Best ways to steal money? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best ways to steal money?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by bpu699, Sep 28, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
  2. dongerdude

dongerdude Formula 3

Mar 17, 2006
    Full Name:
    Carl
    30K (especially if you are talking about US$ as apposed to GB £) isn't worth the risk - a 'smart' criminal always 'downsides' his crimes before doing them. Say you get 5 years in jail for a 30K payout, you've just made 6K per year. WHy bother?

There was a thing on the news the other day that someone is printing fake parking tickets and charging £100 for the fines. Again however the downside is too great - someone will work it out sooner or later and you'll go to jail.

The best scams seem to be those where you target one person, whom for whatever reason cannot go to the police about you as he's also involved in some illegality; or those where you cream off someone else's profits.

3. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Here ya go.....the public never flinched. Sales keep going up, to see the thief.
    http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fsb/fsb_archive/2002/11/01/331999/index.htm

4. jra85

jra85 Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2005
    Long Island, NY
    Hah, didn't think anybody actually did it. I actually quoted the movie "Office Space", and subsequently Superman 3. When you think about it though, it sounds like a pretty intelligent scheme. ;)

5. Tyler QB

Tyler QB Rookie

Nov 25, 2005
    i would start work as an atm repair technician/call center person. that what you know where and when and how to get the cash. not to mention you know where the truck are and the ATM software

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    That would also make you one of the primary suspect..

7. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    Darn. Why take the wind out of his sails by injecting logic into it?

8. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    It is instructive to note that the IRS goes after more little old ladies through intimidation than they do after big evaders with big name lawyers. Even when the IRS is dead wrong, the old ladies will pay up. Success rates get IRS agents promoted.

9. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Well, they are averages. Sure there are bank robberies where they get away with $300k but its the exception.

Most robberies are done with a suspect walking up to the teller, passing a note demanding money (teller usually empties their drawer or a portion of it), suspect walks out, then takes off running. So how much is in a tellers drawer at any given time? I'm guessing around $2k. Maybe a bit more, but not all tellers will give the perp all of the money.

The 10% solve rate susprises me. But most banks dont want to publicize that they were robbed, so it often doesnt make the paper. You'd be amazed at how many bank robberies there are in your state per year. I think in MA it was more than a couple thousand bank robberies per year? Pretty big #'s! Problem is the penalty is very high, so you better not get caught :)

10. ParhamK

ParhamK Formula Junior

Nov 14, 2005
    Sweden, Uppsala
    Full Name:
    Parham K.
    Best way would be to do the crime in another country than the one you live in, choose a country where the penalty for
    said crime is minimal for a first offence, and they have nice prisons (just in case). I.e dont choose thailand, el salvador, south africa, brazil and such countries. Make sure you have a safe way to get to the airport and out of the country in less than 12 hours after said crime.
    Also check that the police is not allowed to put out roadblocks for bikes (like Sweden), so you can actually get away.
    Money transports could be rewarding, get light body armor and a automatic weapon + a suitable sportsbike (make sure you know how to ride). Another scheme would be to start off a company and lease exotic cars and houses (like tjock steffe did, cali enzo crash dude from my town), and dissappear with the goods.

Oh and one more thing..dont write about your crime on the internet.

11. Stackhouse

Stackhouse F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 14, 2004
    IN YOUR TRUNK
    Full Name:
    CT.. AKA Pimp Daddy
  12. QT3141

QT3141 Formula Junior

Jul 24, 2006
    Mass email and chatroom pump and dump option plays just before expiry day were pretty clever, until they became illegal (or rather until the SEC started actually going after people for it).

13. TG

TG F1 Veteran

Oct 26, 2004
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Taylor
    Posted before, to some Steve Jobs did just that. (steal)

14. Lip Service

Lip Service Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2005
    If you loan someone money and charge interest on it you're a crook. But if you're the president of Visa, then you're a businessman.

15. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    If you know someone who lends money without charging interest, please post it. We'd all be very grateful.

16. Fnix

Fnix Karting

Jun 23, 2007
    Orlando, Florida
    Charging interest is how they make money. It's not stealing because you agree to it.

17. ZINGARA 250GTL

Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    It is not stealing because the law regulates how much interest can be legally charged. Within the law of contracts, you are not bound by an illegal "contract." Neither are you bound by an agreement signed under duress. Nobody lends money gratis. Nobody should be expected to. Borrow money and expect not to pay interest? You must be kidding. Put it into a bank and not expect to receive interest. Fair? There are usury laws. These laws are themselves usurious in many cases. If it is within the law and you sign it without a modicum of research. Oops!

18. Lip Service

Lip Service Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2005
    As would I. Even though theft is the topic, I was illuding more to the fact that loansharking is illegal whilst banks can do the same thing perfectly legal.