456 New Owner, Thanks for the advise FC.COM | FerrariChat

456 New Owner, Thanks for the advise FC.COM

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by ihassan, Aug 24, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ihassan

ihassan Rookie

Jul 8, 2007
    Southern California
    On July 8th, I posted a thread "Buying a 456 for the first time." in which I mentioned that I was looking to purchase a 456. I ended up with a 1999 GTA M with 16,700 miles black on black with FX performance exhaust. I was lucky enough to find the car I liked here in the southern california area. The car is truly amazing and I now have a greater appreciation for Italians in general. A friend of mine told me not to turn the radio/cd player on in the car so that I could enjoy the "crescendo" of the exhaust and engine. I now understand what he meant.

I want to take this opportunity to thank the 40 or so ferrari chat members that gave me advise and input. Thanks especially to DONV, SonomaRik, 45Six, AndyE, Ross, and GTB4NART (I hope I didn't miss anyone) for taking time to answer my questions with great detail. I don't know who all of you are but maybe our paths will cross.

In my opinion, the 456 is timeless in both fit and finish on the interior and exterior. I absolutely love the car and would recommend to anyone looking at buying a comfortable exotic sports car that can fit more than two people.

Thanks again ferrari chat members. See you all on the roads.

2. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    #2 JazzyO, Aug 25, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    Sooo, what kind, year, colour, etc. etc. of 456 did you end up buying?
    Pictures are worth 1,000 words...

4. GTB4NART

GTB4NART Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2004
    Enjoy the car and thanks for the giveback response!

The 456 is really a car that can do it ALL very well. A big sunroof would be nice though.

5. ihassan

ihassan Rookie

Jul 8, 2007
    Southern California
    #5 ihassan, Aug 25, 2007
  6. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    #6 godzilla, Aug 26, 2007
    Cool! About to pick up a TdF blue one myself next week, again thanks to many on here, especially Modificata!

Sorry to spend your money for you, but you NEED to get yourself a set of these:

I have!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    I really like the car. What mods have been done other than the wheels? Is the a body kit and where the tailights painted?

8. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    Well, when you correct your mistakes you do it with class my friend! Two blondes and a brunette, well done!

Car is gorgeous, BTW. Congrats!!

Onno

9. davyr6

davyr6 Karting

Feb 17, 2007
    belgium
    Full Name:
    davy
    +1

10. open roads

open roads F1 Rookie

Jan 28, 2007
    Sarasota, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Thats hot. Thanks for the pics.

That was my choice of color before I got silver.

Very hot.

Congrats.

11. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    nice car. hope you enjoy it.

12. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    David

Love the wheels. When do they arrive?

13. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    Later this week hopefully. I'll post pics once they're on.

I need to choose an exhaust too. Quicksilver or Tubi? I don't want anything too loud or droney; it is still a family car and I have loud sports cars for when I want to have fun! Just a nicely made system that allows the V12 to howl a bit.

14. ihassan

ihassan Rookie

Jul 8, 2007
    Southern California
    My car came with an FX performance exhaust (i think), and it sounds sweet. My son (11years old loves the sound, my daughter 8, doesn't know the differrence, and my wife says at least i know when you are headed for the garage because she can hear me when i am 30 seconds from home. If you are in the southern california area, then i would be happy to meet you and let you hear it. Let me know. I've heard the tubi creates a resonating sound on the freeway in the cabin. this is however unconfirmed and could be hearsay. For whatever, its worth, I love the way mine sounds on start up and while running.

Good Luck

15. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
    The Tubi on my 550 is certainly very liveable on the highway, and doesn't resonate, but it may be a bit too loud for long jaunts with the wife. It is also quite loud below 1500rpms, which may not appeal for taking the family car to the local Walmart, Godzilla. I recommend you try and meet someone of the forum to have a listen for yourself - it is very difficult to assess these systems from personal impressions from owners.

Onno