INTERNET SHOPPING SCAM. BEWARE ! | FerrariChat

INTERNET SHOPPING SCAM. BEWARE !

Discussion in '360/430' started by Uomo360F1, Aug 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    This also posted on G.D. Chapter.

Watch out for internet purchases with TRADEBIT INC. They are posting Ferrari repair/shop manuals on CD for USD $ 49.99. Once you unfold your CC #, they E Mail you two heavy files with what they claim to be the manual contents. These files are corrupt and CANNOT be opened.
    In addition, they claim to send you a CD "just in case" the E Files do not open.
    No CDs either, and my Mailman drives a Pontiac.
    TRADEBIT INC. is on E Bay,a nd Amazon. If you want to make a claim, they never answer your E mails, or faxes. No telephone number to talk to a CSR. E Bay, Pay Pal, Tarzan and the Amazons, and National Congress cannot even do a darn thing to get your money back.

2. BritBlaster

BritBlaster F1 Rookie

Jul 25, 2005
    Bellevue, WA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    You should be able to initiate a "chargeback" with your credit-card company in the case of such a fraud.

3. DonBecker

DonBecker Rookie

Aug 22, 2006
    Full Name:
    Don Becker
    What would you tell them though?

That the counterfeit copyrighted material you ordered you never received?

4. tradebit

tradebit Rookie

Dec 29, 2007
    Folks, tradebit is a group of hard-working honest guys and errors happen. First of all: we do not sell stuff, we host merchants who sell via us. So, that manual seems to be posted by a merchant. Secondly: we DO refund ALL sales in question which are sold via us. If you have complaint and NOT received a refund, mail me personally the paypal details and I will take care of it! We have a hard time to herd all our merchants into a quality area...

And before you connect the word SCAM to my trademark the next time, just call me, the number is online!

Regards,
    Ralf Schwoebel, CEO
    Tradebit, Inc.
    http://www.tradebit.com/channels/

5. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    Mr. Schwoebel:

Tradebit is the SOLE responsible for all their transactions, and to prompty respond and resolve all issues pertraining customer service. Unfortunately Sir, the company you represent at the time I wanted to make a claim, did not post a telephone number to contact and talk DIRECTLY to a CSR. Only a fax number and the E Mail address [email protected]. I did, Mister, sent four E mails and a fax, and NEVER EVER received one SINGLE reply from YOU or ANY Tradebit representative.
    So with all due respect, and before you dare posting on this forum again, because yes, I am not the only one who had a NEGATIVE expecience with TRADEBIT, I strongly suggest you and your Board of Directors get your s..@t togeher put a telephone number and a LIVE CSR, to remedy my claim and the ones from many reputable members of this forum. Shame on you !!

Only afyour to any claims by its custometrs

6. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    The truth of the matter, Sir, is the FACT that I paid your company for a product which never arrived. In addition, my attempts to contact a representative have been unsuccessful due to lack of response from TRADEBIT (again, your company). You have my money and I have no product.
    This is called fraud, or SCAM, whether you like it or not. Enough said.

7. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    I looked at the site, there is not even a phone number to get help. Probably try a charge back on your credit card. No fun for sure.

8. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    I did that Dave. Unfortunately, the folks from VISA are still "investigating" my claim.
    AMEX would have taken care of this long time ago.

9. RayJohns

RayJohns F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2006
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    Ray
    If you guys need manuals for the 360, I have a fantastic collection (well over $500 worth) in PDF that I have collected/purchased over the last year or so for my car. I'd like to recoup some of my costs, so if anyone is interested, PM me for details.

Ray

10. tradebit

tradebit Rookie

Dec 29, 2007
    Ok, one more try: there is a phone number and it is german... i understand, if you do not call there. But I come PROACTIVELY here to help and get the heat. I think you just hate it!

Mail me personally the payment details and we will solve your problem: puzzler(at)tradebit.com

If you never got an answer on email, you are for sure sorted into spam.

And: no, tradebit is not solely responsible for the transactions on the system from a legal view. We are registered officially under the DMCA and if someone uploads something which violates copyrights, we remove it, but on complaints not on suspicion!

Nonetheless are we working hard to solve ANY problem, even coming to forums and posting. The board of directors is me, so I try my best.

11. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    There is a German phone number here (top right): http://www.tradebit.com/about-company.php

12. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Well then, if that's indeed the case, you should not hesitate to refund this disgruntled customer and take it up with the "Merchant" who depends on your good services to market himself. Consider it an investment in your own business and a sign of good faith in front of a lot of affluent people/would be clients.... ;)

Good PR for an upstanding EBAY'er like you, don't you think?

13. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Post the eBay account so we can all see the trading pattern. Is there much other negative?
    I tried TRADEBIT as a guess and it came back as registered but not used here:
    http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=tradebit&ftab=AllFeedback

Have faith your credit card will secure you.

eBay is a heaven for scam

14. BradM360

BradM360 Karting

Oct 20, 2006
    Helsinki, Finland
    For heaven's sake.... Tradebit is a market place, not the seller... I really do not understand the heat You are giving them...

ok, must admit eBay is more secure... but then what... one should make the purchases through eBay then...

If You buy something through eBay, the cover only part in a case of fraud. I feel Tradebit people are doing everything to make this up already.

15. Finitele

Finitele Formula 3

Sep 26, 2007
    DBC
    Full Name:
    DIR
    Tradebit listed the auction on EBAY and now you say they are not the seller so they not responsible?

Is the Ferrari Shop manual in the Free Download area?
    http://www.ferraridatabase.com/The_Downloads/Downloads.htm

16. BradM360

BradM360 Karting

Oct 20, 2006
    Helsinki, Finland
    C'mon...check their site and all the answer's they're trying to give. I think they are doing everything they can to make everything OK.

We should not exaccurrate ( difficul word, sorry if spelled wrong) this here... I have not received many so intense response they are giving here ever.

If they can settle it between the parties, we should stop this thread here, right??

17. Uomo360F1

Uomo360F1 Formula Junior

Aug 24, 2007
    As far as I am concerned, Tradebit IS actually the seller, since they posted the item and took my money.
    Their site may have answers, and this and that. But it has been 6 months, and I'm still waiting for my item.
    So, what answers are they trying to give? Phone number in Europe, when they advertise under USA Tradebit?

So, my Fin friend, when someone takes your money, do you call it "exaggerate"?

18. Stew

Stew Formula Junior

Apr 16, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Let me guess, the next excuse will be "I was only following orders" ;)

Regards,

Stew

p.s. so I try my best ?

19. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    ......................crickets.............................