1st ferrari driving experience, finally | Page 5 | FerrariChat

1st ferrari driving experience, finally

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by VisualHomage, Jul 31, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stugots

stugots Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    PDX
    Full Name:
    B T L
    #101 stugots, Aug 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    ^^^that's hilarious

ahhaha

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Nice ratio...... Pretty soon you will have stroked your way out of favor with the dealers around here the same way......

What then, will you move out of state or blow up AA meetings?

4. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    did i mention his name is chad and he lives in north hollywood?

5. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    My words were an answer to your specific question and advice for the immediate future; not an invitation to unwarranted repetitions of unqualified opinion. Listen to the advice and you'll probably do OK, continue as you have and you probably won't.

6. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    there is much truth in my opinions.

please refute the points i raised in my last post in reply to you, particularly about popularity versus the market. i'd like to hear your ideas on this.

7. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #107 darth550, Aug 4, 2007
  8. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #108 darth550, Aug 4, 2007
  9. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    ^^^time for a station break with graphics

please stand by...

10. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Oh, my bad, I didn't mean to throw a little comic relief into your "Making myself look like a horse's ass" thread!

BTW, what the hell are you doing inside on this beautiful day? Even in the 818 IT'S TEST DRIVIN' WEATHER!!!!!!! Woot!

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna

Oh man, tears are rolling down my cheeks because I am laughing so hard.

Chad, if you think that people are giving you a hard time for so reason, consider this: I, like almost everyone else here, bought two Ferraris w/ no test drives and only a ppi. Hell, one of them I never even laid eyes on until it showed up at my house in a trailer. When the time came to sell, guess what? The buyer didn't test drive either. Just a ppi. Not to say that I've never test driven a car but there was only one time, iirc, I test drove a car without a cashiers check in hand and that was a Porsche (which I was ready to buy pending a relocation that was more than likely imminent, that I told the salesman about). The only time I test drove a Ferrari was to compare two models and I was buying one or the other, that day, cashiers check in hand.

A top Ferrari dealer had this on their faq page regarding test drives:

"Here's what we know: Drivers aren't buyers and buyers aren't drivers....it's THE oldest rule in exotic car sales, and it is 100% accurate. Real buyers simply don’t even ask. We aren't the local amusement park, and this isn't the local Ford dealership. As a business, we won’t risk a valuable automobile for your amusement. There's no shortage of folks who would love to spend their day entertaining themselves at our expense, playing Ferrari/Bentley/etc buyer."

I'm not even going to comment on the part about your coming on here and doing a full on write up about freaking test drive. I will also leave out the part everyone else seems to have already pointed out, which is your spouting off useless BS about cars you know next to nothing about.

Lastly, I will say that I am glad that you got to drive a car although I would have preferred for it not have been at the expense of some poor salesman's day.

12. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    ROFL!

13. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    That is exactly what you're not qualified to judge.

What gave you the idea this was a debate.

14. Joe360

Joe360 Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Germany&Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I'm sorry but this is just sooo boring. Could you please use PMs for your little private war? Thank you

I don't know what to say... absolutely r i d i c u l o u s is probably the best word to call it.
    FWIW I did contemplate for a long time about buying, I did ask hundreds of questions, I did test drive 6 Ferraris until I finally decided to go for a 360. So did many friends of mine... guess the 100% rule is useless...
    Am I really supposed to pay a huge amount of money just to find out if a Ferrari is what I need??
    And tell me, how would you know how the F1 transmission feels if you have never tried it?
    I also test drove the F430 thoroughly before buying it, needed to make sure it was worth selling my beloved 360!

Buying the wrong car would seriously pi$$ me off, waste money and time. Test driving can and probably will save you from all that

No point in not doing it!

15. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    please provide for the forum a qualified judgment and counterpoint and rebuttal to my ideas concerning the market versus popularity. you have stated that such ideas expressed are disqualified. please, then, qualify such points where i have not.

you have yet to provide any such information.

16. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    #116 wetpet, Aug 4, 2007
  17. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    ^^^hahaha that's damn funny!

is there a site where you can download these?

18. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You missed the Corvette Forum, where he's responsible for an almost 600 post thread and earned this insightful summary from one of their members after tiring everyone out with inane repetition:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showpost.php?p=1560268838&postcount=578

19. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    i've mentioned that forum here before multiple times. that forum and this one are very similar. at the outset i thought that would not be the case, being that this is a Ferrari forum, ie, more "sophisticated." Corvetteforum members tend to be hypersensitive, overly protective and defensive about their iconic Corvette, despite that it has many shortcomings when they steadfastly insist none exist. and this forum suffers a similar condition. most folks here are actually nice and easy-going, but for the others myopia knows no bounds.

as well, most of those claims that you posted are not at all true. the opposite is mostly the case, as is seen here: i ask for refutations
    of my premise by those who claim that i am not qualified. and then i get no qualified responses that hold any merit.

if my claims about the market and popularity, for example, are so disqualified, then why has nobody come forth to educate the forum further with qualified ideas? where are they? i am waiting for the revelations and none are posted by those claiming i am in error.

all that has been given for the past few posts are juvenile retorts that are simply evasive nonsense posts that dance around the real issues.

20. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You've already dissed several who had very qualified comments with your pseudo-expertise, so why waste time trying to educate you? If you want to learn about the Ferrari market, search the forum. There are much more qualified opinions than yours that have already discussed the market or specific cars.

One thing about this forum, is that we've learned not to waste 600 posts on a poster who hasn't contributed anything meaningful but thinks they have. We don't have to prove ourselves and we know a bull**** artist when we see one.

However, we are perfectly prepared to waste 600 posts if you can make it sufficiently amusing. Research airplane takeoffs or alpinesilver19 for examples. You have to give us a show if you want a place at the table.

21. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    what i'm saying isn't BS.

for some reason you are simply unable or incapable of offering a counterpoint. so to hide this, you spin it as i am disqualified. you have yet to answer the simple requests that i called for. it ought to be easy for you since i am so off the mark. where are your ideas, then? you have still not offered anything.

the more you carry on without any ideas of your own as counterpoints, the more you appear what you accuse me of being. i have shown my cards. you have not. and you refuse to. that alone reveals your position.

22. wetpet

wetpet F1 World Champ
    BANNED

May 3, 2006
    "Finally, I don't mean to attack bonzelite as a person, I am sure he is a great guy, but his arguments of repeating the same thing with no credible proof was wearing. I hope that he has learned something from this thread other then the Corvette forum members are narrowminded and stubborn because if that is all he learned it is sad."

nope

23. QT3141

QT3141 Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2006
    Wait, wait, wait. This is BS. You KNEW the approximate price range of the car. You SHOULD'VE KNOWN it was out of your budget. Any feelers on how flexible the seller was to bring the price down to your affordability range should've gone out BEFORE you test drove the car.

You didn't follow this. You picked a car you couldn't afford in your wildest wet dreams and drove it for the heck of it.

It was someone else's car, not a test mule at a dealership. The implied contract between seller and buyer is that you're (realistically) serious in-principle about buying a car before testing it. You were not.

While your opinions on non-Ferrari sports cars evoked some sympathy and agreement in me, this stunt of yours has done neither. I would personally NEVER test drive another person's car unless I was honorable in my intention to buy the car if it turned out good. As far as I'm concerned, the test-drive is always the penultimate test before a full PPI followed by the transaction itself.

(BTW, sorely tempted though I was, I *have* actually declined offers to test drive exotics when I couldn't afford them.)

24. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    zzzzzzz

that guy on corvetteforum was only talking about himself.

wake me up when you have something to really add that resembles original thinking. nothing i have said thus far in this thread has been revealed to be discredible. show me where...

25. VisualHomage

VisualHomage F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2006
    San Antonio
    not true.

again.

not true.

going to search out Ferraris is the real deal. it begins by the first contact. and it progresses. i may end up driving 6 cars before i find one.

now it was a "stunt?!" ahahahahaha

taking a drive in a Ferrari is a "stunt." but not in a ...Honda? or a Buick?.. only in a Ferrari!

i think a stunt would be test driving a school bus and shooting it out of a canon!

aye aye, captain!

again, the test drive is a "stunt" and to be condemned. one should NEVER get to know a car before they buy it! got it! great advice!

how honourable.

i guess everyone who has yet to buy a car --go out and just buy it. don't ever drive it or get to know it. don't check any of them out. buy the first one you see!

i'm going back to sleep now.

zzzzzzzz