THE 430 Scuderia | Page 35 | FerrariChat

THE 430 Scuderia

Discussion in '360/430' started by Senna1994, Jul 18, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PaulButler

PaulButler Karting

Jul 30, 2005
    Surrey UK
    From 430?.........titanium springs and hollow anti roll bars. I wasn't told more but I would assume far stiffer than the 430 setup. The Eurospec ride height of the Scuderia is the same as the Stradale.

2. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    They are the same. If you look very carefully in the bottom picture at the LH pipe, you will be able to make out the outline of the inside exhaust pipe.

3. ringmeister

ringmeister Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2005
    NJ
    #853 ringmeister, Sep 5, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Thanks.

What about the stripes? The stripe on the black car looks silver and the stripe on the silver car looks grey?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
    Yes u were rite...very firm..hahaha

I thought the thigh support could be better..

5. lung7707

lung7707 F1 World Champ

Jan 13, 2002
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Full Name:
    Rupert 9.0
  6. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    CS was as quick as F430, 150ms in quickest mode. Standard 360 was slower, something around 220ms I think.

7. THE DOBIE

THE DOBIE Karting

Feb 12, 2007
    UK
    That's a bummer back to rosso red then!!!

8. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Black with Silver stripe looks stunning!
    That wide 360 CS strip looks cumbersome in comparison

9. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    You are spot on ;).

10. Tarek K.

Tarek K. F1 World Champ

Sep 7, 2006
    Cairo - Egypt
    Full Name:
    Tarek K.
    Yes........rosso corsa. It is THE red.

11. PATRIEK

PATRIEK Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    Full Name:
    Patriek
    they drove both, but kimi was in the red one ...

12. DM18

DM18 F1 Rookie

Apr 29, 2005
    Hong Kong
    Kimi might miss his former F1 car if they put him in the silver one :):):)

13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Well it doesnt sound that great..

14. paulo

paulo Karting

Apr 10, 2004
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Paulo
    Thanks for sharing great pictures & the videos on Google.

Congratulations to Ferrari for this great organization!
    The event was superb! What a day!!!

The car looks awesome! …very aggressive looking!

The sound was better than the 430 but far behind the CS.

All the specs on paper looks good BUT I took the lap times at Fiorano and the 3 quickest laps were in: (those are proper laps!)

01:28:04
    01:28:23
    01:29:14

According to the "Fiorano Lap Times list" the CS weren't also in 1:28:00?

If the car is really quickest than the Enzo it should lap in approximately 1:24:00 isn't it?

What do you think about those times? …they can not complain that the pilots were not good!!!

I have ordered one 430S with deposit done since February, but I won't trade my CS if the 430S is not faster!

I was there with 2 other friends that also own a CS and we all share the same feeling!

15. lrattner

lrattner Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2004
    Delray Beach, Fl
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lonnie Rattner
    I love the look of the Scuderia but those stripes really are not good.

16. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    As you know, it's all about handling. Tires being equal, even the finest drivers can only do so much if the car cannot be fitted w/adjustable suspension.

Which brings me to the F430F1's design which precludes suspension mods. Not a prob; I love my F430. But I hoped for a better handling successor (kinda/sorta like the 360 vs CS). Your post worries me because it seems that the 430 Scuderia is still poorly designed .... from a suspension setting POV.

The Scud now appears to be just a slightly lighter weight, slightly more powerful (xtra power one can't use), arguably better looking, and *perhaps* slightly stiffer, Luxury Sportscar. I repeat LUXURY.

I already have one of those. The best IMHO: An F430F1.

What the F430F1 needs is fully adjustable suspension; or the provision for aftermarket installation of same. As the car is delivered now, it gets smoked by inferior cars on bumpy tracks.

Come on Ferrari .... you're the best sportcar makers in the World! And you can't offer us a versatile car w/adjustable suspension components? What do you think it does to the Ferrari image when folks learn that lesser marques are better handling, more versatile, etc?

I've been lusting for a Scuderia but now I am talking w/GPI about a Superleggera. JoeH said that the suspension may be replaced w/aftermarket components. Not ideal but certainly better than being outbraked into turn 10 (@PIR-PDX) by M3s and etc.

The way I see it .... Ferrari sold me *one* very special car. But are unlikely to ever sell me another. I'm not a Ferrari enthusiast so brand loyalty is meaningless to me. I just love fast cars and don't care about marque and the like.

I think that Ferrari cannot stay in business by simply catering to Tifosi and the luxury market. Ferrari's business model depends on the public's perception that Ferraris are the epitome of Style AND Performance .... conjoined. Lose the latter and the luxury market will turn to other marques (e.g. Lambo, Porsche, AMG, etc), new buyers will move on and, finally, the Tifosi will TURN on you when they realize the cachet is gone and they are no longer viewed as cognoscenti of the finest sportscars.

