Chico Concours Sept 9 | FerrariChat

Chico Concours Sept 9

Discussion in 'California & Nevada (Northern)' started by sjvalin, Aug 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjvalin

sjvalin Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2004
    Nevada County, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Valin
    Being a CSU, Chico alumni, I have a fondness for this town. They hold an annual concours that's pretty low key and very nice. I'll be bringing my Daytona there this year. I'd love to see other older Ferrari and Italian cars. Early entry ends Aug 24th, but the entry deadline is Sept 4. You don't have to have your car judged.

http://www.chicoconcours.com/

-steve

2. CossieMan45578

CossieMan45578 Karting

Feb 9, 2007
    sacramento/chico
    no way!

i'm a a student there but I'm studying abroad it italy leaving the end of this month...one of the only downers about going there is the only exotic i ever saw was a 355 owner who drove it around up there. no childish excitement from seeing a murci turn the corner or something. haha...oh well.

3. sjvalin

sjvalin Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2004
    Nevada County, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Valin
    Oops! Make that Aug 20th for early entry ($25). It goes up to a whopping $35 after that.

-steve

4. sjvalin

sjvalin Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2004
    Nevada County, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Valin
    When I was a student there (20+ years ago), I was surprised at how many interesting cars were in the area. Lots of British cars (my daily driver there was a Bugeye Sprite which I still have). I knew of a Maserati Bora, Renault R5 Turbo, and Bizzarini 5300 Stradale! Apparently there were more interesting cars tucked away in barns by the local farmers. Wonder what's up there now?

Sorry you can't make it, but I hear there's lots of cool stuff in Italy! :)

-steve

5. CossieMan45578

CossieMan45578 Karting

Feb 9, 2007
    sacramento/chico
    yeah i've heard that there's still a lot of nice automobiles up there hidden away. they put in some very expensive housing in a private community up near bidwell, and from the occasional viper and the like i've seen in there i'm guessing there are more exotics and cars of interest around there. they're bound to come out for the concours though.

6. Choptop

Choptop F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2004
    Carmichael, CA
    Full Name:
    Alan Galbraith
    I graduated in 87. Lots of cool cars in the area. We used to hang out at the classic car dealership downtown. Lots of funky stuff in there.

ahhh... memorieeeeeeees....

Pioneer Days, The Missile Silos, Wash-out, 5-Mile, Bear Hole.... I had one class that met at The Bear.

7. sjvalin

sjvalin Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2004
    Nevada County, CA
    Full Name:
    Steve Valin
    *Bump*

Anyone bringing a car? It's not too late! Let's see some interesting older Italian cars! I don't want to be the only one!

TK - bring your latest acquisition. That will blow some minds!

-steve

8. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    How many cars are there usually? Can you name some from last year, both old AND new or any you know that will be attending this year. Thanks :)