The Zonda F | FerrariChat

The Zonda F

Discussion in 'Other Italian' started by maranelloman, Aug 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maranelloman

maranelloman Rookie

Aug 17, 2007
    Southern Italy
    #1 maranelloman, Aug 18, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    Onestamente non mi sembra proprio una Zonda F.
    Semmai una Zonda S.

3. maranelloman

maranelloman Rookie

Aug 17, 2007
    Southern Italy
    You're right,the photos are not of Zonda F, it was my little mistake.
    It's an old Zonda S Moscow blue.

I'll send some photos of the new F version.

Greetings from La Condamine,

Peppe

4. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    Those pics seem quite old.
    Even those in the other thread you started are quite old.

Can you just tell me when you had your visit?

5. maranelloman

maranelloman Rookie

Aug 17, 2007
    Southern Italy
    #5 maranelloman, Aug 18, 2007

I don't remember very well, I think was near 2004 in December.
    I've also two photos taken during my second tour but I don't remember if it was Summer or Winter 2005.

The black Zonda is the S Roadster version.

Enjoy it.

Greetings from La Condamine,

Peppe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. DriveAfterDark

DriveAfterDark F1 Veteran

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    There was no F in the Zonda range in 2004.

7. maranelloman

maranelloman Rookie

Aug 17, 2007
    Southern Italy
    Hey,

I've showed the S not the F.

Do you've any alphabetical problem? I'm joking my friend.

I hope do you know the difference between the S and the F, have you never seen the Zonda, live!!!

Ciao bello,

Peppe

8. AceAndy

AceAndy Karting

Mar 8, 2007
    Torino, Italia
    in those factory pics (first one) it looks like the rear shell of the Monza propped on the wall!

9. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

Of course I know the difference :) Nevermind.

But is the Zonda facility open for tourists, or is it a invite only facility? I sure would loved to go there as well if I ever come to Italy for visiting Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Thanks.

10. CarbonFiber

CarbonFiber Karting

Apr 23, 2007
    near Venezia
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Pagani is the only company wich permits to every fan to take a free tour of its factory.
    I went there 2 times, and they always appreciates interests by car lovers.
    You must contact the factory by e-mail or telephone, and they fix a date.
    It's a real magic place.

For contact them http://www.paganiautomobili.it/

11. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway

Thank you. I will try to visit them next spring. It has to be worth it.

12. maranelloman

maranelloman Rookie

Aug 17, 2007
    Southern Italy
    #12 maranelloman, Aug 19, 2007

Hello my friend,

I love the precision, I'm an engineer. As regard the Factory tour, there're two kinds of tour.
    The first it's for the Zonda enthusiasts and the second for the potential purchasers. Of course the first is the simply fast tour of the Factory, not all workrooms are showed, you can take some photos, you can see the Zonda live and the V12 sound and at the end you can buy a Pagani souvenir (not expensive). If you're very, very lucky you can see mr. Horacio Pagani for few instants.

The second is very different, it's the VIP Pagani Automobili full immersion day. The Facory tour is complete, you can see all details, you can ask anything, you'll go personally with mr. Pagani. Usually the tour is in the morning, then the guests have a lunch with mr. Pagani.
    In the afternoon you can drive the Zonda (please note, no test drive if the weather is bad, little precaution, the Zonda is not a SUV!!)
    If you buy the Porsche GT3 RS, Porsche recommends do not use it with rain or bad weather conditions. Can you imagine what can happen with the Zonda F on the wet? Oohhhppps....no ESP. It's indispensable to have a great experience in sports cars.
    In Italy it's called "manico".
    After you'll receive the sales pack (brochure, dvd, drawing, scale model, etc..) and if you've $$$ or €€€, you can reserve your Zonda F, currrent delivery time January 2009.

If you call the Factory in San Cesario sul Panaro (phone +39 (0)59952802) you can ask to talk with mr. Alberto Giovannelli, he's a very kind person.

