Notice valet parkers get offended by you not wanting them to park your car? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Notice valet parkers get offended by you not wanting them to park your car?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JeffB, Jul 17, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    so what? Who really cares if the VALET gets his feelings hurt? I don't mind when the pilot of the 767 doesn't let me taxi his jet to the runway......
    Tough cookies. NO ONE drives my Ferrari.

2. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I use valet sometimes, but always wonder how much they can be responsible. If they damage a car, are they obligated to pay for the damage? When I asked this questions to valet guys, they usually say "yes" or "we'll take care of you, of course" or something like that. I wonder whether there is any legal standard for valet parking business, like liability for makers.

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Its incredible that you have to pay to park at the restaurant you are going to eat. It just baffles me when i think about it , esp when they dont have a parking and park your car in front of the restaurant but on the street that nobody owns.

I know that you can park it there and tell them to **** off but im sure you ll find your car dented after your meal..

Incredible/

4. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I ask them if they know how to drive an F1 transmission. If they say yes I ask them to take me through the steps to start the car. If they say what do you mean, I say you better let me park it.

Never had anyone say yes.

5. JeffB

JeffB Formula 3

Jan 16, 2004
    Northville, Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jeff B
    Hey John,

We were at Bacco on Northwestern this past Saturday evening. A few weeks ago I was at Camerons in B'ham with it. Both places see exotics all the time (in fact, there was a silverstone 430Sp at Bacco that I parked my car right behind). The owner of that one must have let the valet park his car, which is probably why they were surprised to hear me request to park it myself. The only place I've been to in this area as of late was "NOMI" here in Northville.

6. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I park it ,hand a $50 and go inside with the key in my pocket.
    Additional benefit is I don't have to look for a valet to fetch me the keys after dinner.

7. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    i almost fell on the ground last weekend. we went to dinner at a local spot we regularly go to. the valets know me and the car. i used to park it but lately i let the valets park it. they're good kids and don't abuse the car. well the other night as i got out of the car i offhandedly said "take 'er easy, sport" and the valet said " relax sir, i'm a professional". it made my night. :)

8. Todd Helme

Todd Helme Formula Junior

Apr 2, 2007
    Oviedo Florida
    Full Name:
    Todd Helme
    In Florida, the valet has no responsibility for the car after you hand over the keys, provided it is printed on the receipt you recieve. This is what a friend of mine told me who owns the valet company.

I used to do valet in college so I will a valet's perspective.

One, I wouldn't trust a valet unless it is being parked up front. Too many times I have seen other guys take small joy rides around the parking lot, or burning rubber in the valet lot.

Two, I would perfer that exotic owners park thier own car and often asked if they would like to park it themselves. It sucked to hop into a Lambo or Ferrari and be eagled eyes as I backed it up 12 feet into a spot, with a computer controlled clutch trying to figure out exactly what I was trying to tell it to do. It was easier just to let the person stay in the car, back it up themselves and collect the keys.

Three, several places require a certain amount of money to park up front as those spots are 'rented' from the restaraunt for a fee.

9. manta147

manta147 Karting

Sep 7, 2006
    seekonk,mass
    Full Name:
    carter petter
    I won't let a valet park my daily driver,a Chevy Cavalier,let alone the 308!I did that for one summer,and I know what goes on.

10. roccoriley

roccoriley Karting

Jun 24, 2007
    So Cal
    Even if they were found to be liable you would have to collect from their company and many valet companies have no assets.

11. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee

This is what I do also. The F430 or other supercars I park and they seem to understand. The regular cars like the Porsche or MB they can do it. I never have had a problem.

Lee

12. No Doubt

No Doubt Seven Time F1 World Champ

May 21, 2005
    Vegas+Alabama
    Full Name:
    Mr. Sideways
    Exactly. That's the proper protocol.

...btw, would you happen to live/work in Ocala?