Useless but cool... | FerrariChat

Useless but cool...

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by 360 Spyder, Aug 23, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    So today I went into a store to buy a drink. I paid for it and got my change. I get home, take all the change out of my pocket and glance through it real quick to see if there is anything interesting. Well... today I found a 100 Lire piece! On the face it has "REPVBBLICA ITALIANA" on it and a womans head. Backside says 100 LIRE 1993 with what looks like a hummingbird on top and a dolphin on the bottom.

Some here may not think it's cool... but I do because I live in the U.S. and have a passion for Ferrari and it's not everyday you find coins from that far away in your pocket change!

2. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    That is the missing Lire from the Hemmings collection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Holy Cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Ambassiatore

Ambassiatore Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2007
    Full Name:
    David Figueredo T.
    ...is this a joke?...what are the odds of that!

4. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Um, yeah, and you hit the powerball yesterday and your new Enzo will be delivered on saturday.:D:D Gotta do better than that! ;) But trying the "Hemmings 1993 100 Lire coin from a Coke machine" story is pretty original. B- :D

Dave

5. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Ok... I have no idea what the "Hemmings Lire" is and I did not ask for all the sarcasm I am getting from this.

I found a coin in my pocket. It happened to be a 100 Lire piece. I figured maybe someone else here would think it to be interesting as well as I so i posted about it. Guess I was wrong.

If you do not believe me then fine... I know what I found and you have no clue as to what I did or did not find. I would post a pic but since I do not feel this forum is worth paying for due to the elistist's and snobbery, I am not allowed to post them.

6. furious_ferrari

furious_ferrari F1 Rookie

Nov 25, 2005
    Vancouver, Canada
    Full Name:
    Phil
    this thread is useless without pics.

7. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Just joking with you dude!! I think it would be pretty cool to find a piece like that..Lighten up...

8. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    So you've been hanging around for over 3 years and don't join because you hate all of us for being eliteist snobs, but are in Level 1 Panty Bunching by some mild good-natured ball-breaking?!?! Dude! If you're 15, well then that explains it, if you're older, better loosen that clock spring a few clicks or it's Coronary-City here you come! Cheezus!

:D

Dave

9. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Very very easy to explian... I stayed off this board for well over two years because of the snobbery and other crap. I recently thought that maybe the board had matured. Boy was I wrong!

"Level 1 ball-breaking"? Hmm... just about anything I have posted anywhere on this forum has been met with such garbage.

This is my final post. Moderator, you may feel free to remove my user id as I will not be returning to this place.