Greeetings from Southern Italy
    Beautiful places, wonderful sea, wonderful weather, wonderful food, wonderful women and crazy life.
    (Italian by birth, Southern by the Grace of God)

Peppe
    (or "le criminal de la route", as I'm called in La Condamine)

Ciao bello..

13. DriveAfterDark

Jan 1, 2007
    Norway
    That was great information, thank you so much! :) Potential Zonda F buyer, I wish ;)

That was some delievery time, 1.5 years! I heard that they were moving out to a bigger plant because of the great demand... I hope Pagani survives over the years to come, I see a new shiny star on the hypercar heaven...

His attention to details is admirable...

14. CarbonFiber

CarbonFiber Karting

Apr 23, 2007
    near Venezia
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    It depends by the period you choose to visit the factory... In my first visits in 2004 I visited all the ground-floor rooms (showroom, assembly room, and the machine-shop), I talked a lot with mr. Pagani, and they let me set inside an english Zonda S.
    Of course, now, till half 2009, no one can visit the "backstage", because as we know they're working on the Zonda R, and the "after-Zonda" model wich will be delivered in 2009, so they don't want show to people they're secret stuff...

Tell us if you'll be a lucky one! ;)

15. maranelloman

maranelloman Rookie

Aug 17, 2007
    Southern Italy

Many years ago, the great Gianni Agnelli, during an interview for Italian televesion program, answered to a question about women. His reply was:

first in Italian <<c'è chi parla di donne e chi invece parla con le donne, a me non piace parlare di donne>>

it means in English <<someone says about women, someone talks with women instead, I don't like to say about women>>

I wish to take this great words of a great man and a great "viveur", of course with a little alteration (the cars in lieu of women) and to use them in this situation for my reply about the Zonda R and the "2009 model year"???

My reply is this <<someone says about sports cars, someone talks with sports cars makers instead>>

My dear Venetian friend, the "R" model currently is only on the paper (the project is ambitious and very expensive) and the new Zonda (it's only an exercise of style, for the moment), is developed by Modena Design (of course it's owned by Pagani, it was the first Society created by Horacio Pagani in Italy, when he worked for Lamborghini).

Well, so I can say: <<before to talk, it's very important to make sure to know the right matter>>

Whit my best regards.

Ciao,

Peppe

16. CarbonFiber

CarbonFiber Karting

Apr 23, 2007
    near Venezia
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    I agree with your post, in its general sense, but I don't know why you talk to me in this sarcastic way...
    I don't think I've wrote foolish things.

I could say the same thing to you.

With respect, and without polemics...

Regards, Alberto.

17. maranelloman

maranelloman Rookie

Aug 17, 2007
    Southern Italy
    Ciao Alberto,

scusami ma non volevo minimamente offendere la tua sensibilità, la mia era una divagazione un pò "filosofica".

Saluti

Peppe

18. CarbonFiber

CarbonFiber Karting

Apr 23, 2007
    near Venezia
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Nessun problema, non mi sono minimamente offeso, solo mi pareva di notare un certo sarcasmo ed un certo atteggiamento del tipo "io so, tu no" che credimi, se cosi fosse, non sta in piedi, poichè anch'io ho dei contatti in giro.
    Ma probabilmente, non essendo inglese madrelingua, ho male interpretato il tuo "tono" nella discussione.

Saluti dal piovoso nord,

Alberto.

19. maranelloman

maranelloman Rookie

Aug 17, 2007
    Southern Italy

Meglio così, abbiamo "evitato il palo".

Quando si scambiano informazioni, fosse al bar o in una chat, a volte si viene presi dal desiderio di dare per primo la news.

L'importante che non ci sia cattiveria e menzogna. Non avrebbe senso in situazioni del genere.

Siamo tutti appassionati e cultori della auto sportive ed è importante far circolare le informazioni che ognuno i noi possiede.

