My 599 arrived... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My 599 arrived...

Discussion in '612/599' started by bjc138, Jul 25, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. enzo360

enzo360 F1 Veteran
    Consultant

Aug 1, 2004
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    Jurgen Durand
    .......what a room, ......what a view.
    thank you very much for sharing
    Best
    Jurgen

2. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    Congrats, beautifull car!

3. Jimmy540i

Jimmy540i Formula 3
    BANNED

Jan 11, 2004
    Los Angeles / NYC
    Full Name:
    www.Jimmy540i.com
    nice car.. curious what does 599's key looks like? same as the 612? pictures would be nice.

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Wouldn't that make him an accessory?

5. bjc138

bjc138 Karting

Sep 2, 2002
    DC
    Full Name:
    brian
    #30 bjc138, Aug 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. PAP 348

PAP 348 Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 10, 2005
    Mount Isa, Australia
    Full Name:
    Pap

Thanks for sharing mate. Very cool and glad you are enjoying the 599. :):)

7. bjc138

bjc138 Karting

Sep 2, 2002
    DC
    Full Name:
    brian
    #32 bjc138, Aug 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. BMWfreak

BMWfreak Rookie

Aug 20, 2005
    Thank you for the awesome gallery. I now have something to add to my "manifestation folder" ;)

Because as easy as it may seems to someone, it's actual hard to get good Ferrari pictures in wallpaper size. Not to mention black 599 with such amazing details.
    And I also love your transparency, you don't seem to bother to blur your license plate as many do ;)

9. truman bond

truman bond Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2006
    Now that's 'the Secret'...

go for it....

10. bjc138

bjc138 Karting

Sep 2, 2002
    DC
    Full Name:
    brian
    After 2,000 miles the 599 GTB Fiorano just gets better and better...

Filled the trunk with luggage and 2 helmets then headed south for 350 miles, destination "Autodromo Internazionale di Mugello". There's nothing quite like driving a Ferrari through Italy, sun shining, revs building :) The Italians at the border ask you to rev the car when you're leaving customs, heck, even the toll-booth attendants ask you to rev it up! It'd be a shame not to oblige :) The 599's such a comfortable mile-eater. We arrive fresh and ache-free, unlike a 350 mile trip in the Challenge Stradale!

At the track the 599 is awesome. The rush of power, and the delivery through the F1 superfast gearbox, is incredible. Traction control off and the car ebbs slightly wide on turn-in, then lift off slightly and it hones in on the apex, then foot to the floor and we're off to hunt for the next apex :) For a street car, on street tyres, the turn-in has great feel, the braking is sure-footed & fade free and the drive is smooth and powerful, very powerful - it's no Stradale/Scuderia but it is a fantastic (occasional) track car.

Traction control back on, hand the keys to my 20 year old cousin and he's lapping quite cleanly (for a novice). The 599 is a pus5ycat when you need it to be and a monster whenever you feel the urge!

Back to Zürich at 100+ miles per hour with the Garmin diligently identifying all the new radar locations that have sprung up around Milan.

Six days later, back into the 599, destination Maranello - 300 miles away, this time in the pouring rain. Set the manettino to the rain setting and there's absolutely no drama, we glide along at 80 miles an hour until we're south of the Alps and in to clear skies.
    We make it to the restaurant "Il Cavallino”, in front of the factory gates, in time for dinner. There's plenty of other Ferraris around since we're here for the launch of the 430 Scuderia.

For what it's worth, the 430 Scuderia didn't quite do it for me. I was hoping for something as extreme, if not more extreme, than
    the Challenge Stradale. I don't feel that it is, especially with its quieter exhaust, the "Auto" button for the gearbox, unusual seat shape and all of the elasticated pockets etc. I fell that it's catering for those seeking more comfort - I might be wrong and I'll certainly reserve judgement until I get to try one out at a track. I'm sure that it's a fantastic car but is it enough for me to trade the Challenge Stradale...don't know, especially considering that its base price is 35% to 40% more expensive that the base price for the Challenge Stradale - and it'll have an extensive options list with stuff like the LED steering wheel etc.

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Great pictures, Brian

12. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Beautiful car! Black on tan is a classic. Enjoy in good health. :)

13. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Beautiful car and great stories, congratulations!

14. CCCP

CCCP Formula Junior
    BANNED

Apr 26, 2007
    Italy
    Full Name:
    Max
    Have fun with it!!

15. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Beautiful car....congratulations :).

16. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR

You may have just helped a crook.
    Now Jimmy can sell counterfeit keys on eBay...