whats a 85gtsqv worth | FerrariChat

whats a 85gtsqv worth

Discussion in '308/328' started by irondogmike, Sep 19, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    looking at a 85 gtsqv red/tan new interior, maybe a respray,service in 2004 with belts @43k now with 54k miles, I'm thinking about a ppi for sure, that well help me make up my mine

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    The prices on those things have been going up lately. Probably $40K

3. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    do you think its going to need a minor in a year or two and do you think I should check the compression? and what else should I do

4. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    it was on e-bay but I was the only one that made offers on it, I offered 35k, that was last week, now they want me to make another offer since I was serious about the car, I got to tell you It really is a nice car, I've never been this close to buying a ferrari untill now, its scrary

5. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    They want YOU to make a counter-offer on your own offer? <sigh>

6. Dennis Weiss

Dennis Weiss Rookie

Aug 30, 2007
    Annapolis Maryland
    Full Name:
    Dennis N. Weiss
    It 's all about condition of course. I am the original owner of a red/tan 85 with 29K miles. The car is all original and flawless.
    A dearler here told me the retail could be 60K or better with this background. Thats what I paid for the car 22 years ago!

I have seen nice 84's to 85 sell for 35 to 40. I do think that they are finally starting to increase in value.

7. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    yeah, that sounds silly. stick to your original offer.

hmmm, that sounds a little optimistic for a 308.

8. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth

Offer $34k then.

Ken

9. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    That sounds great. I hope the prices keep rising.

10. Badman

Badman Formula 3

Mar 4, 2007
    Gotham City
    Full Name:
    Bruce Wayne
    While I was in the market, I saw cars with asking prices that high. Never saw any of them sell though. The most expensive actual selling price I saw was $55K for a car with 2K miles on it which had been bought by a private museum brand new and was now being sold be same museum.

That sounds much more like the real market.

11. rossofiorano355

rossofiorano355 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    NOLA - Bham
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I have my 85 QV GTS, 46K miles, black / tan, listed on Ebay with a broker and on FerraiAds for $36,900 - service in 2005 with 42K miles, minor paint touch-ups, tools, books, ect. strong tight car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=012&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=220145495827&rd=1

Whatever you decide, you will love the 85 308 QV's

12. xtrmesaleen

xtrmesaleen Karting

Apr 7, 2006
  13. irondogmike

irondogmike F1 Rookie

Sep 8, 2006
    San Diego area
    Full Name:
    Michael Tucker
    I like your car ron and I thought about bidding on it but didn't know if it would pass smog here in calif. also after I fix the hood and the windsheld I'll be at almost 40k pluss shipping , unless you cuold p.m. me and we could decuss it, either way your right 85qv's is the car to have, or thats what I want

14. spiderseeker

spiderseeker Formula 3

Jul 22, 2005
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1 on 85' QV, I love mine too. Great cars, mine easily passed Colorado emissions today. (Colorado standards are pretty tough too but not sure how they compare to Calif)
    With the orig 16" wheels and a solid, rust free, original paint car, I wouldn't take much less than $40k for mine either. (when the time comes)
    I really feel that these are $50k cars in the not too distant future. What other car for $50k, has the looks and excitement of a 308-328 ?

15. rossofiorano355

rossofiorano355 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    NOLA - Bham
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thanks Matt - they are 17" Compomotive - the car came with a set of the gold 16" Gottis as a dealer installed option. I have the original dealer invoice of over $4000 for them! The Gottis needed to be refinished and I prefered the look of the 288 GTO style. I still have the orginal wheels if I want to go back to as delivered.

Ron

16. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    Second owner 1985 Euro 308 GTSi
    Red/Cream, 66,965km
    ZFFLA13B000057987, $35K.
    More details in the ad on Fads. I'll post on ebay if I don't get any offers.

17. rossofiorano355

rossofiorano355 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    NOLA - Bham
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thanks Mike,

I don't have personal experience with the Cali inspections but the car in in perfect mechanical order - I would not expect a problem, you could speak to Jim Linsey for his opinion. The hood crinkle was there when I bought it - someone not aware that the hood shock is mechanical as opposed to hydrolic. I wanted to fix it when I bought the car but four years later, never have. I guess it just doesn't bother me that much. As far as the windshield, I have to take responsibility for that. Rock hit on the interstate, had the crack repaired so it would not get any worse.

I know everyone, including me, wants a perfect used car when buying. I could fix the hood, replace the windshield, and ask more for the car since there would be no more obvious negotiation points. But, I decided to list the car as is for what I think is a fair price of $36,900.

I listed it with a broker because I just do not have the time to deal with the sale but I will PM you my contact info if you want to talk. Whatever you do, the QV will be a great choice.

Ron

18. Dennis Weiss

Dennis Weiss Rookie

Aug 30, 2007
    Annapolis Maryland
    Full Name:
    Dennis N. Weiss
    From just the photos, 36.9K looks like a steal to me.

19. xtrmesaleen

xtrmesaleen Karting

Apr 7, 2006
    Thanks for the info Ron! $4000 in 1985...incredible! I'd prefer the Compomotive over the Gottis, too. You have a very classy looking 308.

20. rossofiorano355

rossofiorano355 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    NOLA - Bham
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thank you, sir!

21. rossofiorano355

rossofiorano355 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    NOLA - Bham
    Full Name: