I _ucking Hate UPS! | FerrariChat

I _ucking Hate UPS!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by karmavore, Feb 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    They are the worst. Listen to this:

I order a new laptop from dell. UPS tries to delivery it yesterday, but since it requires a signature they leave a notice saying they will retry tomorrow (honestly, why do they bother?? I'm not at home at 2pm and never will be). Anyway, I go online to use their handy-day redirect delivery tool to have the laptop dropped off at the office instead. I do this at 6:30pm and note the 7pm cutoff for making changes effective for the next day.

Package Status: "Address Changed"

Cool.

This morning I log in and track the package.

Package Status: "Customer Requested Hold at Counter."

No!!!!!!!!!!! WTF???

So I call...

Ms. Know-it-all: "yes sir, Dell does not allow address changes for security reasons."

Makes sense, but it would have been nice of you to TELL ME!!!

Later today I check again....

Package Status: "Customer requests package left at will call.." Ok, good... "...delivery rescheduled"

Huh??? WFT??? NO!!!!

so I call again...

Ms Apathetic: "yeah dumbass, first they bring it to the counter, then they put it on a new truck. It'll be at your office today."

Yeah right.

I log in again....

Package Status: Delivery Date: 2/26

Mother_uckers!!!

So I call again...

Mr.. Dude. "Man I have no idea, let me have the warehouse call you."

Thanks.

An hour goes by...

Warehouse Guy: "yeah, we had it at the counter and then saw you wanted it to go to your office so we put it on a truck for tomorrow. You'll have it Thursday.

God_amnit!! I _ucking hate you guys.

This has happens to me EVERY time I use UPS.

Who can I complain too???

FedEX never pulls this ****, getting packages that require a signature from them is no sweat!

Luke.

2. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Luke,

Sorry to hear of your troubles. I have had that happen once, and since then have them always deliver to my place of business.

I love UPS as it brings me parts from HRE :) :)

3. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Simple solution: Leave a note on your door asking UPS to leave the package and make sure your signature and date is on the letter

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Well, there's the problem................

5. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    LMAO! Good one Mitch :D :D :D

Fujitsu next time ;)

6. Alxlee

Alxlee F1 Rookie

Apr 8, 2002
    Wilmington, DE
    Full Name:
    Alex Lee
    That doesn't work for me here. Last time I tried that they drew a bigger circle around the "Signature Required."

7. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore

Cute. But not the point funny boy.

8. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    "If the "Signature Required on Delivery" box is checked, the driver must receive a signature and hand the box to a person."

Luke.

9. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Since you knew you had a job when you placed the order, why didn't you use your office address in the first place ? If UPS would have left the thing by your mailbox and somebody stole it , you would have been pissed off about that !

10. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Again, not the point. The point is that their operators have no idea what is really hapening with your package and their services do not work as advertised. They are a bloated, inflexable, noncustomer oriented business and they suck.

Luke.

11. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

probably because the address on the credit card is the same as his home address and to have it charged to the card and shipped somewhere else both Dell and UPS would have had a stroke. been there done that.... use FED EX AIR. when you absolutely- have- to -have- it- with- no- baloney- to- fix- your- cars- so- you- can- drive- them!!!!!!! ( medicine) lol

12. Dave328

Dave328 Formula 3

Nov 24, 2002
    Katy
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I feel your pain. UPS has jerked me around one way or another with EVERY package I have had shipped through them in the last 3 years!!!!

And ,No, they are the choice of the shipper. I never choose UPS if there is an alternative.

THEY SUCK!

Dave

13. G-force

G-force F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2002
    so california
    Full Name:
    wayne skiles
    UPS ... yes... last week I shipped a Rolex Submariner
    on Monday since my usual carrier (the USPS) was closed.
    Sent it next day air. An "empty" box was delivered with an extra UPS lablel
    on the end that was opened. I insured it (about $400 less than I should have) but who knows how lobng ikt will take to collect..they don't seem to be in a hurry..oh well...

14. Schnelles Fraulein

Apr 1, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Schnelles Fraulein
    you may hate UPS.. but this guy rules!