Presumo tu non sia un giovincello, altrimenti avresti reagito diversamente. Io sono over 40 ma under 50 ed èun piacere discutere di dettagli

(tecnici e non). Qualora tu abbia notizie "calde", je suis ici.

A bientot.

Saluti da Monaco.

P.S. in questi istanti stò guardando, su La7, la replica della finale della coppa el mondo Italia-Francia. Sono in compagnia di alcuni "amici" Francesi. Ci manca solo il grande Edoardo De Filippo!!!!

20. CarbonFiber

CarbonFiber Karting

Apr 23, 2007
    near Venezia
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Ciao!
    Riguardo l'età io ho 25 anni, ma è tutto di pubblico dominio all'interno del mio profilo...
    Per le news, io non ho mai avuto foga di rivelare niente, e tantomeno di inventare qualcosa. Per quanto riguarda la Zonda R e l'"after-Zonda", i loro periodi di uscita, ed il fatto che siano in fase di sviluppo, sono cose (ufficiosamente) conosciute, e confermate da gente che ne sa, basta leggere nei thread dedicati alla Zonda proprio qui su Fchat, io non ho fatto altro che riportarle.
    E concordo assolutamente con te sul fatto che non ci sia bisogno di menzogne e cattiveria, perchè non ne verrebbe niente in tasca a nessuno.
    Poi, comunque, siamo tutti comuni mortali, e attendiamo notizie e dati ufficiali...

P.s: complimenti per i tuoi "possedimenti"
    ...mhhh...le caratteristiche della tua F430? :D

21. Clubsport78

Clubsport78 Formula 3

Sep 7, 2005
    D-Nbg
    Full Name:
    Marco A.
    La Condamine? Solo oggi torno da due giorni a Montecarlo!

Ma porc... Vabbè, tanto ci si vede al Top Marques ad aprile 2008!;)

Saluti da Roma Capitale!

Marco.

22. kelch

kelch Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Ont, Canada
    Full Name:
    Brett
    I would very much like to travel to Italy and get the tour of the factory! maybe early next year...

The zonda F is by far my favourite car. If I can ever afford one...

Nothing makes me smile more than such a high quality car being built in Ferrari's backyard which can outperform the Enzo in most ways.

23. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    zonda F rocks .. saw one up close, and the sound is sweet

24. maranelloman

maranelloman Rookie

Aug 17, 2007
    Southern Italy
    Hello my friend,

please don't listen the sports cars magazines (do you know the Italian tale entitled Pinocchio, do you know the characters named "the cat" and "the fox", well, the magazines are like them), all sports cars journalistes are...............(gifts, dinners, week ends with cars and moooore).

The Zonda is a great sports car, the Pagani Automobili is a point of reference in sportscars field and Horacio Pagani is a great gentleman but.....,

the Enzo (read the FXX) is a different matter.

I think, and I'm talking as a mechancal engineer, between the Zonda S and the Enxxo, there're three or four years of technological gap.
    The Enzo (and its descenting the FXX) are most advanced than Zonda.

We can talk about the engine, please note I'm a great AMG enthusiast, well the Maranello V12 compared with the Affalterbach engine, this last seems like a motor hoe engine, it's rude and not linear during its work. Please remember only two people can make the V12, first the Italian and second the English. The AMG & M (read BMW) engines are good only for "German autobahn". Gooo, 5000 rpm, 6000rpm, 7000rpm.

The problem is when it works near 2500-4000rpm, oohhppsss, where's the engine... oh my god, it's on the magazines pages!!!!

We must plunge into the technical details (materials, innovations, constructive details and more), it will be the KO!!

Different situation is for the German V10 (BMW and Porsche, the late lamented Carrera GT engine), simply "masterwerke".

The V10' have a German name!!!!!!

to be continued..........

After we can talk about the body, or if you wish about the women body.........the French women or Italian women, this is the problem.

By.

25. P1 Groupe

P1 Groupe Rookie

Mar 25, 2006
    La vita e troppo corta per non guidare Italiano

P1