Fellow F-Chatter needs help! | FerrariChat

Fellow F-Chatter needs help!

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by PrancingHorseGirl06, Aug 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PrancingHorseGirl06

Jun 15, 2006
    Bend, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Terra
    Hi Guys! I need your help. But first, please don't laugh, because I know most of you will think this is a silly request, but it really means a lot to me. Oh-and keep in mind...I'm young-ok?

So, on September 7th, my FAVORITE artist, Justin Timberlake, is coming to Portland (he'll be at the Rose Garden). I was able to score some free tix, but being the HUGE fan I am, I am trying to obtain backstage passes for my best friend and I.
    We have been HUGE Justin fans (going on 10 years now) since we were kids and it has always been a dream of our to meet him.
    So here is where I need some help...does anyone have any connections at the Rose Garden, or could help me in any way? I'll even take you out for drinks on that Saturday the 8th...hey free drinks are always good (of course you have to be of age) LOL.
    Anything, or any advice (other than growing up, and not liking Justin) is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Forza Ferrari!!

Terra

2. MordaloMVD

MordaloMVD F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 7, 2005
    WA
    Full Name:
    Michael von Ditter

Contact his management types.

3. Bruce McKinney

Bruce McKinney Karting

Jan 15, 2004
    Tigard, OR
    Full Name:
    Bruce McKinney
    Terra,

I have been around concerts long enough (was - Sr. Events Manager at the coliseum in Portland for quite a few years). The bigger the star, the tougher to acquire back stage passes will be. And, as we all know, JT is HUGE right now. The Rose Garden can't help you. Its the road crew management that issues the passes and it all depends on how stringent the artist wants his back stage privacy and security to be. You and a few thousand other young ladies all have the same desire. Sometimes the artist will do a "meet and greet" where you are ushered into a room, get a quicky picture and your off - but those are usually few and far between.

I have also seen several artists use the "seek and destroy" method. Usually heavy metal bands, it goes something like this.......road manager heads out into the crowd to select a few "lovelies" that match the artists taste in the opposite sex. Your ammunition to get you noticed is a short short skirt, tight top, equipment to fill it out and a nearly orgasmic reaction to the performer. A flash of flesh during the concert will definately help get you noticed as well. If selected, you WILL be issued a VIP backstage pass by the road manager and put in line with other "like" young ladies and ushered in to "meet" the band :). Some ladies were even given the "privelage" of getting on the tour bus with the boys. Don't know if JT handles his post performance entertainment this way, but you never know. Of course, this scenario provides unlimited entertainment for every roadie, concert management staff as well as building staff - great fun to watch. Don't know if you will want to go to such extremes, but good luck in either case.

B

4. PrancingHorseGirl06

Jun 15, 2006
    Bend, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Terra
    Hey guys. Thanks for the advice. I figured it would be difficult, but it never hurts to try.

I thought about the short skirt, tight top method, but I honestly don't want to be one of those girls...but if it works, might as well try right? LOL

I appreciate you guys giving me some pointers. Thanks!!

5. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Having seen this: (caution: language)
    http://www.thedailyreel.com/spotlight/coffee-break/archive/2006/12/18/d-in-a-box
    I think "Seek and Destroy" just might work for JT .... ROFLMAO.

6. PrancingHorseGirl06

Jun 15, 2006
    Bend, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Terra
    LOL! I love that skit.

Maybe I should show up wearing a box. LOL