15. Schnelles Fraulein

Apr 1, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Schnelles Fraulein
    #15 Schnelles Fraulein, Feb 25, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  16. mk e

mk e F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    The twilight zone
    Full Name:
    The Butcher
    Signature required packages are tough. I ordered a $13 dip stick. The supercharger people didn't tell me I needed one, so I'm ready to fire up the engine before I realize I have no idea how much oil to put in. So I have it sent overnight (FedEx) for an extra $26 on top of the standard $9 s&h charge. They send it signature required, so all I have when I get home to fire up the car is a note. For security reasons, they need to deliver it to me at the list address only or I can pick it up at the counter 45 minutes away with 2 forms of ID...drive an hour and a half for a $13 part I paid for air shipping for??? I don't think so. I called FedEx and told them to return to sender. I called the vendor and explained that they reraly should have warned me that they intended to ship signature required and asked them to ship another one so that it could be delivered. They told me it was my problem, I told them "no I really don't think it is". They ask me never to call again because no one would help me....The 2 superchargers and intercoolers I bought were just over $6000 and I was waiting for a quote on 2 more at the time.....

17. F SPIDER

F SPIDER F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jan 30, 2002
    NYC, A'dam, W'stock
    Full Name:
    rijk rietveld
    Not much better with DHL. They have recently aquired Airborne and are in total disarray.

Day 1 (thursday): Package from NY to the Netherlands is picked up in our office.
    Using "enhanced service", which means that it does not go first to Cincinnatti, than back to NY and then to Europe. Noooo, for an extra fee it goes directly to Europe, and in major cities you have one day delivery, so Friday delivery.

Day 2 (Friday): No package in Rotterdam, but no worry, we did build in one extra day margin. Just in case it goes the normal route.

Day 5 (Monday): Package really due. No package. Time difference between NY and Rotterdam 6 hours, so our client calls me out of bed at 6.30AM (12.30PM in the Netherlands) because he needs the drawings. I go to the office, track the package and it is still in C. Snowed in. Client demands drawings and I have to get on a plane with the drawings Monday night to have them there Tuesday morning. $4000 later and Tuesday night I'm back in NY.

Day 7 (Wednesday): Package still in C., snowed in. Customer service agrees to send package back to NY, since sending it to R. is a moot point. No charge for the package and many, many excuses.

Day 9 (Friday): A call from my client: what he needs to do with the package he just received........... They still delivered it.

Next month: They still bill us AND for enhanced service.

Rijk

18. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Maybe they should just slow down.

19. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    The problem is Dell in this case, too. Don't give them any undue credit.

They will only accept a receipt for delivery to a confirmed address and even for a corporation, this case mine, receiving from 1 unit to 10 units at a time, they will not make changes to the address, even to a temporary storage facility owned by us because the name is slightly different.

UPS gets some credit for not sticking with either redelivering or holding it and going back and forth, but, it was Dell in the first place who made it sig required and I've had lots of personal experience dealing with them with the same issue over and over again.

Sunny

20. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    I heard that's what UPS uses to deliver their packages in Germany. :D:D

21. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I use FedEx whenever I can now. The local UPS distribution place lost my gateway laptop for a day and a half one time. They also drove around for two days with my set of tires on their truck. I noticed on the tracking thing that it was"out for delivery" for over a day. When I called them (i got the local number out of the mailbox etc guy) they told me that they had no other deliveries in my subdivision so they didn't want to drive all the way back here for one delivery.

22. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    a__holes. People just don't get it. I don't know what else to say.

Did you speak with a "manager" who understood how much business they had and would get from you?

Luke.

23. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    I have no problem with dell making it "Signature Required."

I have a peoblem with UPS not getting their story straight and having no idea what is going on. Was the "Dell doens't allow address changes" thing a lie or the tuth yet they didn't abide by it????

Luke.

24. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Been there, done that, too.

Luke.

25. JamesH

JamesH Formula Junior

May 11, 2001
    San Carlos, Californ
    Full Name:
    James Hom
    Tuesday, UPS Signature required notice on my front door for my new Dell computer. Attempted delivery at 4:55 PM
    Wednesday, Rushed home after work hoping UPS delivery will be another late afternoon delivery. Sitting on my front door step was my computer with our front door mat on top of the box to keep it from getting wet. 65 steps up to my front door, so I think the UPS driver didnt want to climb those stairs again and took a chance and left me my computer.:)