How can you find out how many Ferrari's are sold in the U.S. each year??? | FerrariChat

How can you find out how many Ferrari's are sold in the U.S. each year???

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Silver456, Feb 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Silver456

Silver456 Rookie

Dec 7, 2003
    I was just curious as to whether or not this data is available. Also, if it could be sorted by model or not??? I assume production numbers are worldwide but I was just interested in the U.S. market.

Thanks!

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    this number appears to be extractable from FNA once the production run has stopped on a given model/line.

i assume that's where the various publications get their data.

but during production, the numbers seen tough to come by. if you search the archives you'll see some rough data on how many 8 cylinder and 12 cylinder cars are produced on their respective lines. it's something like 12 8s per day and 8 12s per day.

the us market appears to get varying percentages of production based upon model, year, and the going trend for skirt lengths. maybe there's actual math in there, but it surely escapes me ;). anywhere from 20% to 33% of production comes to North America.

they made about 2,200 355s per year. purportedly 23% of them came to NA.

they made about 750 550s per year. we're not sure how many came to NA, but i've seen numbers (somewhere) like 29%.

fyi, fwiw, ymmv,
    doody.

3. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Forza magazines give out this figure quite regularly, especially when they're reviewing a particular model.

4. Silver456

Silver456 Rookie

Dec 7, 2003
    excellent, thanks for the info. Does anybody have any back issues or possible a issue number that would have all 355, 360, 550, 575, 456, f-40, f50, and Enzo??? If I know the issue number I believe I would be able to purchase it.

5. Silver456

Silver456 Rookie

Dec 7, 2003
    anybody???

6. richard_wallace

richard_wallace Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Full Name:
    Richard Wallace
    #6 richard_wallace, Feb 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Which Model are you looking for - I have a document with all years through 2002 - and all production runs Imports, etc.. Example Below:

You can get a copy from ProductionCars.com - this doc has all cars, all years, all models, imports and exports...

Hope that helps...
    Image Unavailable, Please Login