Where are the good ole users? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Where are the good ole users?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by rob lay, Aug 31, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. red-riot

red-riot Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks Clyde, I miss the runs!

2. Parikh1234

Parikh1234 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 9, 2006
    Little Ferry, NJ USA
    Full Name:
    Shivam Parikh
    see now THAT is a ferrari....gorgeous.....not like that hideous enzo thing.

3. LAMBOJOE

LAMBOJOE F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2006
    Brooklyn NY
    Full Name:
    Joey
    F-40's are sickkkkkkkkkkkk
    very nice cars.

4. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003

Good memory!! 2900 pounds I think ..... LOL.....

The question will be how much a 2008 430 weighs!!!

5. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch

HA HA!!! My memory is shot from years of ..... :D

Did Ferretti ever pay up on that bet?? If not he owes you $100

And you said "A 2008 430", shouldn't you have said "MY 2008 430" ;) ???

Hope all is well with ya Scott :) !!!

6. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks you for the PM Rob. Being a member since '01 when I bought my 355, then 550, Maserati then 430. Met a lot of great guys here, but decided to take an inactive role b/c one specific NYTS moderator was being abusive and made this place not as appealing to visit.

Let's hope things have changed. But I'm still here.

Hi Bruce, Whart, CLyde, Eric (and a few others 'ole timers)!

7. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

HI JOHN

NICE TO SEE YOU HERE !!!!!

I ALSO COME AROUND FOR CAMEO ROLES TOO.......

8. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    I still check in here once in a while too.....

9. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    The more things change, the more things stay the same. Good to see some of these names. I am currently looking for an old car, to suit my driving style. Some of the prices of vintage Ferraris are truly nutty these days. And, I'm pretty selective. I'll keep you in the loop. IN the meantime, hope to see you here.

10. GDautosport

GDautosport Formula Junior

Nov 5, 2003
    NJ
    what up pchop. Hope all is well.

11. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Full Name:
    John
    what's up jorge? :)

12. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I'm here. Of course I'm not all that welcome here by some. :D

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=166742

But, I'm here none the less. Have not seen many of you guys in 2-3 years. Pchop, it was at West Chester I think, many of you guys I met at BRUCE'S HOUSE.

A couple even wandered to Reading for the Concours.

Sure would be cool to get the old heads back into the swing of things her in the NYTS section. Some of these young-uns couls use our input.

BRUUUUCCCCEEEEE!!!!!! WHERE YOU AT?????

And AUGUSTINE. We haven't had him check in yet, have we?

Dave M.

13. scott63

scott63 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    You are correct! Knowing my luck, it will probably arrive in the middle of winter.

To set the record straight, Ferretti did pay!

Good to hear from you.

14. Neilg

Neilg Karting

Feb 16, 2001
    Accokeek, Md.
    Full Name:
    Neil Green
    Hey Rob, don't check in as often as I would like, but I still do have my '77 308GTB USA model. I recently posted pertaining to front end suspension sag I have been experiencing with the car....I joined back in Feb 2001 I believe.....this site has saved me a LOT of money, as the members who post have "been there, done that", and I utilize the advice given to work on my car myself....
    Great idea to get in touch with the old gang.....
    Neil

15. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    I'm still here guys. I just stick mostly to the 308/328/Mondial forum these days. :)

16. vinnycar

vinnycar Karting

Mar 7, 2004
    New Canaan, CT
    Full Name:
    Vincent Cardone
    Hi to all the bros that welcomed me with open arms when I showed up first in 04 especially Eric, Greg, John (pchop), Clyde, Dwight (Hutch), Keith, Michael (green F355) and Ed P from L.I. and of course SamG and many others. I post from time to time. Laid low with five surgeries in the past 2-years but very well now and enjoying the 360S. Will be at every run that does not conflct with out of towm travel from here on out. Let''s get the old crew out.

Where have all the Ferraris gone to!!!! Notice less than 5% participation of F-Cars at all recent events. What's up with that. Obviously a lot of defections to Lambos but there still must be plenty of F-cars available. This is after all Ferrari-Chat.com.

By the say thinking seriously of joining the new Lime Rock Club..had a long chat with Skip Barber when he made his pitch at Miller's last month. na imporant purpose if not the main purpose of LRC is to save the track from going the way of Bridgehampton. He is opening up a lot of promo track days well into December just for those interested in considering joining LRC. I will be there on 12/11.

I am always here when you need for a run weather forecast. I check in here just about every day.

Vinny

17. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Full Name:
    John
    good to hear from you vinny.

btw, your forecast talent is useless on the west coast...it's been sunny since March (except for maybe 3 days) and will continue to be sunny for the next few month :D

18. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch

Hey Vinny!!! Great to hear from ya!! Hope that all is well up in New Canaan!! I moved south, but will be back in CT sometime around late December or early January. Maybe there could be a NYTS gathering around that time??? Anybody else up for a group party/gathering??? That'd definitely be :cool: !!!

19. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Hi Vinny... Im still here, just not that inspired to post much. Wld love see you on a run again soon. But as Im sure you'll affirm... not much Spider weather ahead of us in the near future. Stay well and hope to see you soon!

20. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    OK, I don't log on much anymore, but no one remembered me! I was at that October 11 Run Out East with Ed, Sam, Keith, Barney, Andy, Dave W, Pchop and Ferretti and a bunch of others I might add, and here's proof:

http://notoboy.com/10-11-03/

Fchat was how Sam set it up, so I'm sure I was one here before then - wow that was a long time ago!

21. millemiglia01

millemiglia01 Formula Junior

Oct 9, 2004
    the north shore li
    Full Name:
    amante
    you guys have been on here forever.. jesus..

22. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    How old do you need to be??? LOL!

Honorary Member of the EC crew, the waaaaaaay Southern Chapter....;)

I have the Playboy Men's Club issue with the Scores girls as well...........:D :D :D

Never been to NYC though....I'll bring Napolis a big bag of money to keep, as soon as I make it!

23. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Always good to hear from you Vinny and of course the rest of the crew as well.

Life has gotten more hectic and unfortunately this site has become less of "community" over the past year...I look forward to getting together and seeing the "good ole users" anytime and I'm glad to hear that all is well.

Hope to see you soon...

24. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    I'm getting older as we speak.
    I'm on this board since 2001. I did not know how to change my profile from rijk400GT to rijk365gtb4, so I made a new one in Jan 2002.

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    The users make the community, there are plenty of good communities on FerrariChat, I have little control over what each community lets itself become. For everyone that doesn't like what it is now, simply explained by you let it happen and didn't care enough to fight back more.

BTW 993 guy, not personal to you, just the general "old timers" complaining, but no care or action. :)