Japanese GP Raceday **Spoilers** | Page 24 | FerrariChat

Japanese GP Raceday **Spoilers**

Discussion in 'F1' started by TheBigEasy, Sep 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    What? Are you serious? The general public that watches the F1 races, buys tickets, team shirts and all kind of memorabilia and pumps up tv ratings probably outnumbers "people in the know" 10:1. To keep their interests and their money coming to Bernie's pockets they need a novelty(sorry,for a lack of better word) like a wonder-boy-Hamilton. It is like Hulk Hogan being replaced by some tatto covered freak that is "different" and people watch WWF because of him. As much as you would hate the comparison, F1 needs another Senna, another Schumacher. LH is very good, I am not trying to discredit him, but unlike the other two is very much artificially created. It is like comparing the Beatles with Britney Spears. Without her "highly produced" videos she would never had the following she enjoyed.

2. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    LH has talent, no matter how much Ron Dennis might have "artificially created" in F1 you still have to have the raw talent or it doesn't work.

3. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +1

you can,t polish a turd..:)

4. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I absolutely agree with you. I have stated time and time again that I am not trying to discredit him. I am not saying that he does not have talent. The guy is just impressive. But I thing that it is just fishy the way everything is happening. It is a shame as probably it is not even as much his fault as much as the jack-arses scripting the whole thing.
    My comments were not targeting LH but Bernie and FIA because of my suspicion and fears that F1 is becoming a scripted reality show. Now they just have to start showing F1 on MTV.

5. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    I don't think Bernie et al are smart enough or cleaver enough to script it. they do take every opportunity to give him the breaks or he is the luckiest person on the planet earth.

And Lewis is very talented. His head has gotten too big. Saying things like Alonso should not be on the McCheater team is really out of line. He should learn to keep his mouth shut on such matters. Such statement do no good, create animosity with a teammate, create tension on the team, and draws negative publicity toward himself. It's a lose lose.

Loose lips sink ships and F1 teams. ;)

6. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    This kind of statement has been made regularly in these threads. What break has Ecclestone or Mosely given Hamilton? And let's have some evidence please.

7. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    That will be Alonso then not Lewis.

8. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    True statement that. I really dont know what the hell people base there attacking arguments on on this Racing forum. I also think to my self when i read how people think LH is arrogant and big headed ect ect, what if he was an American driver? Would anyone notice his arrogance?

9. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    DUHHHH
    JPM is originally from Collumbia but many considered him an American driver since he lived in Miamy.
    And guess what? Everyone here will tell you that he was an arrogant POS.
    Remember that no matter where we are now not all of us were born here. Besides the average F1 fan in USA does not equal the average person in USA. Most US F1 fans are well educated and quite well traveled people not tailgaiting Nastycar crowd.

10. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    Oh so a Columbian is an American, i see now. Just like a guy from Newzealand is really an Australian, or an Irishman is classed as an English man. Or indeed a Canadian ia also an American. I get it:) Thanks for that;) Well travelled ey;) is that the 30% who have a passport at all?

11. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Why do I even bother................

12. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
  13. pozzi

pozzi Formula Junior
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 28, 2004
    Brasil
    Full Name:
    Fabio Pozzi
  14. PhilNotHill

PhilNotHill Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jul 3, 2006
    Aspen CO 81611
    Full Name:
    FelipeNotMassa
    Favoritism:
    Lewis was not penalized but Alonso was in Turkey. Alonso was retaliating against Lewis for screwing up his qualification run. To be fair, both should have been penalized but Alonso got nailed which helped Lewis keep his lead in the points.

The McCheater drivers were not penalized for McClarengate. This benefitted both Hamilton and Alonso. Alonso got a little bit of a break because he was on the emails, but both should have been penalized. This is Mosley and others opinion which I agree with.

Lewis is Dennis' favorite. At just about any other team a rookie would have had to play a supporting or secondary role to the 2x WDC. He was fortuneate to be on a team that treated him as well or better than his veteran teammate.

Luck:
    Lewis was lucky when his tire went down and it didn't take him out of the race.

Now, I believe that Lewis is a great driver. I just feel is has received more than his fair share of the breaks this year. The press seems to give him a pass on some of his statements that others would be villified for. This is a matter of opinion. Others may think that the press has been hard on Lewis. I do not.

15. zero

zero Guest

Apr 24, 2007
    Pozzi, Now that has the hallmarks of a 1970s scrap:D

16. Chaos

Chaos Formula 3

Sep 29, 2004
    Cardiff. UK
    Full Name:
    Nick.
    good question - LOL

17. lucky_13_2002

lucky_13_2002 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 26, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Michael
    That was some video, man. As someone here mentioned before it reminds me of France'80.

18. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John

well you can, it comes out looking like RD :)

19. yzee

yzee F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2005
    Bodegata
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I just watched the race. Not going into what everyone knows of what LH has accomplished. He was 1 sec. a lap faster than anyone in the rain. And some still want to argue.

Hal, open the pod bay doors. No.

20. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    that is some of the ballsiest racing by BOTH drivers ever seen !!!

all those that bag Massa should hang their heads in shame .... or go out there and show us how it's done

how brave were those guys to be doing that at the end of the race in such atrocious conditions

21. IanMac

IanMac Formula 3

Jul 26, 2006
    Scotland
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Hamilton didn't "screw up" Alonso's qualifying run, he didn't let Alonso go out in front of him, which is what the team wanted, but Alonso didn't have a qualifying lap ruined. Alonso actually found himself in the position Hamilton would have been in had team orders been followed.

So Moseley didn't give Hamilton a break, HE would have penalised him. If Hamilton got a break here it wasn't given to him by Moseley.

That's got nothing to do with Ecclestone or Moseley. Hamilton may or may not be RD's favourite (well I guess he is now ;)) but this team has traditionlly had no number one driver (and they're entitled to do that) so it's a case of the best man wins.

That's it?? Well, surely no other driver has been as lucky as Hamilton!

22. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Holy Hell. That was awesome. Dare I say one of the best racing clips I've ever seen?

Seriously, my opinion of both Massa and Kubica rose significantly. Those guys are racers.

Honestly, it reminded me of the quote in the movie The 300 - "Never retreat, never surrender."

23. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Webber?

24. phylotic

phylotic Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 20, 2007
    US/EU
    Full Name:
    Gheorghe

Abs. awesome.

Give the Massa detractors approx 1 week to resume the bs he can't drive in the rain and/or pass
    -- consuming too many gullibloons, apparently.

>FIA should do artifitial rain for all races.

Would be cheaper + simpler than all the pc nonsense

Kubica would have been a hero if he took out hamster.
    And as per usual the FIA promptly steps in to protect their media bot.

25. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller