Any really special cars in Atlanta? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Any really special cars in Atlanta?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by ddemuro, Feb 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rosso_fanatic

rosso_fanatic Formula Junior

May 11, 2007
    Long Beach
    Full Name:
    Wes
    That's very impressive. I think you win the special car sighting award. I'll be on the lookout for that one. I hope it's local. We need more supercars here. We've got plenty of filthy rich people that could afford supercars of that level. We could be seeing a 288 GTO, F40, F50, or an Enzo but someone wont drive them around. *shakes fist humorously in air*

2. ddemuro

ddemuro Formula 3

Nov 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Local temporary plates? From where? Where on GA-400?

Hope it stays local...

3. UGAFerrariFan

UGAFerrariFan Rookie

Jun 6, 2005
    GA
    I happened to be driving by there on the way to a wedding during their big microcar show this year. The owner had his orange Murcielago, black Spyker and gray 997 Turbo there as well. Nice departure from the Isettas, etc.

4. andy308

andy308 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Andy
    I saw this car yesterday driving a few miles south of Clayton, GA (how random is that) which is about 1.5 hours north of Atlanta. We were on a small 2 lane road and it was going north into Clayton as I was returning to Cumming. I was so stunned to actually see one in person and in such an odd place no less. The car is really something to see.

5. BrianZuk

BrianZuk F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2007
    NorCal (Bay Area)
    Full Name:
    BrianZuk
    Nice SLR. Sad to see all those F-Cars stuck in that garage :(

6. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Saw Dan Gurney's all original '66 Lola T-70 #30 race car parked infront of Wender & Roberts in the shopping center on the corner of West Paces Ferry / Northside Pkwy a few months ago. Driver said he had a collection of Lola cars as well as a few original GT40's. Said he certainly doesn't drive them much but decided that since it was such a nice day out he would drive down to pick up some grass seed from Ace Hardware, lol - I couldn't believe it! It is an absolutely awesome machine. I think he said he does drive them at Road Atlanta on certain track days.

Met the owner of two Ford GTX-1's a few weeks ago, said he had an original 427 AC Cobra among other cars.

I intercepted a red/crimson LP640 coupe on 285 East right before Riverside Dr. exit about 2 weeks ago, we had some fun, he looked to be slowly edging away from me (500 RWHP '03 Cobra). Pulled over and talked for a while, very nice guy, beautiful car.

7. FerrariF50lover

FerrariF50lover Formula 3

Aug 12, 2005
    Ohio
    Full Name:
    Nate
    Theres a F40, Diablo, and a ton of american exotics down there.

8. atlSPOTTER

atlSPOTTER Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    VC
    I've seen an f430 with black on black driving around, i guess from far away it looked like andruw jones. the first three letters of the plates are ABA but i think its a producer because i saw it at a recording studio. it's always parked outside of the ritz.

9. euro_exoticar

euro_exoticar Karting

Oct 5, 2007
    Gainesville GA
    Full Name:
    Justin Edward Jones
    My friends dad spotted a Yellow Enzo in front of Road Atlanta last year, the day before the Petit Le Mans. I saw an Enzo, F50, F40, and a 288 GTO last year at the Petit Le Mans. One of my friends said he saw a yellow Enzo at the Mall of Georgia last year.