(Denver) Ferrari Spotters!!!! | Page 47 | FerrariChat

(Denver) Ferrari Spotters!!!!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain' started by Uberpower, Jul 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Great photo of a V8 Vantage eastbound on 1st just east of University; saw that around 8pm tonight. Also an Arnage at Elway's and, perhaps the best spot of the day, the all-new, yet-to-be-released Volvo XC70 with New Jersey 'vehicle manufacturer' license plates just east of Wash Park throughout the day.

2. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    So Doug, you spot an Aston Martin and a Bentley but your "spot of the day" was a Volvo wagon?! Yeah, umm, you can't post here for the rest of the week!!! :)

3. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    That black V8 Vantage is gorgeous. Tempting!

4. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I was wondering if that'd get mentioned - but bear with me Derek, I'll attempt to explain: that's my third spot of that V8 Vantage, which is the twelfth V8 Vantage I've seen; I've seen a V8 Vantage on twenty-five occaisions! The Bentley's details are even more astonishing - I've seen that one four times and I've seen seventeen Arnages a total of thirty times.

So you can imagine I'm a bit more excited about being one of the first to see the new Volvo!

5. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    +1

I got to agree ... I’ll just have to keep saving I guess, and then maybe move in with you mike.

6. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    :) I know, I know, I was just giving you some much needed grief with that comment :)

7. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Got to drive that one while it was here. It was a beast.

8. EspritSE

EspritSE Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Craig
    I know what we paid for it... It was well over six figures

9. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Over six figures? So, seven figures?

:D

Spotted yesterday - an F355 GTS being towed to Global Collision on Evans and I-25 at around 9am, then an Aston-Martin DB9 Volante on Quebec and Evans a few minutes later. Also a 360 Spider on temporary plates at Cherry Creek Mall valet yesterday evening. This car has been spotted multiple times by a few people here, and I personally have seen it five times since May 10, when I saw it for the first time. I didn't get close enough to check the date on the temporary plate, but how does he not have real plates yet? It's been three months at least! Finally, though it's not of supreme interest to those on F-chat, a good photo of a Plymouth Prowler on Speer and Downing around 8pm.

10. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Silver looking Aston V8 Vantage on South Boulder Road and McCaslin (sp?)

11. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Okay, today... DB9 Volante on 1st and Milwaukee (that photo was taken on 1st and Detroit); car was female-driven. Viper SRT-10 next to Wash Park on Downing and Virginia. 328 GTB on 3rd and Columbine... but best of all, c'etait un rendez-vous with a ridiculously uncommon Mercedes 450SEL 6.9 on 2nd and Fillmore with, oddly, South Carolina license plates. Only 1,800 of those were sold in the US, the last of which was sold over 25 years ago. I've never seen one on the road before.

12. Red F430 Spider crossing County Line Rd near Park Meadows I think around 4-5pm today. Sounded amazing.

13. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Spots tonight included a BMW Z8 on 3rd and Clayton, a Lamborghini Gallardo (poor photo I know) at Elway's and Murcielago Roadster in Larimer Square (also a poor photo, I know), a Testarossa with temporary plates, a rare Dodge Viper GTS-ACR at Ocean and, best of all, a Porsche Carrera GT at Elway's. This particular Porsche Carrera GT is the reason I purchased a camera and started photographing cars - after seeing it back in February 2005 no one believed I had seen the vehicle and I got the camera in case I saw another. Since then I've seen this one again three times and two others. Here's another shot of this beautiful car.

14. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Doug! You were right in my hood when you spotted the Murci Roadster, I saw it parked there at around 9:30pm. I also spotted a silver Maserati Spyder parked in front of The Keg around the same time..I almost feel bad for telling you this but I spotted another 599gtb tonight!!! While I was walking my dog at about 10:15pm we were approaching 15th/Wewatta and there she sat, in all her glory at the stop light! I can't recall the exact name of the color at the moment but it is close to Rosso Fiorano...what a sight and sound :)
    BTW, the Gallardo looks great in Red, I don't think I've ever seen a Red one.

15. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Don't worry about the 599 spot - I finally saw one two weeks ago - this one - perhaps the same one you saw tonight? Regardless, at this point the only vehicles I really, really want to see (aside the ridiculous and perhaps impossible stuff like the McLaren F1 and Bugatti EB110 and the like) are the Aston-Martin Vanquish, Saleen S7, and Ferrari Enzo. See any of those and I'll be jealous. :D

I too had never seen a red Gallardo before but I caught a beautiful red Murcielago last July and the effect is similar - red may be a 'Ferrari' color, but it looks damn good on these Lamborghinis too. I wish tonight's photo was better but taking photos at night is so damn hard.

I didn't know you lived downtown - you must be the only person in the city who lives downtown and commutes to Highlands Ranch!

16. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Yep, that's the one! I agree with you, Lambos look good in Red too...it's just that they look so right in all of those funky colors that most people would never think of painting their Ferraris. BTW, I live right on the corner of 15th/Delgany, spotting cars from my balcony used to be a lot easier before the Museum of Contemporary Art was built, it obstructs my view of 15th Street :( And just so you know, before it was built, I spotted the Black Enzo cruising down 15th :)

17. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Agreed - case in point.

Oh I'm not surprised, nor am I jealous actually, because if I was jealous of you for the black Enzo spot, I'd have to be jealous of every single Coloradoan - since I'm pretty sure I'm the only person in this state who has yet to see the vehicle.

You're in a good location, by the way.

18. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    :) touche :)

BTW, the next time you're down here, if you "spot" a Red SAAB 9-3 Aero Sedan with shields on it, that's me:) The shields are actually sporting a "Prancing Moose" made to resemble the Scuderia badges! :)

19. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I thought you had an R32 Golf?! That's what I've been looking for!

20. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Silver 360 Modena parked on 4th St in Aspen.
    Red/Tan 430 F1 coupe in Snowmass Village.
    Red/Tan 575 SuperAmerica in hwy 82 west of Basalt.

Life is good.

21. dreams_and_aspirations

Jul 15, 2006
    Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Spotted a SuperAmerica in Vail by the soccer fields (next to the golf course) on Friday night around 9:30-10:00 pm, most likely the same machine. Rarest car I've ever seen on the road with out a show or rally in town.

22. ferraripanoz

ferraripanoz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 24, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    A silver Bentley GT on Sunday going south on I-25 a little past 120th.

23. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado
    Maserati MC12 today in Fort Collins. Sorry i didn't get any pic. Very wide back end, and it still had the new car smell.

24. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Wow! Was this at a dealer or on the road or what?

25. -AC

-AC Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 4, 2004
    Colorado

The car is on its way to Canada for an event. The car was delivered to the owner here in town and they are now driving it up the rest of the way.