Vick In More Trouble! | FerrariChat

Vick In More Trouble!

Discussion in 'Sports' started by darth550, Sep 25, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
  2. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Good, I cant wait to see him in a pound him in the A Fed or state prison

Calling him an animal is an insult to animals

The guy is a monster

3. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I thought I saw a clip on the news the other day that the (ex)rapper DMX is under investigation now for his own dog fighting ring. Anyone else hear that? I'll look for an article.

4. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I heard it on the news over a month ago........ No idea what is going on with it other than he denied any involvement.

5. bennett

bennett Formula Junior

Oct 14, 2004
    CHARLOTTE, NC USA
    Full Name:
    Bennett
    Did anyone watch the ESPN special town hall meeting in Atlanta about "The Vick Divided?" It was ridiculous, more of the same "Michael made a mistake, Michael is black and therefor used as a scapegoat, etc."
    Michael Vick committed felonies. There's no amount of excuses anyone can make to change that fact. They tried to say "if Peyton Manning did this, he wouldn't be in as much trouble." Well, Peyton already has a great reputation, so it would be more of a shock than anything, but I think things would come down on him pretty hard too. Not as hard as it has on Vick, but only because Vick has been in so many troublesome spots in the past and Peyton has not. IMHO, this has nothing to do with race, but people sure want it to be.

6. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    dmx was brought up on animal cruelty charges, apparently because the person he left in charge to take care of his dogs neglected to do so. however, now vick is under scrutiny because of drugs as well: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7267734?MSNHPHMA

7. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
  8. James_Woods

James_Woods F1 World Champ

May 17, 2006
    Dallas, Tx.
    Full Name:
    James K. Woods
    There is also a complaint from some bank in Canada that he is defaulted on a big real estate loan...

9. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Sometimes its great to watch Karma hit its target :)

10. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    +1!

11. TheBigEasy

Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    No, I think in this case is just a matter of "you can take a guy out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the guy" mixed in with the fact that giving uneducated morons a lot money often ends in disaster, but always ends in them broke.

12. Rexcoltrain

Rexcoltrain Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    Oahu, Hawaii
    Google "Ron Mexico" if you haven't already. Pretty funny stuff.

13. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    Maybe Vick & Tyson can share a cell - & take turns with the gag ball.

14. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    rediculous... I am not saying its because of race, but honestly do you think if he wasn't a sports superstar he would be getting grilled this way... no way in hell, dog fighting is beyond michael vick. Dog fighting doesn't warrant the death penalty... as much as I love my dog they are F***ing dogs! Not people

I am tired of this

15. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Almost every dog is a loyal, kind, brave, loving animal

Too bad you cant say the same about most people

As Mark Twain said "If you could switch the qualities of a humanw a cat, the person would be improved while the cat would be worse"

Also keep in mind that torturing and killing animals is a warning sign that a person may become a serial killer

16. rollsorferrari?

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    i agree with this, but i don't think we have to worry about vick becoming a serial killer, :)

17. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I hope he becomes a serial rear ended victim :)

18. Tobias

Tobias Formula 3

May 22, 2004
    NY
    +100

19. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    You're absolutely right that he's getting hammered harder on this due to his celebrity and success. Now, I'm not the type who preaches about athletes being role models, but in the case of someone like Michael Vick, he has had the extremely rare opportunity to rise out of modest beginnings thanks to God-given athletic abilities and achieve a level of fame and wealth that only a very small percentage of people can ever attain. It is for that reason--his inability to look around and realize how fortunate and blessed he has been and live a life above thug lifestyle--that he should be so harshly judged. And no, they aren't just f-ing dogs. They are living, caring animals with emotions and feelings. They look to and depend upon their owners to provide them with a proper home (food, love, etc) but jackasses like Vick and all the others torture and beat these dogs into the aggressive fighters that they become. The death penalty is obviously severe, but in cases like this it's easy to feel that the guilty party should be punished to a higher degree because, unlike so many, he was given a chance to do better and threw it away so he could fight and gamble on dogs.

20. wrecktech

wrecktech Formula Junior

Jun 4, 2004
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    Just heard that a bank is suing him for $2,000,000 for default on a loan for 138 cars.

21. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch

+1. There is nothing greater.