456m gta rear shocks | FerrariChat

456m gta rear shocks

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by phillg, Sep 15, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. phillg

phillg Karting

Feb 4, 2007
    Dorset UK
    Has anyone had the rear shocks reconditioned in the uk?
    Mine have started to have a hissy fit,any advice?

2. AndyE

AndyE Karting

Jul 5, 2004
    Gloucestershire
    What are the symptoms of this. Mine seem OK, but I've heard that they can be a problem.

I thought they'd improved the shocks on the M. Another factor is how often it is driven.

3. phillg

phillg Karting

Feb 4, 2007
    Dorset UK
    I drive it regularly,and have had it for nearly a year.Up until now I have not heard any noises from them.However,earlier this week,I could hear hissing from the rear whilst driving.On getting out of the car after parking,I heard hissing,and the car lowered it's self.Today and yesterday,I have not heard anything,all seems to be back to normal.I saw some Ferrari engineers today at the Grand prix showing,and they say this can some times happen,and it's nothing to worry about,So,hey,I'll stop worrying for now.

4. Mr Mezzanotte

Mr Mezzanotte Formula Junior

Aug 22, 2006
    UK
    #4 Mr Mezzanotte, Sep 7, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
    see this thread...

************.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25123

replace *** with www and windows guide (remove space)

for UK bilstein suspension rebuilds

5. mwhitesell

mwhitesell Formula 3

Sep 17, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Bilstein in the US will rebuild them for 100 USD. In Pounds thats almost free. (-:

6. number46

number46 Karting

Jun 21, 2005
    London
    Bilstein near leicester say they can rebuild them (they have rebuilt my racing car shocks before at around £60 plus vat each) I have yet to get mine done as only one side weaps a very small amount of oil. The seals are basically not upto the job, as the shocks, unlike usual gas filled shocks, have constant pressurerised oil in them via the steering pump which sets the ride height so they will always start to leak after about two years. I don't have the number to hand for the company, but if you google bilstein and leicestershire you should find them, they are very helpful and will probably turn the shocks around in about 2 weeks.
    Keep us posted on the outcome !!

7. Modificata

Modificata F1 Rookie

Apr 27, 2003
    Hampton, England
    Full Name:
    Andy Rasool
    May need to do this myself so thanks all!

8. FERRARI-TECH

FERRARI-TECH Formula 3

Nov 9, 2006
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Ferrari-tech
    I have had Bilstein rebuild dozens of F-car shocks for me at there facility in San Diego. I see no reason why it could not be done in the UK with the same great results.

9. mwhitesell

mwhitesell Formula 3

Sep 17, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have an extra set of front ones for my 456M that I sent in to be rebuilt if anyone is looking for a good deal on a pair. I also have a single brand new front shock if anyone is interested in that. Changing the front ones with new shocks made a world of difference in how the car rides.