Ferrari Chat Golfers Check-In Please | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Ferrari Chat Golfers Check-In Please

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TheBigEasy, Aug 20, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rspike

rspike Karting

May 5, 2007
    queens ny
    Full Name:
    bobby
    mcgregor irons ,blade to cavity back ,forged ,titlist 10.5 driver about a 15 hc distance driver 380 yrds 3wood 330 yrds don't play much 15 rounds a year or so public courses in nyc

2. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Quick question, if you are hitting it 380 then why are you using as much as 10.5 degrees of loft on your driver? 8.0 would seem more appropriate because at 10.5 that ball must be a mile high!

3. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    Sorry, anyone who goes 380 off the tee can not possibly be a 15 HC. If the average par 4 is 400-430 then all your second shots are 100 yards or less. If you can't get down in 4 or less strokes from 100 yards (after your tee shot...thus making a bogey) there is no possible way you can hit a drive 380!

4. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    pwned

5. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    Im so new to golf that i have no idea what each club is for. But i am very good with the putter :).

Im moving to AZ for a bit and there are numerous golf courses around, might as well play a bit.

Random question, im new to this...but whats the regulation for golf clubs on a plane? Just get one of those travling cases.

John

6. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    On the plane you just check it (usually you claim it in oversize luggage)... a hard case isn't required, but you're better off if you don't want damage, but I've used just a heavy canvas cover/bag before also.

7. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Technically that could very well happen if the person's swing isn't making the cut. He very well may be able to hit a ball 380 yards, but that might be a 1 out of 20 event and the potential to hit a ball wayyyyyy O.B. is pretty high since swinging hard only accentuates the poor shots.

8. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    Gracias por todo. :)

John

9. rspike

rspike Karting

May 5, 2007
    queens ny
    Full Name:
    bobby
    my game lacks greatly in being consistant, my 5 iron goes around 225 ,borrowed a tour stiff 3 wood off the t hit it 330 .loose alot in the woods push or snap hook, don't play enough shaft to soft need tour stiff , 10.5 because I don't play enough . If ever in nyc we will play !

10. rspike

rspike Karting

May 5, 2007
    queens ny
    Full Name:
    bobby
    it is !!!

11. stugots

stugots Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    PDX
    Full Name:
    B T L
    For me bogey golf is a good day...

Usually play Stone Creek in Oregon weekly or more, but some of my best times have been night golf with Darth in LA...

Callaway X-tour Driver 8.5
    Callaway X-tour 15 fairway wood
    3-PW Callaway Fusions steel shafts
    Vokey 52, 56, 60- the 56 and 60 are spin milled
    Cameron Newport 1.5
    Pro v-1's or HX-tour

I use a Club Glove travel bag, if you travel alot spend the money on one, you won't regret it...

12. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Callaway Big Bertha 11% Driver. Swap out sometimes with Taylor Made Midsize 9% driver.
    Dunlop Tour Series 15% 3 wood
    Dunlop Tour Serries 21.5% 5 wood
    Tommy Armour Silver Scot 845S Graphite/Boron Irons
    Otey Chrismon custom made hickory shaft big head putter
    60% lob wedge (wonderful utility short range club. Especially if your are buried in the sand at the lip of the trap next to the green with little green to work with).
    Ping carry bag.

And all that to say that I used to get to play a lot (7 handicap) but now get to play about once a year, whether I need it or not. Handicap now is probably astronomical.

Favorite course: TPC at Los Colinas. (Home of the Byron Nelson).
    Club at Mission Dorado. Links style course between Midland and Odessa, Texas.

13. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    Can a mod please move this to the new Sports forum? :)

14. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    PGA Professional in the UK
    Teach at Newport Golf Club in Wales

Clubs used
    Titlesit 905 R 9.5 degree UST V2 Stiff Flex
    Titlesit 907 15 degree UST V2 Stiff Flex
    Titlesit 585 H 19 degree UST V2 Stiff Flex

Titlesit 695 CB 4-PW
    Titleist Vokey 50, 56, 50
    Odyssey 2 ball XG Centre shaft

Pro V1 X
    Favourite course either St Georges Hill, The Berkshire or Hillside.
    Played a few in Florida which were pretty good too

If anyone is ever in Wales/UK contact me
    10 minutes from the Celtic Manor, venue for 2010 Ryder Cup

Paul

15. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Just found this thread!