BTW; someday technology will advance to the point that one may adjust a "mannetino" to suit one's driving style at tracks and roads worldwide. Until such a time (hard to envision in my driving lifetime <shrug>) fully adjustable suspension is the answer.

Peace,

Richard.

17. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    I'm still undecided but I think it'd look better w/CS stripes.

Peace,

Richard.

18. ringmeister

ringmeister Formula Junior

Jan 17, 2005
    NJ
    I doubt the drivers were going "all-out". After all, it wouldn't look good to have an off-course excursion at the premiere.

19. schumacher12345

schumacher12345 Karting

Jun 3, 2004
    In interview with AMUS Michael Schumacher said that the Scuderia is around second faster than the Enzo around Fiorano so either Kimi and Massa or who ever drove it to set those time were not pushing it or maybe the claims by Ferrari are off but them to find 4-5 seconds is....

20. miladferrari

miladferrari Formula Junior

Oct 17, 2005
    prev.Van. nowToronto
    You took the laptime with your watch or something and you think they are correct LOL
    the F430 S will be faster than both the Enzo and CS.

21. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    Good point.

Peace,

Richard.

22. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    And you believe Schumacher?

Keep in mind that only one (Tsuchiya; so?) of the many pundits/experts who dorve the F430F1 noted that the front end was too soft and the rear (due to the front end's poor suspension, i believe) end came around too quickly.

I think i'll give due credibility to those w/o a vested interest. ;-)

Peace,

Richard.

23. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    I'm intrigued by this design flaw you refer to. The mannetino on the Scuderia does not control the damper settings, so how is it inferior to the Challenge Stradale?
    And if outright track performance is your criteria, there is always the F430 Challenge which plenty of Ferrari customers have bought to go with their F430 road cars.

24. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    I think he spoke of posted lap times.

Not a snowball's chance in hell it'll be faster than an Enzo. But i'd like some of what you're smoking. <LOL>

Here's an unpleasant fact for you .... take away the huge power advantage and the F430F1 w/CC brakes is still slower than a Lotus. Or many properly set up GT/Sportscars. And you seriously think that it can be driven faster than a Supercar. A car that's almost as close to a racing machine one can get? LMAO! I'll put my cash on the Enzo .... asuming an honest contest.

Even with the small amount of useless added power and a 150 lb reduction in weight, the 430S lacks a proper suspension system. Of course i'm assuming that if the suspension was fully adjustable we'd know about it by now.

BTW, I know one of the best driver's in the PNW. He also happens to own an Enzo and told me he is getting a Scud. And altho he's much, much better, I happen to be a pretty good driver myself. A clue 4 U. :)

Peace,

Richard.

25. RAllen

RAllen Formula Junior

Aug 27, 2006
    Rogue Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Richard Allen
    Poorly sprung and underdamped front end. In addition, mid/rear engine cars are prone to rotating on the brakes. The CC brakes are great but poorly suited to a very low, very soft front end. On bumpy and/or hilly tracks, under braking, the front end grinds (ask me how i know <chuckle) and the rear end gets very loose .... quickly. Making the CC brakes almost useless (nice to have less unsprung weight tho). And the tire choices available suck for track use. And the E-Diff precludes use of slicks.

Good to know .... if true. I was told otherwise. I'll check on it for sure because I would really like to own one ..... if it is indeed worthy of my time.

I don't recall saying nor implying that the Scud is inferior to the CS. Would you please point me to a quote?

It's not. :)

Niiiice! But i'm not interested in racing machines.

Sure, specially since they're readily available at what I consider affordable prices. And 1:19s or less @PIR/PDX (T.Harris/ProDrive video) makes them formidable track cars. Along w/the other fine attributes.

But not for me. I'd like Ferrari to take the suspension from a Challenge and place it into an F430, etc. IOW; similar to the diff between a CS and a 360.

Instead they drop 150lbs, add ugly, cheap and difficult to take care of Alcantara. A few useless HP. Questionable styling. Seats that are not DOT for the USA. And a *rumored* large price increase.

The more I think about it the less I want a Scud. <sigh>

Now if they had added, at least, the possibility of a fully adjustable suspension, decent LTW seats, vinyl and/or cloth interior. A working climate control system. And kept the price to, let's say, 20K over the F430 .... i'd order one sight unseen and let the Devil take the hindmost. <chuckle>

What Ferrari lack is a true sportscar! The Enzo and CS need not apply for obvious reasons.

Peace,

Richard.