FCA Ferraris and Friends Day at TGPR 8/4 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

FCA Ferraris and Friends Day at TGPR 8/4

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by Mike C, Jun 20, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    I read on the website that they have an air-conditioned classroom. I hope that is available for folks to geet some respite from the sun. Does anyone know?

2. m3mike

m3mike Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2006
    Knoxville, TN
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'm bringing my trailer, when the car is not in it people are welcome to sit inside out of the sun.

3. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Mike and/or Tommy,

I read on the agenda that the gate will be locked at 9AM. Does that mean that guests will not be able to get in if they arrive after 9AM. The reason I ask is that my wife (as a guest) was going to come up later that day around mid morning.

Any rules you have are just fine. Just want to know what to tell her.

Regards,

Drew

4. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Hi Drew... you can leave any time you want, but the rules are set for no new arrivals after 9am because all drivers AND passengers need to go through the 9am safety briefing...

5. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    It always has been before they rebuilt the track, so I expect it still will be. That's normally where we have our pre-event safety briefing/orientation.

6. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    I'm looking forward to seeing everyone there. It should be a great day at the track.

7. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
  8. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    We need to keep the gate open for later guests. As a "professional car club" courtesy to the Birmingham British Motoring Club and The Mercedes Club of Alabama I have extended a welcome to attend as our non-participating guests. We have done this in the years past. They have a drive scheduled and will be stopping by, probably mid-morning or lunchtime. There may be a couple more wandering in too, including my mother who is a VIP.

To get in, your name must be on a list that I have prepared and will give the gate keeper. Anyone whose name is not on it will have a problem at this point unless you give me a call today. Do not email me. I do not have my computer at home right now. The only way I have to communicate online is at work and I leave at noon today (Fri). Everyone has been send my cell number in an earlier email. If you lost it you can call my office and get it off the machine at 205-967-4080.

9. velvetropeparty

velvetropeparty Karting

Oct 13, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Bryan Adams
    I am bringing my F430 ... first track day in my Fcar. Somehow I think it will be more thrilling than Track Days with my S4

10. rfking

rfking Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Italy
    #36 rfking, Aug 4, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  11. GREENHOUSE

GREENHOUSE Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Alabama
    Full Name:
    MIKE
    I'd like to thank everyone that shared their enthusiasm and stories at the track this weekend. It turned a hot day into a cool track event.

12. Robert Rehkopf

Robert Rehkopf Karting

Mar 26, 2005
    Cordova, TN
    Full Name:
    Robert Rehkopf
    I want to thank Mike and Tommy for another great event. The Rehkopf clan enjoyed themselves immensely. Thanks to instructor Jim for taking my daughter-in-law for her frist track laps.
    'We'll be back'!

13. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Robert -- I know your son took a lot of photos... post some here!

I also need photos of the event for our FCA-SE newsletter, and Tommy needs some to use with a write-up he's doing for Prancing Horse.

14. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Bryan (yellow 430) sent me a video he put together from the day. His original was higher resolution but too big to stream effectively, so I converted it down and you can see it by pointing your browser to
    www.helmet-painting.com/media/Ferrari-TGPR8_4.wmv

15. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I had half of it written last night and lost it trying to save it to outlook or whatever bellsouth uses. I am going to try to have it done by this weekend.

16. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Bryan, nice video! Love the sound of the 430.

17. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I can't get it to work

18. Lee-'78_308

Lee-'78_308 Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Maryville, TN
    Full Name:
    Gary Lee Pierce
    I had more fun on Saturday than any other track event I've been to. What a wonderful (improved) track, with a great surface and fantastically safe runoff areas. I actually got to use them this time!

Thank you Mike and Tommy for putting it together and thank you Bryan for allowing us all to relive it.

It was great to see everyone again. Hope to see you all at another event soon. Now, I need to go change my brake fluid...

19. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Lee,
    From one big head to another, thanks for letting me borrow your helmet. It was a great day.

20. Drew Altemara

Drew Altemara Formula 3

Feb 11, 2002
    Tuscaloosa, AL
    Full Name:
    Drew Altemara
    Bryan, that is so cool. Thanks for doing that.

Drew Altemara (red Boxer)