I have the same irons 695CB 4-PW.. How do you like them? I really like the feel. I find the longer irons quite difficult - no forgiveness. Took the 3 iron out the bag and replaced it with a Titleist 585H 22 degree hybrid (love it). Steel stiff shaft.
    Have a TaylorMade 19 degree hybrid - Tour Preferred steel XS.
    Vokey 54 and 58

Cobra Composite 454 9 degree
    Titleist 3 wood

Scotty Cameron putter

Index 2.0. Braemar CC Los Angeles.

Certified golf nut!!

16. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Oh Titleist Pro-V1x. By far.

Played Troon North in Scottsdale yesterday. Pinnacle course. Pretty nice. Monument is also nice.

Favorite courses played Pebble, Spyglass, Olympic. Pinehurst 2,4,7 and 8. Fancourt South Africa (Presidents Cup 2003), Sun City (both courses, South Africa), Houghton, Killarney, Glendower, Royal Johannesburg, Wanderers, Mowbray, Rondebosch (All South Africa). Royal Harare, Wingate, Chapman (Zimbabwe courses). Princeville, Mauna Kea, Koolau (Hawaii). Riviera, Sherwood, Bel Air, Los Angeles. Torrey Pines South is nice too. Pelican Hill - nice courses, waiting for them to reopen. Madeiras - San Diego

Good but Overrated - Spanish Bay, Trump National Los Angeles, Poipu, La Costa, Aviara, Boulders (az), most vegas courses,

Thats it I'm tired.

Best

17. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    Well i have only been playing golf the past couple of weeks. Eh....its pretty hard learning solo, but i think im getting the hang of it thanks to Youtube and online videos lol.

I have my stance down, its really just the swing that im trying to work on. Its those little things that you change that can have a major impact on your shot.

A few questions from the golf pro's.

On a regular shot, is the ball suppose to be a little behind your left foot, or is it suppose to be cented between your legs? ive read so many different ways and im not to sure which position the ball should be.

Whats the grip form that you take for hitting a shot? At first i tried with your right pinky over lapping your left hand, but then i changed it to a basball grip.

I have only been to the driving range and so far i like my progress. Its just those little things that keep messin up a shot.

Any other pointers? Oh...btw, how long has everyone been playing for?

18. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    The ball position can vary by club. Rule of thumb the longer the club, the more towards your left foot. For example, for a driver the ball should be positioned just inside your left heel. For a pitching wedge it should be closer to the middle.

As to grip - there is no 100% right way. The majority of golfers use the overlapping grip also known as the Vardon grip. Baseball or interlocking are also two variants - although less common. Tiger Woods and Jack Nicklaus both use interlocking grips. The key is to esnure your grip is correct whichever method you choose..

19. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    The irons are great, best set of sticks i've had, really like the Titleist kit, properly made, looks the part with great feedback and feel. I've always used blades so for me the long irons in this set are slightly bigger than what I had been used to.
    I had a Titleist D2 driver at the start of the year but found it no better than the Titleist 905 R so I'm back on that now.
    I've tinkered with many Scotty Camerons but my putting needs all the help it can get so the Odyssey 2 ball fits that bill.

20. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    Thought i'de bump this thread.
    Hit the links yesterday, i was proud of myself for not going 30 over par but only 14. :D Im getting better. ha.
    Im starting to love the game more and more.

Any great books out there to learn from?
    I just got the Tiger Woods: How I play. Pretty good so far.

21. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
  22. Rosserboy

Rosserboy Karting

Apr 30, 2007
    Newport,South Wales
    Full Name:
    James Rosser
    Play at Newport Golf Club, South Wales
    Favourite Course-Naples Beach, Florida

Current Clubs:
    -R7 425 driver
    -Nike Ignite 3 wood
    -TaylorMade Rescue Fairway
    -Titleist 962 3-pw
    -TaylorMade Black 54 degree wedge
    -Nike 60 degree lob wedge

Currently play off a 12 handicap

23. DIGMAN52

DIGMAN52 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 30, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    Philip C
  24. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    Sweeet... Ill check them out. Thanks guys. :)

25. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Hi All, just found this thread....

24.5 index

Clubs in bag:
    Taylormade Burner Driver (10.5)
    Taylormade R5 Fairway woods (3, 5, 7)
    Taylormade V-Steel hybrid 4
    Taylormade 5-SW RAC LT Irons
    Taylormade Black 58 degree wedge
    Taylormade Rossa putter

I use Nike One TW balls

Belong to Sahara Golf and Country Club in Kuwait, Kuwait's only grass course

Favorite course: my home course

Anyone coming to Kuwait, let me know, bring your clubs (if you can) and we'll hit a few.

Mike in Kuwait