Group20 | FerrariChat

Group20

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Kam, Aug 14, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kam

Kam Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    London. UK
    Full Name:
    Kam Singh
    Following on from the Zonda thread below:
    http://www.thebestemployee.com/forum/showthread.php?t=162750

Was interested to see some comments about Group20. Thought I'd fill you in on my initial conversations with them and see if anyone has had a similar experience.

Basically, I called them about an annual membership after seeing the posts on PH. Was quite interested as I'd considered Ecurie and P1 but felt the mileage / points limitations didn't give me enough driving days for my money. I went through all the basics to ensure I would qualify for membership i.e. age, driving history, etc with no problems.

The sting in the tail came later on when I asked about the 2/3 day rental period. The company states you can borrow the Zonda for 2 days at a time and the rest of the fleet for 3 days at a time. This was going to be a problem for me as I wanted a car to take on the EuroTour for 7 days so I thought I'd be honest and ask upfront if they could let me have a decent car (i.e. F430 Spyder, Gallardo, etc) for one 7 day period in the year. Initially I was told that they had agreed this for other customers so if shouldn't be a problem and they just needed confirmation from someone higher up.

Well, you probably guessed but the phone call came the next day saying it would not be possible so I didn't proceed and let the sales guy know exactly why.

I wasn't annoyed that they said no as it does clearly state on the website the rental restrictions but a bit miffed that they treated others members differently as some had been allowed to borrow cars for longer periods.

Also, the sales had the nerve to call me back a month later to ask if I was still interested, I replied "have you changed your rental terms" he said "No" so I said "goodbye".

Are there any good supercar companies out there?, have to say that my experience with the sales guys and Ecurie and P1 was excellent and if I could live with the limited use I'd join but I'd probably burn up my points in a couple of weeks.

2. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    If they didnt have the Zonda, would it be worth £16,000 for the first year? Looking at the pics, I wouldnt buy.

3. Kam

Kam Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    London. UK
    Full Name:
    Kam Singh
    Hi Ade,

the sales guy told me they would be buying a lot more cars over the next few months. Similar to how Ecurie started, they only had a few cars but now the portfolio has grown to some real nice motors.

I still wouldn't deal Group20 after how they treated my application.

4. simpleton7890

simpleton7890 Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Global
    i believe their car inventory is pretty standard as far as high end rental goes and the Zonda is truly their selling point. To impress they have to step their game up as it were. A 599 would be impressive :D

5. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Kam, don't waste your money on those companies. You could buy a good elise for the money they want.

6. fun-meter

fun-meter Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2006
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis
    Havent had any experience with either, but looked into both for my dad a few months ago. Personally, I think the P1 seems to better option. As if you manage you points well, you could still get a similar amount of driving days for a variety of cars. Also, they have loads of cars, well established and they are on the ball with new cars (and not many limits). Also the 'fair usage' scheme that Group 20 use, in conjunction with how you are allowed to book cars, limits what cars you can use (i.e. you cant use the same car for a while) and doesnt seem to allow you to choose the flexibility of the days. I do think they are a good idea though, worth considering in my opinion.

7. modena

modena F1 Rookie
    BANNED

May 14, 2006
    Full Name:
    John
    I think P1 would be the best out of them all, purely because of their amazing fleet. Also consider Revo 250. They are based in London, Marbella, Geneva and Miami among others locations across the world - an excellent choice if you are a frequent traveller.

8. simpleton7890

simpleton7890 Karting

Apr 10, 2006
    Global
    i was trying to remember the name of revo earlier but my mind went blank. the daily mail sent a journalist to try out the revo experience last year sometime. its great if u want to experience the FULL jetset lifestyle inc yachts and stuff , and it was rated highly by the mail. if you want pure cars though then im assuming p1 is the leader in the field

9. Ravi355

Ravi355 Karting

Feb 20, 2005
    In the Country
    Full Name:
    Ravi
    Kam, I'm a member of Group 20 and they are very good and show real flexibility. It's about give and take. The fair play policy reflects their business goal of 450 members, but at the moment its not that big so there is a very high degree of flexibility in the system and the fleet is growing - Cayman, 997 Turbo cab, Randge rover sport supercharged, cayenne turbo arriving in the next few weeks. There is also talk of a murci and I would bet on a 599 arriving early next year.

I have been a member of Ecurie and the 2 that run / own it (Erik Fairbairn and Flora) are a pair of idiots who haven't got a clue how to respect members and try to retrospectively provide for events that aren't in their terms of business so I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole, and with P1 you don't get as many days in the cars.

If you want to speak to the guy I deal with call / Pm me and I'll give you his details or if you have a day off come down with me when I next pick up one of their cars and talk to them.