Second Annual "Ferraris at the Village" Event | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Second Annual "Ferraris at the Village" Event

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Grigio 308, Sep 8, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stump

Stump Rookie

Apr 12, 2007
    The Carolinas
    Ferrari, boat, and a plane, I will be in heaven.

2. MYMC

MYMC Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2006
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Looking forward to seeing eveyone Friday at the Rock Hill Airport and again Saturday for the show...looks to be a great weekend!

3. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Anyone wanting to driver down from LKN area or anywhere north of the city, how about meeting at Starbucks in Birkdale between 9:00 and 10:00 we could leave out by 9:45 this should put us in Ballantyne around 10:15- 10:30

I will be driving a Red Daytona.

Maybe Kless and arranges some of that Hollywood Parking he does so well

Wade

4. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    Can't wait to see all the cars and such! Me and two of my friends are leaving from Washington at 6:00 am. Is there going to be lunch during the event or no?

5. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I will be coming down 321, across 40 and down 77. What exit is this wade?

6. Shark49

Shark49 Formula Junior

Mar 31, 2005
    Boone, NC
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    There are lots of restaurants in the village the show is at.

7. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    Thanks, I've never been to Charlotte before, let alone the village.

8. rated///M

rated///M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Trevor Ely
    Looks like a good time, unfortunately I'll miss most of it!

Anyway, look forward to seeing some of you guys at the F1 viewing tomorrow evening.

9. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    #34 tervuren, Sep 28, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Awesome evening, thanks to Kevin and Ricambi for making it happen. I had some things at work that needed to go out today, but didn't get the parts in until the afternoon, so I got to the airport just as everyone was leaving, I'm sure everyone there had a good time, didn't see any frowns. :)

Le Mans, wow! Enjoyed it lots, especially much more driving home from it in a Porsche years older than I am at night...long stretch of road in the headlights. Fortunately I wasn't driving the same speed I was in my mind, had a wild animal jump out at me, I hit the other side of the road pretty fast, missed it, and tucked back in. Fortunately no big wreck like in the movie.

What was really interesting, is that when NFS Porsche Unleashed came out, I was 14, and chose as my racing number for my "stable" of cars - #21, the number McQueen finished in. I'd never seen the movie, and now - at age 21, I see it. Just kinda neat. :) I'll have to ask my older brother, it'd be funny if he had #8.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. MGD416

MGD416 Formula 3

Jun 4, 2006
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Matt
    that was fun thanks

11. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    I couldn't make it, sadly.

I made it halfway to charlotte then realised that I didnt have enough money to pay, and then get gas.

12. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Cameron the event was free for spectators! You should have came. Russ and I were wondering if you ever made it.

13. Big Ed

Big Ed Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    Bravo to all those who put this event together. The look on my son's face throughout the event was priceless.

Who won the voting? I couldn't hang around until 2:00.

14. cameronh

cameronh Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2006
    NC
    Full Name:
    Cameron
    OH NO! I thought it cost $20 to see the cars! I got halfway to Charlotte and turned around because I didnt think I would of had enough gas to get there and back with the money I had. When I turned around I almost cried haha. This would have been AMAZING. I ABSOLUTELY LOVE the F-50, LP640, and F-40. But the LP640 would have been by far my favorite. I LOVE Lamborghini and it is my dream one day to ride in one, let alone see one. The LP640 would have been the first Lamborghini Murciélago for me to ever see. But the thing I think I want to do the most is open the door ha!

I've kicked myself in the head about 20 times since yesterday. I hope maybe one day soon I will have the chance to do something like that and actually make it haha.