6 Years Ago....9/11 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

6 Years Ago....9/11

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by jorge.rios, Sep 11, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PhilB

PhilB Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 17, 2004
    NYC, USA
    Full Name:
    Phil
    I was on the corner of Vesey and West Broadway when the 1st one came overhead.

Then I was in the courtyard by the fountain when the 2nd one came in.

I got out of the courtyard (obviously, I'm writing this) just before the South Tower came down. You see, I thought the 1st one was an accident, something took off from Newark across the river and something went wrong. So after carrying a guy off Vesey who was hit with the debris from the 1st impact, it looked to me like the jet went through the north side of the building and came out the east side. So I figured the jet was in the courtyard, on fire, and the passengers needed help. I didn't realized at the time that a jumbo jet would just dissolve like that.

I saw, heard and felt things that day that will last in my memory forever.

Not a trace of 3 of my friends were ever found.

I walked the BQE home, all dusted and in a daze. Some paramedic finally picked me up and gave me a lift over the VZ bridge, dropped me off on the other side (Staten Island) and I walked again to find my truck. Never got his name, he was going to get his equipment to go back to help. So the cops let him across the bridge (it was closed). Always wondered what happened to him.....

Phil

2. fiorano94

fiorano94 F1 Veteran

May 26, 2006
    MW/NW/SE

God.

You did a very brave thing in assisting that man.

Terrible memories.

3. jk0001

jk0001 F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2005
    Sun Coast
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I was watching George Bush drive by me in his motorcade, then I went inside and watched the towers fall

4. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    While I was at work today, I went through and reread each and everyones story.

I just can't help but feel almost the exact same as I did that day doing so. I can't help but feel anger and sadness anytime I watch anything related to 9/11. I guess that's how people who were around during Pearl Harbor felt/feel every time the 7th of December comes around.

When I'm Gone - Three Doors Down

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GYXm7n62nU

This song sent shock through my body the first time I saw the video. IMO it's very powerful. And the song just makes sense.

5. Banned

Banned Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 2, 2007
    I was at home that morning....just turned on TV.Many years passed..I always was interested in this tragedy.I've seen so many films such as "loose change" and everything..I've seen sooo many video-hours.When I lived in Russia I've seen film about Russians who died there..That was so strange because New York was so far..but it affected everyone.Strange day , all those movies ( search Youtube , some were banned ) just confirmed my opinion which I won't tell.It's so obvious to me.

And yeah forgot.One film I've seen impressed me so much...don't know it's name but it's documentary by NY firefighters.You've seen it probably.They filmed WTC the day before it , when it's all happened etc.It's just shocking and so real

6. sampson

sampson Karting

Dec 22, 2004
    near Detroit, MI
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I was in the 8th grade, we were in our morning class. Our classroom was right next to the bathrooms so the whole class was on a 5 minute break. It was just me, another girl, and our teacher in the room. Another teacher ran in and whispered into my teacher's ear--I remembered hearing the words "fire" and "towers". My teacher starts crying and runs to the tv, I remarked to the other girl the words that I caught but neither of us put it together. Then we watched it unfold, I saw the second plane hit live. Changed me forever, I'll never forget that.

It's great to read all these amazing stories, it really helps to make sure we'll never forget.

7. RoWis

RoWis F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Vancouver, B.C.
    Life has sure changed since that day....

8. tchaic

tchaic Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2004
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris M.....
    Thanks to all for sharing their stories... This is one of the only threads I have read every post in. Can't help notice how young this thread is skewing. Many of the posts start with "I was in class..." Some as low as the 4th grade. Interesting that Fchat attracts so many teens to early twentysomethings. God bless and keep the posts coming.

9. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    I thought it might be an interesting thread when it was started but it has far surpassed my expectations! I also notice how young it is, I thought when I was a senior in high school I'd be one of the youngest, apparently I'm an old man :(