11th Annual Lotus Summer party | FerrariChat

11th Annual Lotus Summer party

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by bst1, Aug 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bst1

bst1 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    MARYLAND
    Full Name:
    BARRY T
    Just got my invitation today in the mail for Kevin McGovern's great car show and party at his house. Unfortunately it conflicts with the Classic on the James, but I plan on going to Kevin's, since we are friends and I live so close!

Date: Saturday Sept 15th
    Rain Date Sunday Sept 16th

Time: 2-7pm

swimming, tennis,friends, food, drink. Bring your family and a Lotus or other interesting vehicle. Plenty of room to park on the lawn. This is an RSVP event, so if FChatters are interested, PM me and I will RSVP for you and give you the directions.

FChatters have made a very good presence the last 2 years and are welcome additions to the show.

Barry

2. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    sounds like a good time once again

3. bst1

bst1 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    MARYLAND
    Full Name:
    BARRY T
    Yes, this is a FIRST CLASS EVENT and Kevin and Denise are terrific hosts! Very enjoyable events always.

4. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Already committed to the Richmond event.

CC

5. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Same hear--I really wanted to go to the Lotus event last year, but had other plans also---Last years pics were freakin amazing with all the cars there---Hopefully next year!!!

6. holminator

holminator Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Prince Falafel
    The Lotus event was awesome last year. Can't make it this year. Already committed to another event.

7. MDshore348

MDshore348 Formula 3

Dec 24, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Darron
    btw- by invite only, some arent welcome.

8. bst1

bst1 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    MARYLAND
    Full Name:
    BARRY T
    Let me decide who is welcome, thank you. Kevin has been my friend for 21 years and a professional colleague. He invited me to invite my friends with interesting cars to share our car passion. This is not a place for fighting, but for enjoying cars and good company. If you don't like certain people, don't talk to them, plain and simple. It is a huge place, plenty of room.

9. bst1

bst1 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    MARYLAND
    Full Name:
    BARRY T
    #9 bst1, Aug 30, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  10. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Love that purple Porsche!!!

11. 355dreamer

355dreamer F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 3, 2006
    DC Metro
    Full Name:
    L.C.
    Me too. I met the owner and his son at the Porsche run earlier this year. IIRC, the car has sports seats and is a C4S. Nice guy too!

12. holminator

holminator Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Prince Falafel
    That's Morgan's car. He's a great guy!

13. Pantera1889

Pantera1889 Formula Junior

Jul 6, 2006
    Maryland

How can I get an invite to this show? I have a black 1971 DeTomaso Pantera and a Ford GT40 replica "race car".

Ron

14. bst1

bst1 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    MARYLAND
    Full Name:
    BARRY T
    Certainly sounds like "interesting vehicles"!
    Just PM me.
    Barry

15. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Barry Thanks for the info. I am going to Bring the Ferrari PininFarina 550 Barchetta. I own and race a Lotus Elise but it is a factory built racecar and is not street legal so I cant bring that but I love Lotus and look forward to admiring the many lotus at the event. thanks for the invite. Jon in Delaware

16. dododge

dododge Karting

Sep 24, 2006
  17. holminator

holminator Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 3, 2005
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Prince Falafel
    Kevin was pretty cool, too. He walked around the event and made sure everyone was on his email list so he could send invitations out for the next year. Usually he keeps the list in the clubhouse too for anyone to sign up.

Tony

18. bst1

bst1 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    MARYLAND
    Full Name:
    BARRY T
    If anyone was already invited personally, go ahead and RSVP. Anyone not invited, with an interesting car, PM me.

19. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    I assume we are going again this. I need to touch base with our group from last year. This year I expect to see more than my Exige there to help balance out all the Elises.

20. bst1

bst1 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    MARYLAND
    Full Name:
    BARRY T
    And all of Kevin's Esprit's! Should be an Elan or two also.

21. bst1

bst1 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    MARYLAND
    Full Name:
    BARRY T
    Have 10 Fchatter's on board so far, may be some others who RSVP'ed themselves. Ran into Kevin today, he is looking forward to having our group along again. He appologized for the last minute invitations, but has been very busy. He just came back from a Lotus show in Colorado, his silver/blue Lotus won Best In Show! Congrats to Kevin! Anyone else want to bring an "interesting car" and join the fun, just PM me. Kevin needs a headcount for the caterer soon. Thanks.

22. bst1

bst1 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    MARYLAND
    Full Name:
    BARRY T
    Anyone else interested in signing up? Will need to let me know soon so Kevin will know for caterer estimate. Thanks. Just PM me.

23. markr

markr Karting

Sep 15, 2003
    N. Virginia
    Looking forward to it. I know a good number of the local Lotus enthusiast have already RSVP'd.

24. bst1

bst1 Formula 3

Aug 13, 2005
    MARYLAND
    Full Name:
    BARRY T
    Pretty good FChat representation, 9 Ferrari's and 3 other "interesting" cars. Too bad this is the same weekend as Richmond, but that's just how it is!
    Anyone else, PM me, I'll be letting Kevin know tomorrow.

Barry