360 UK Import | FerrariChat

360 UK Import

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by MATT360, Oct 1, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MATT360

MATT360 Karting

Jun 8, 2007
    London
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I am considering shipping my 2004 360 back to the UK as my time in Bahrain is coming to an end.
    I have a few questions......
    Can anyone give me some advice on the best insurance company to deal with for this type of car, it will be a weekend car mostly and will not get a lot of miles on it.
    I will also need somewhere to keep the car, can anyone suggest a storage facility that deals with F cars etc at a reasonable price per month, I'm based in Chiswick.
    Has anyone had experience bringing their car into the UK as a change of residence, anything to look out for ?

Many thanks
    Matt

P.S the car is Euro spec LHD

2. Hud

Hud F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 26, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Cant help with storage Matt, but i use a company called AON for my Ferrari insurance. Very impressed so far and reasonably priced.

3. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    try micheal ward associates for insurance :)

4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    At a guess a Euro spec lhd car may need to have lots of taxes paid if its coming in from Bahrain unless its been previously EU registered - to get it UK registered you'll need the EU conformity doc plus change lights & speedo - I think there may have been threads about this before - from Chiswick try asking Verdi or QV if you need help

5. marky1

marky1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2004
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I am almost 100% sure if you import it on a change of residency there is 0 tax. My father brought a merc in in the early 1990's from Oman and he did not have to pay a thing. You might need to get some changes done to make the speedo miles etc, but it is not difficult.

6. Kam

Kam Karting

Dec 19, 2003
    London. UK
    Full Name:
    Kam Singh
    Think you have to have owned the car it the other country for over 6 months and also prove residency there not to pay the taxes.

As for insurance, I used Footman James on my LHD 360 and they were the cheapest by a few hundred pounds.