worked Well for me.. Tell him "Alex" sent you!

13. F430SilverArrow

Dec 3, 2005
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Robert Spiteri
    Sounds like you had a good experience. Good to see people still understand that customer service is the number one thing people will remember well after the money has been spent. Thanks for the update and your review.

14. AutoConcierge

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    Alex,

I am glad you recieved the service you were looking for, because at the end of the day that is what counts. At our shop detailing is a big part of what we do because this is my area of expertise for over twenty years, for some people conveniance is paramount and we understand that using a whole day to get your detailed is not everybody's cup of tea. This is why we have a wet bar and wi-fi and many more services beside Auto Detailing, there are still people who don't know that Kevin Patten and Dave Graff formerly of Custom Alignment are working at our shop, for those who know they are two of the best alignment and wheel techs you will find anywhere!. We are becoming a sponsor this week so look for specials and events summer at our 25,000 square foot facility.

15. dan_west348ts

dan_west348ts Rookie

Nov 21, 2003
    Hollister, CA
    Full Name:
    Dan West
    I recommend "Detail Dave". He is mobile and does an excellent job. He has done my 348 twice and the car has never looked better. He can be reached at 831-359-5824.

Dan

16. AutoConcierge

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    In case you have not read my other thread(FYI)my mobile service is available again.

Bob Willis
    Auto Concierge
    Auto Detailing

17. AutoConcierge

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    In case you have not read my other thread(FYI)my mobile service is available again.

Bob Willis
    Auto Concierge
    Auto Detailing

18. dan_west348ts

dan_west348ts Rookie

Nov 21, 2003
    Hollister, CA
    Full Name:
    Dan West
    I have never seen anyone who could make a car look as good as David Patrick "Detail Dave", inside and out. He can be reached at 831-359-5824. After he finished with my 348, I was amazed as to how well it looked! He is completly mobile.

Dan

19. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Do you travel to SF?
    The guy justed posted a thread asking this and I'll bet he would want the best!
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159505

20. AutoConcierge

Sep 10, 2004
    Pleasanton, CA
    Full Name:
    Robert Willis
    Pretty much anywhere in the Bay Area, as a matter of fact i was in So-Cal last week.

Bob Willis

21. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott